• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7 - Waratahs v Blues

Originally posted by sanzar@Mar 21 2006, 12:24 AM
Clarke, HAVE seen enough and trust me, Tuqiri>--------------------- Clarke
When have you seen much of Clarke just out of interested?

He has the potential to become England's next Greenwood.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 21 2006, 07:54 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Mar 20 2006, 07:44 AM
Whitaker
Rogers
Sailor
Turinui
Tiqiri
Hewat
Norton-Knight

You wont find a better backline than that in any league
I beg to differ...

Robinson
Spencer
Cohen
Quinlan
Clarke
Lamont
Reihana

Just thought I'd throw that in there. These guys in action is quite something. If you want proof, www.sportal.com.

I have nothing useful to add to the actual match debate, but I'd probably back the Waratahs to win it. [/b]
Bwahaahahahahahaha.......that backline is good for NH rugby but they wouldn't stand a chance in the Super 14 ......

Brumbies backline is every bit as good as the Tahs aswell...

9.Gregan
10.Larkham
11.Rathbone
12.Giteau
13.Mortlock
14.Gerrard
15.Ashley-Cooper

Tahs > Saints
Brumbies > Saints
Crusaders > Saints
Hurricanes > Saints

Eagles >>>>> Bombers :D

I'd rate the Brumbies backline much higher than the Waratahs to be honest.

They've got class from 9 to 14, although I don't know anything about the full-back for either team.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 22 2006, 11:44 PM-->
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 21 2006, 07:54 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Mar 20 2006, 07:44 AM
Whitaker
Rogers
Sailor
Turinui
Tiqiri
Hewat
Norton-Knight

You wont find a better backline than that in any league

I beg to differ...

Robinson
Spencer
Cohen
Quinlan
Clarke
Lamont
Reihana

Just thought I'd throw that in there. These guys in action is quite something. If you want proof, www.sportal.com.

I have nothing useful to add to the actual match debate, but I'd probably back the Waratahs to win it.
Bwahaahahahahahaha.......that backline is good for NH rugby but they wouldn't stand a chance in the Super 14 ......

Brumbies backline is every bit as good as the Tahs aswell...

9.Gregan
10.Larkham
11.Rathbone
12.Giteau
13.Mortlock
14.Gerrard
15.Ashley-Cooper

Tahs > Saints
Brumbies > Saints
Crusaders > Saints
Hurricanes > Saints

Eagles >>>>> Bombers :D [/b]
James Hird as an old man > Ben Cousins.

Head to Head:
Blues: 1 - Tony Woodcock, 2 - Keven Mealamu (Captain), 3 - John Afoa, 4 - Greg Rawlinson, 5 - Ali Williams, 6 - Troy Flavell, 7 â€" Angus MacDonald, 8 - Nick Williams, 9 â€" John Senio, 10 - Tasesa Lavea, 11 - Joe Rokocoko, 12 â€" Luke McAlister, 13 - Anthony Tuitavake, 14 - Vili Waqaseduadua, 15 - Isa Nacewa.

Reserves: 16 - Tim Dow, 17 - Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 - Anthony Boric, 19 - Kurtis Haiu, 20 - Junior Poluleuligaga, 21 - Rua Tipoki, 22 - Brent Ward.

Waratahs: 1 - Benn Robinson, 2 - Adam Freier, 3 - Al Baxter, 4 - Alex Kanaar, 5 - Daniel Vickerman , 6 - Wycliff Palu, 7 - Phil Waugh [v-c], 8 - David Lyons, 9 - Chris Whitaker (Captain), 10 - Mat Rogers, 11 - Lote Tuqiri, 12 - Shaun Berne, 13 - Morgan Turinui, 14 - Wendell Sailor, 15.- Peter Hewat

Reserves: 16 - Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 - Matt Dunning, 18 - Will Caldwell , 19 - Stephen Hoiles , 20 - Brett Sheehan, 21 - Daniel Halangahu, 22 - Sam Norton-Knight, 23 - Chris Siale
------------------------------
Welcome back McAlister, I think the Blues can take this one.

that is stupid...i dont know what 'favors' lavea gives nucifora but that is a dissapointing team

ward shuld be at fullback and necewa and 12 with tuitevake at centre and mccalister at 10...

or even tipoki at 12 and necewa at wing for waqueseduadua.....

sucks > lavea

Have to wonder if the Blues coach has got his head screwed on...

I'd go for...

10 - Luke McAlister, 11 - Joe Rokocoko, 12 â€" Rua Tipoki, 13 - Anthony Tuitavake, 14 - Vili Waqaseduadua, 15 - Isa Nacewa.

Ball boy - Tasesa Lavea.

Rua's been playing well and is a good combo with Tuitavake...

