• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 7. Western Force v Reds

D

Dumbo

The Force after dispatching the Canes last week take on the Reds who got humped by the Highlanders get to try and win another one at home.
The Force is the current Australian team with momentum, while the Reds are still struggling.

Force should be clear favorites in this one as it’s pretty obvious the Reds are struggling.
On the injury side I haven’t heard much from the Force but the Reds still are without key inderviduals. Big Rodney Blake should be going under the knife and won’t be able to play, talented Clinton Schifcofske could be set to return, as for the MANY others missing I’m not sure.

One highlight for the Reds in the combination of young guys Quade Cooper (who surprisingly turned out to be Kiwi born) and Berrick Barnes. For the Reds to have a shot these two really are going to have to step up to deal with Matt Giteau and Junior Pelesasa (if selected at 2nd5), I for one think they can. Last week’s effort from these two against the Highlanders was truly inspirational and if they can gain further momentum on that performance then it could be all on.

Ben Tune on Ryan Cross should be a highlight as well as don’t think either is going to be taking the game lightly.

Also as a local match… fists could fly in this one.

Force in a close one.

Nah, I'd go the other way... think this could be a very exciting match.
Both teams are prepared to have a go at the try line, I'm looking forward to it.

Should be the most worthwhile game to watch for a Reds fan all season. More confident of a win over there then at Dunedin, even though the Force are a better team. Massive rivalry if last year is anything to go by. Eddie Jones also called them Queensland C a few months back. Should be a few decent biffs.

Dumbo,

Berrick Barnes is injured mate, i'm not sure how bad it is but it's the same shoulder he had reconstructed last year... he definately wont be playing this week.

James Horwill is another one of the Reds players in doubt for this match.

I haven't heard much about the Force this week but there must be some concerns over the fitness of Staniforth, Pusey and maybe Doherty.

I think we'll be incredibly hard to beat at home now we have that monkey off our back, i'm expecting a bonus point win against the Reds :) .

Barnes out? Bummer as was looking forward to him and Cooper teaming up for this one as was impressed with their efforts last week against the Highlanders.

Any news on Schifcofske?

Any news on Schifcofske?
[/b]

Broken hand

Still at least 2 weeks away from returning (more likely 3).

If you head down to Reds training this week your a pretty good chance of getting a game against the Force.

yeah barnes out and the reds tried to get blakes surgey delayed but the aru turned them down. horwill is expected to play. reds have no forwards and backs. force should win this in a canter.

Going to be a close game reds are going to give everything.

Force by 10 or less.

Force injury update:

Staniforth has undergone knee surgery but should only miss the next couple of weeks, maybe just the one.

David Pusey injured ankle ligaments - out for 2 weeks

Pat O'Connor and Luke Doherty were also getting treatment today, we may be forced to blood one of our apprentice locks Tom Hockings.

Henjak out of training today with injured arm

Giteau doing lite training on the sidelines (not training with the team)

I'm going to against common sense and back the Reds to win this one. I dunno why but I kinda feel sorry for them in their current state.
Any team would be down on their knees if they had the same amount of injuries to their key players.

BTW, Andrew Walker will be Man of the Match. He will kick all of the Reds points.

Also be good to see Pelesasa come up against Johanson.

Reds by less than 7.

Unless the Reds blast away in the first half the Force will catch or blow out the lead in the 2nd half.

I'm going to against common sense and back the Reds to win this one. I dunno why but I kinda feel sorry for them in their current state.
Any team would be down on their knees if they had the same amount of injuries to their key players.

BTW, Andrew Walker will be Man of the Match. He will kick all of the Reds points.

Also be good to see Pelesasa come up against Johanson.

Reds by less than 7.
[/b]

Thats all nice and cute, but rather meaningless when you dont back it up in the tipping comp :D

Force squad

1. Gareth Hardy
2. Brendan Cannon
3. AJ Whalley
4. Rudi Vedelago
5. Nathan Sharpe ©
6. Richard Brown
7. David Pocock
8. Scott Fava
9. Matt Henjak
10. Matt Giteau
11. Cameron Shepherd
12. Junior Pelesasa
13. Ryan Cross
14. Digby Ioane
15. Drew Mitchell

16. Tai McIsaac 17. Angus Scott 18. Luke Doherty 19. Matt Hodgson 20. Chris O’Young 21. Scott Daruda 22. James Hilgendorf

Big game for Ioane this one. Another blinder this week and surely Mitch would have no choice but to replace Pelesasa with Staniforth when he returns.

No real complaints with the team selected this week, the only changes i would make is Scott in for Whalley and Hodgson in for Pocock.

match of the round me reckons!..should be some rogh going ons here....eddie and john dont get along do they? hahahha..

should be good to see the varying tactics..but i reckon this game will come down to the last 20minutes..where the force will just stack up some numbers on them..so pretty tight early on and a force dominant in the last 15-20min..should be a ton o hits tho...
force should have put on some up n up form from last weeks scrap

I'm going the other way Chiro, think it will be over for the Reds in the first 20 mins... have you seen their death toll?

Still havn't seen the Reds line up and checked things out head to head but looking at the Force squad... like the prophet said... it was over before it began, I wanted to hold ya *** and you just wanted to hold me hand and it was over before it began.

no i havent seen the death toll..but then again..i dont really care

ha!

Latest posts