• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 5 -Stormers v Hurricanes

D

Dumbo

2nd most interesting game of Round 5.

Canes have a lot of sh&t to deal with... Stormers are going to be really hungry for a win.
Round 5 is all about injuries... hard one to predict until the teams are announced.

Here in SA Stormers are known as "a one bad day - one good game` team. Needless to say they were the `bad team` last round, now it`s time for a win against Canes!

Canes, as they`ve showed in the last game, are not capable to produce an 80 minutes effort so a Stormer win is most likely!

Can the Stormers pull it off? Or will they have to once again listen to the deafening boos of their loyal fans?

I reckon the Stormers might just pull themselves together and either win it by a close margin or lose it by a close margin.

Here in SA Stormers are known as "a one bad day - one good game` team. Needless to say they were the `bad team` last round, now it`s time for a win against Canes!

Canes, as they`ve showed in the last game, are not capable to produce an 80 minutes effort so a Stormer win is most likely!

The Stormers have the advantage here... home ground, Canes not in a good position due to injury, discipline and travelling.

I'm thinking that the Stormers should take this, BUT all dependant on who’s playing on the day (from both sides).

Canes I think can still play a backline that could run the Stormers ragged.

This ones not over till we see the playing 15's.

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 8 2006, 10:08 PM
The Stormers have the advantage here... home ground, Canes not in a good position due to injury, discipline and travelling.

I'm thinking that the Stormers should take this, BUT all dependant on who’s playing on the day (from both sides).

Canes I think can still play a backline that could run the Stormers ragged.

This ones not over till we see the playing 15's.
I agree....

both teams are going in as wounded animals....anything can happen!

And that’s more in the Canes favour, the Canes have a backline that they could release that no one has seen as yet... old and the young, sometimes the old does not have to field the pitch to get the Mahi done.

lome faatau fights jerry collins?....

dats sum toughness right there...im backing the home team here by a small margin

Since we seem to be favorites going into the game we will get smashed especially with "Gus the gas man" Theron still in the team.

And someone mentioned home ground advantage, well the way the crowd is treating the team, the Stormers might as well be playing away! (I am not one of those fickle sh*ts that jeers my team when they aren't winning)

The only good news for us is Andries Bekker is back and looks like Jaco van der Westhuyzen is on his way to Cape Town. <_<

Hurricanes: 1 - Joe McDonnell, 2 - Andrew Hore, 3 - Neemia Tialata, 4 - Paul ***o, 5 - Jason Eaton, 6 - Jerry Collins, 7 - Chris Masoe, 8 - Rodney So'oialo (Captain), 9 - Piri Weepu, 10 - David Holwell, 11 - Hosea Gear, 12 - Tane Tu'ipulotu, 13 - Ma'a Nonu, 14 - Lome Fa'atau, 15 - Isaia Toeava.

Reserves: 16 - Luke Mahoney, 17 - Timothy Fairbrother, 18 - Luke Andrews, 19 - Thomas Waldrom, 20 - Brendan Haami, 21 - Jimmy Gopperth, 22 - Shannon Paku.

Stormers: 1 - JD Moller, 2 - Schalk Brits, 3 - Eddie Andrews, 4 - Ross Skeate, 5 - Andries Bekker, 6 - Luke Watson, 7 - Schalk Burger Jnr, 8 - Adri Badenhorst, 9 - Bolla Conradie, 10 - Peter Grant, 11 - Marius Joubert, 12 - De Wet Barry (Captain),13 - Gus Theron/Jean de Villiers,, 14 - Rayno Benjamin,, 15 - Werner Greeff.

Reserves: 16 - Hanyani Masana Shimange, 17 - Neil Fullard, 18 - Henk Eksteen, 19 - Justin Melck, 20 - Neil de Kock, 21 - Naas Olivier, 22 - Chumani Booi

...well with stormers' last performance in mind I will call Hurricanes by at least 20...

'scuse my ignorance here but what happened with these two? All I get from planet rugby is this : "According to Cooper what happened between Collins and Fa'atau had been "thoroughly investigated" ...."

did they have an argument between them?

Final sore: Hurricanes 23-19

****** off, missed the game and Fox arn't playing it again, YOU WANKERS.

The scorers:

For the Stormers:
Tries: Brits
Cons: Grant
Pens: Grant 4

For the Hurricanes:
Tries: So'oialo, Tu'ipulotu, H Gear
Cons: Holwell
Pens: Holwell, Gopperth

You need to get IQ Dumbo,i just IQ every game and watch them when i feel like it.

Stormers choked, they had the game in the bag and blew it.

yep hurricanes got out of jail really. stormers let the game slip through they finger literally.

4 sets of fingers actually, Ross Skeate, Peter Grant, Chumani Booi and Rayno Bejamin. <_<

Latest posts