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 23 2006, 07:50 AM
James Hird as an old man > Ben Cousins.
bwahahahaahahha you have no idea what ya talkin about

Chris Judd and Ben Cousins own old man Hird

Eagles for the premiership 06 :champion:

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 23 2006, 10:53 AM
Head to Head:
Blues: 1 - Tony Woodcock, 2 - Keven Mealamu (Captain), 3 - John Afoa, 4 - Greg Rawlinson, 5 - Ali Williams, 6 - Troy Flavell, 7 â€" Angus MacDonald, 8 - Nick Williams, 9 â€" John Senio, 10 - Tasesa Lavea, 11 - Joe Rokocoko, 12 â€" Luke McAlister, 13 - Anthony Tuitavake, 14 - Vili Waqaseduadua, 15 - Isa Nacewa.

Reserves: 16 - Tim Dow, 17 - Saimone Taumoepeau, 18 - Anthony Boric, 19 - Kurtis Haiu, 20 - Junior Poluleuligaga, 21 - Rua Tipoki, 22 - Brent Ward.

Waratahs: 1 - Benn Robinson, 2 - Adam Freier, 3 - Al Baxter, 4 - Alex Kanaar, 5 - Daniel Vickerman , 6 - Wycliff Palu, 7 - Phil Waugh [v-c], 8 - David Lyons, 9 - Chris Whitaker (Captain), 10 - Mat Rogers, 11 - Lote Tuqiri, 12 - Shaun Berne, 13 - Morgan Turinui, 14 - Wendell Sailor, 15.- Peter Hewat

Reserves: 16 - Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 - Matt Dunning, 18 - Will Caldwell , 19 - Stephen Hoiles , 20 - Brett Sheehan, 21 - Daniel Halangahu, 22 - Sam Norton-Knight, 23 - Chris Siale
------------------------------
Welcome back McAlister, I think the Blues can take this one.
What the hell is Norton-Knight doing on the bench???

I knew Ewan would pull this ****, the guys a moron.

Tahs by 20

Originally posted by Dumbo@Mar 23 2006, 11:08 AM
Have to wonder if the Blues coach has got his head screwed on...

I'd go for...

10 - Luke McAlister, 11 - Joe Rokocoko, 12 â€" Rua Tipoki, 13 - Anthony Tuitavake, 14 - Vili Waqaseduadua, 15 - Isa Nacewa.

Ball boy - Tasesa Lavea.

Rua's been playing well and is a good combo with Tuitavake...
yeh agreed..i like the triple threat from north harbour in the midfield..they are a major reason as to why there npc team got to the semi's...

but isikeli necewa needs to be closer to the ball to utilise his better strengths..i have been watchin him for 3 years now and he has to be the GREATEST UTILITY PLAYER in the world right now...i have never seen any other player cover fullback,wing,centre and second five with ease and also with great skills in all those positions...plus now we find out he can kick consistantly good from 40metres out :eek: ..

he would have been built up as an allblack and wouldve solved alot of there 'utility backline player' problems if he didnt all ready dedicate himself to the fijian team..

i see him best in the midfield...at fullback he can play the conservative game quite well but he shines at playing the razzle dazzle style...offloading and sidestepping in the midfield and linking with roko and howlett is his real strength..that finesse and flair can unlock our wing problems

plus brent ward is a great allround player and needs to be on that field!

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Mar 23 2006, 07:56 PM
but isikeli necewa needs to be closer to the ball to utilise his better strengths..i have been watchin him for 3 years now and he has to be the GREATEST UTILITY PLAYER in the world right now...i have never seen any other player cover fullback,wing,centre and second five with ease and also with great skills in all those positions...
Thanks CHIRO thats the funniest thing i've read all day...... Nacewa lol

hahahaha...necewa proberly be able to out scrum any of your aussie 'toy' props too

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Mar 24 2006, 07:32 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Mar 23 2006, 07:56 PM
but isikeli necewa needs to be closer to the ball to utilise his better strengths..i have been watchin him for 3 years now and he has to be the GREATEST UTILITY PLAYER in the world right now...i have never seen any other player cover fullback,wing,centre and second five with ease and also with great skills in all those positions...
Thanks CHIRO thats the funniest thing i've read all day...... Nacewa lol [/b]
necawa is one of the greatest utility players. hes excelled at wing, full back, centre, 2nd 5/8 and 1st 5/8. hes had what? 1 season of s14 under his belt? he was awesome in the npc. maybie if you looked into a player a bit more, or let someone who follows them a little more you would know what hes really capable. why isnt he preforming so far in the s14? you could say that about the other 10 players in the blues who are either all blacks, former allblacks, or boarderline all blacks.

The Truth's Rugby knowledge, or lack of is on par with Air Bens... therefore, you should all give give me plus rep.

Why is Shaun Berne still in the side while Knight is on the bench? Berne is the only player bringing down that backline.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 24 2006, 07:51 PM
The GREATEST UTILITY player in the world?

what about Mat Rogers?
yeah.. well... apart from rogers B)

in other news. f*** you blues. f*** you.

Latest posts