• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round One: Lions v Waratahs

Here's a funny article

'Sheep-shagger' taunts haunt Beale
Sunday 04th February 2007
The Waratahs' teenage sensation Kurtley Beale has revealed that he was taken aback by rude taunts from spectators at Ellis Park in Johannesburg last Friday.

The Waratahs beat the Lions 25-16 in a First Round Super 14 match, but for Beale the spectators' taunts were an eye opener.

Speaking to the Australian media after the game the 18-year-old, who was still on the school benches three months ago, said he was dismayed at the sledging the crowd gave the Australians.

"I've never heard an Aussie get called a sheep-shagger before - I've heard it now," said Beale, whose ears pricked at the insult while he was sitting on the bench and walking in and out of the players' tunnel.

"I was pretty amazed by it. I have never played in that kind of atmosphere before. But it was a good experience." [/b]

I wonder if the Saffas are still calling the Italians Poms and the Germans Yanks.

I thought Beale's debut was pretty good, he just needs to get use to the pace of Super rugby and improve his defence.... he tackles to high.

lion lickers
tiger tuggers
hyena humpers
mandrill mastebaters
sabre sodomites
bok bangers

or we can get left field and join them and call them roo rooters

Latest posts