• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7 - Hurricanes v Sharks

D

Dumbo

Canes ranked 2nd on the ladder return home and tale on the 9th placed Sharks.
Canes will be happy to play at home, but it's a long flight back from SA (just ask the Highlanders).

Sharkies to win 2 in a row!!! Just hope A you b****** and Manure are not on the same flight as the Hurricanes!!!

Think the last TMO is travelling with him ‘cause the Canes have decided he's good luck to have around.

He has been axed from the S14 TMO panel but he is still a touch Judge.

If they win this one Sharks are very much back in the competition for a place in the semis. If not, then again it`s always the next season.

That's a shame about THAT TMO, I'm prepared to give him 5 bucks a game if he can keep doing that for NZ sides (doesn’t make up for the food poisoning during that World Cup in SA but it's a step towards reconciliation).

Head to Head:
Hurricanes: 15 Isaia Toeava, 14 Lome Fa'atau, 13 Ma'a Nonu, 12 Tane Tu'ipulotu, 11 Shannon Paku, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Piri Weepu, 8 Rodney So'oialo (captain), 7 Chris Masoe, 6 Jerry Collins, 5 Luke Andrews, 4 Paul ***o, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Andrew Hore, 1 Joe McDonnell.
Replacements: 16 Luke Mahoney, 17 Tim Fairbrother, 18 Ross Kennedy, 19 Jason Eaton, 20 Thomas Waldrom, 21 Brendan Haami, 22 Tamati Ellison

Sharks: 15 JP Pietersen, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 13 Adrian Jacobs, 12 Andries Strauss, 11 Henno Mentz, 10 Tony Brown, 9 Craig Davidson, 8 AJ Venter, 7 Jacques Botes, 6 Warren Britz, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Johan Ackermann, 3 Brendon Botha, 2 John Smit (captain), 1 Heinke van der Merwe.
Replacements: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Deon Carstens, 18 Albert van den Berg, 19 Daniel Farani, 20 Ruan Pienaar, 21 Waylon Murray, 22 Gcobani Bobo/Brad Barritt.
----------------------------
Tony Brown - you are a disgrace.

Guys, watch that kid, Pietersen, he`s something...too bad Bismarck is benched ..

Originally posted by Rassie@Mar 23 2006, 07:11 PM
Guys, watch that kid, Pietersen, he`s something...too bad Bismarck is benched ..
Yep that is what I said after seeing JP play in last year's Currie Cup.

In the 2 games he has played this year he has looked far more threatening than Monty ever has. (I know he has scored a lot of points but Percy has either gotten intercepts or simply been backing up someone elses break) unlike JP who has been making breaks and attacking the line with success.

tony brown is doin excellent!....its cool that he playing in the southern hemisphere rather than ruining his career 'over there'...aka northern hades

but its good..i picked the canes,tight 5 battle goes to tha sharks but the triple threat flankers from the canes have been outstanding...no seriously..there outstanding and opponents are on the ground in pain hahhaa

whoever gets there backline the quickest ball from rucks is gonna win this game..notice how canes got 5 forwards on the bench?...there backline players better not get injured

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 23 2006, 10:11 PM
tony brown is doin excellent!....its cool that he playing in the southern hemisphere rather than ruining his career 'over there'...aka northern hades
Yeah my avatar looks cool, doesn't it? :p :D . He really seemed to get the brunt of the attacks from the stands last round for some reason. :rolleyes:

Hopefully he'll get even better during the rest of the season. A lot of pressure was put on him to perform.

Shitty ref, he needed to change his whistle after awarding so much penk in just 15 minutes!

Yuppie, Sharks have the lead, it`s 10 - 6 ! Come on you Durban surfers, pull this one through and win there !

Darn , 10 - 9 !

I`m totally ****** 23 - 10 with 5 minutes to go! :rahh:

Canes win one of the ugliest games you will ever see

How lucky was that try by Masoe when Lomi threw the ball blindly and it landed in his arms........... freaky!

They`ve build up their place in a semi, won 4 points, plenty of luck if you ask me considerig also that dissallowed try scored by Bulls last game but they are on top.

Sharks won a bouns point but they are out of competition (no chance to get through the semis, not even theoretical) .

All are hopes are in Cheetahs and Bulls, in the legendary provinces Vrystaat and Transvaal (where you can find the true essence of SA rugby spirit)

Latest posts