• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 5 - Reds v W.Force

D

Dumbo

Expect a good game from the Reds to secure points badly needed.
If there's any injuries before the team is announced (Reds) it maybe a tragic day for Queensland.

There is a long shot that Matt Giteau is open for buying, interest is in that the 10 jersey for the Force is wide open. Have a look at the Brumbies game and this game and think what the possibilities may have been.

Again until the team is announced - injuries on both sides are going to play a huge part of the game

First win for Reds! Again, i think Force will be a `force` but not thier time yet. I`ve expected a lot from the Perth boys but they show so little rugby! Reds can`t miss that!

Fair Rassie... in the Force's defence they are missing some key players from their expected starting line up, specially in 10, 12 and 13.

10 is their biggest problem followed by 12.

This is the S14 final!....for the wooden spoon.............

If the Reds lose this one I'm sure John Eales will go to the next Reds training session and.................

If the Force lose this one then Mitchell will know for sure that he is a suck coach........the Brumbies started off as superstars beating the Blues first up.....yep thats right...the Blues......Fitzpatrick, Jones, Blowers, Brooke, Lomu, Vidiri...the list goes on and on........

Their biggest problem if you ask me is that they are not a team yet! 9 of their players never were involved in Super 12 games. Until the start of the competition they`ve played toghether like what, 3-4 games? This means nothing! Give them time and you`ll see the results. Now, it`s too soon.

IMO, the fourth aussie franchise should have been in Melbourne if they weren`t for NRL and Aussie Rules strong money involvment. I repeat, it`s suits me just fine it`s Perth due to the fact that there, our teams will have a great supoport but honestly, the second largest city in Ausltralia should have the 4`th franchise!

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 8 2006, 10:11 PM
Their biggest problem if you ask me is that they are not a team yet! 9 of their players never were involved in Super 12 games. Until the start of the competition they`ve played toghether like what, 3-4 games? This means nothing! Give them time and you`ll see the results. Now, it`s too soon.

IMO, the fourth aussie franchise should have been in Melbourne if they weren`t for NRL and Aussie Rules strong money involvment. I repeat, it`s suits me just fine it`s Perth due to the fact that there, our teams will have a great supoport but honestly, the second largest city in Ausltralia should have the 4`th franchise!
:lol:

Man...since when did you become a good poster lol! :bravo:

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 8 2006, 10:11 PM
blasphemy!!!! please never bring this up again :p

Force is the most supported rugby team in Australia... why..... because its in PERTH!!!!!

Plus every wallabies game played over here is sold out within hours of the tickets being released.

You never would have got that in Melbourne.... even our two AFL teams sell out every game.

Guy's I live in Melbourne and the last place in Oz that should get a Union team is f&*king here. Never.

Melbourne can support an Union team - from the economic point of view! NRL aud AFL chickened out , they were afraid of competition. Certainly they`ve put quite a lobby for Perth and by lobby i mean money! It`s a common fact that they joined their effort in order to prevent a Union franchise in Melbourne.

Crusaders got here first... 10K plus to see their pre 14 game against the Force... Victoria is a dead duck. AFL is all there is here

TUNE IS BACK

r45548_118395.jpg

International winger Ben Tune was today announced in the QR Queensland Reds squad to play the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night.

Coach Jeff Miller included Tune in a 23-man squad along with skipper John Roe, Mark Connors and Peter Hynes who all return from injury.

Exciting rookie Berrick Barnes has been ruled out with sore ribs and a rolled ankle.

Julian Huxley, Greg Holmes and Connors will all need to get through tonight's training session before Miller can finalise the squad later in the week.

The return of John Roe to the squad was welcome news to Miller.

"It's timely that we get John back, he'll add a bit of experience to the pack particularly if Mark Connors plays as well."

Tune is likely to play a key role from off the bench.

"We're hoping to give Ben a fair amount of game time," Miller said.

"He trained really well with us last night and looks like he's getting back to his best but we'll only see (how well he is going) when he gets out on the field against the Force this weekend."

Miller is hoping his team gets fired up for the match, stating yesterday that the team must show a higher level of intensity than they did against the Chiefs.

Miller sees this as a danger game for the Reds and won't be taking them lightly.

"We know that they'll be fired up with so many Queenslanders coming back with something to prove."

The squad is:

Rodney Blake

Caleb Brown

Mitchell Chapman

Mark Connors

Sam Cordingley

David Croft

Elton Flatley

Sean Hardman

Greg Holmes

James Horwill

Julian Huxley

Peter Hynes

Lloyd Johansson

Chris Latham

Anthony Mathison

Tom McVerry

Drew Mitchell

Stephen Moore

Peter Niumata

John Roe

Ben Tune

Cameron Treloar

Josh Valentine

they havn't said how they will line up.

Great to see Tune back :cheers:

The Reds will win based on the pure shittiness of the Force and John Mitchell.

The Reds season should start to improve their season. For the love of God, please.

On another note, I had a few words with Flats on Tuesday and then bumped into Drew Mitchell yesterday.. he was with a high school girl.

The Reds season could start to improve if the money problem is solved otherwise you are going from bad to worse! QLD Rugby Union are getting through all sort of financial problems! Huh, i bet NRL has smth to do with that and it`s a pitty, QLD was a force to be reckon with from the beginning, and when i`m saying from the beginning i mean from the start when it was Super 6.

They were awesome also in Super 10, what super finals have we played with them then!

The Force squad is:

1. Tai McIsaac
2. Brendan Cannon
3. David Fitter
4. John Welborn
5. Nathan Sharpe
6. David Pusey
7. Matt Hodgson
8. Scott Fava

9. Matt Henjak
10. Brock James
11. Digby Ioane
12. Scott Staniforth
13. Josh Graham
14. Cameron Shepherd
15. James Hilgendorf

subs=
16. Pek Cowan 17. David Te Moana 18. Luke Doherty 19. Richard Brown 20.Chris O'Young 21. Scott Daruda 22. Haig Sare

The team looks pretty good on paper considering the injuries, i think the Reds will win in a close one but i wont be suprised if they cause an upset.

I'm going the Force on this one by a single point.
Think that the Red's will think they have the game in the bag but that will be their undoing.
The Force have had a dismal season thus far but Mitchell and Co. will have been working on the basics over the past week. Expect to see a better forward game from the Force with a lot more upfront contact and better defence. They still will have problems in the backline but again I'm sure they will have been working on this as well and look foreward to seeing the results.

Force for sure...

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 9 2006, 09:24 PM
The Reds season could start to improve if the money problem is solved otherwise you are going from bad to worse! QLD Rugby Union are getting through all sort of financial problems!
Where do you pull that from? We have just signed the biggest sponsorship deal in provincial Australian rugby history, corporate boxes are up by 50% at the new stadium and our crowds have been relatively healthy - 38k, 25k, 23k in the opening three rounds.

Can't wait to see Digby Ioane and Johansson play. Both could play really good games. Hopefully we don't get one of those boring interstate games like usual.

I'm going to the game so I've already prepared myself for sloppy encounter, anything else is a bonus.

Ioane and Johansson, along with TPN and Houston should be the Wallaby's new breed of black over the next couple of seasons - and bloody oath do we need it.

OK....lets bring on the real stuff

cant wait for this one........ should be cracker...... or a ****a.....whateva its gonna be good. :cheers:

Latest posts