• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rucks are killing this game

Originally posted by mikeeboy@Jan 31 2006, 10:00 PM
The thread starter is still playing and my opinion hasn't changed. Playing with a slightly inferior team, you will lose 99% of rucks when not in possession. The only way to get possession is to use the big hit tackle (not easy but effective when timed right) or an interception (not easy).

Combine this with some dodgy centre AI where now and again he'll run in the opposite direction and defending is a very frustrating experience in this game.

The game plays like a game of league with lineouts and unlimited tackles. Rucks are a replacement for a play the ball situation. I think that's why the league boys like this game.
<

<
<
<

OH NO!!!! ak!! ak!! Ak---a--aaaaaayyyyyyy!!!

looky, looky, it is almost EXACTLY what you were saying would be crap about EA06....

I sense even you will not appreciate this irony...

any responses to this? anyone else?

I mean

OWWWWW--------CCCCCCCCCHHHHHHAAA

AK -
<
<
<

Me:
<
<
<

all good ak....end of february fpr EA06, and I'm sure you'll be up on the right side of the bed tomorrow.

cheers for some facts from a game player (of the actual game) mikeeboy...appreciated by all consumers.

<

not wrong on the league guys loving it. both knowsleyroader and st helens love the game. It seem likely i will be giving this one a miss in favour of ea's game. I am not rich you know but if you can buy both then go for it

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 1 2006, 12:56 AM
not wrong on the league guys loving it. both knowsleyroader and st helens love the game. It seem likely i will be giving this one a miss in favour of ea's game. I am not rich you know but if you can buy both then go for it
AK will never live this one down....

pnly with total apologies and I was wrongs from the get go can get him out of this fix.....

admit!

CONFESS!!!!!

ak---aaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

rucks and game like league.....OUCH!!!!!!!!!
<

lol it is pretty funny. everyone was lead to be believe and thought that this game would be the game to get but no we have been letdown. rucks etc nearly everything about this game is not up to scratch. who would have believed that ea's game would actually be the one worth getting not me for one but it does seem true.

So Los, what exactly are these special methods of turning the ball over at the breakdown of which you speak?

And don't give a hand-off of "It ttok me long enough so you can figure it out yourself". That would just be childish.

well as much as i am league but thru and thru in reality

union games just add more variety coz u can have tunrovers more than every 6 tackles

upon this news of feeling like league etc etc

WELL f***.......f*** **** f***..........toretz, kicks in
<
<
<

ur kidding

this is BS.

How can a rugby game not have proper rucks

Lets play madden without any play calling

what-a-load-a-****

Well Los the developers have ko'd me for 6 again.............not directed at any in particular, but nothing has served rucks well since rugger 2001

When will the JLR rucks'n'mauls arrive on better machines
When will Ruggers 2001 rucks be implemented
I mean gimmie something............anything just something...........

This is bad news, but i will uphold my motto in life

"Believe half of what ur eyes see, and nothing of what u hear"

Thus, my current stance is negative, i wont be throwing my TAB ticket away just yet...............i hold hope for my top weighted sprinter to finish strong in the 3200m melbourne cup.............come on son whip it, *****, just whip it now!!!

<

EDIT EDIT EDIT

just read toup review of the rucking system

the above tears have now been addressed until furthur notice
<
<

yeah his view on rucks was a bit different. still don't think there is much hope for the gmae as seen in the other thread about not being able to get real players in career mode.

I seriously don't have a problem with rucks on this game - granted it is hard to turn over ball, especially against better teams, but I have been able to do it. Whilst it's not the most interactive system, it does work for this arcadey style of game. It's all about patience and concentration, just like real defence

hmm interesting the rucks maybe not as bad as first thought. too bad the rest of the game also fails to deliever.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 1 2006, 09:56 AM
well as much as i am league but thru and thru in reality

union games just add more variety coz u can have tunrovers more than every 6 tackles

upon this news of feeling like league etc etc

WELL f***.......f*** **** f***..........toretz, kicks in
<
<
<

ur kidding

this is BS.

How can a rugby game not have proper rucks

Lets play madden without any play calling

what-a-load-a-****

Well Los the developers have ko'd me for 6 again.............not directed at any in particular, but nothing has served rucks well since rugger 2001

When will the JLR rucks'n'mauls arrive on better machines
When will Ruggers 2001 rucks be implemented
I mean gimmie something............anything just something...........

This is bad news, but i will uphold my motto in life

"Believe half of what ur eyes see, and nothing of what u hear"

Thus, my current stance is negative, i wont be throwing my TAB ticket away just yet...............i hold hope for my top weighted sprinter to finish strong in the 3200m melbourne cup.............come on son whip it, *****, just whip it now!!!

<

EDIT EDIT EDIT

just read toup review of the rucking system

the above tears have now been addressed until furthur notice
<
<
<
<

sux eh?

Hope you find redeeming aspects anyhow. good luck!
<

Thing about JLR though was that I NEVER lost a ruck against ai or opponents using the thumb slide back and forth technique....however it left me with terrible cramping and a sore hand for days after tournaments.......so I'm happy to pull back from that nonsense to be honest......

bring on the open play....my forwards will run, fend, barge, step and pop balls....I'll be damned if they're mauling and driving much more than was already in rugby 05...

also rugby 05 and I guess thus EA06 had good things about forward play that were still good....

- tightheads
- turning the scrum (very satisying) and turning posession by going 90 degrees
- mauls
- the ability to stop a maul drive dead in its tracks, with no ground made, with good timing of a defensive surge
- lineouts that were rewarding to win against the throw and had a challenging rear jumper throw too, as the timing depended on the no8 and the hooker etc..it was/is good
- rip the ball in the forwards
- secret turnovers (when available)
- collapsing scrums/mauls

off the top of my head that's a list that's surely better than nothing if youhave the rest of the game kicking arse surely? AK?

anyway....peace.

<

PS - sorry lazy chestnut, but it is not about being childish, it is that:

1. I have had nothing but arseholes about it
2. The situations in which they are used effectively are about on screen flickers and a gamer's feel from playing it so much......I couldn't explain the situations. It isn't possible in words. sorry.

a couple of the techniques...note - you will try ut and simply say it doesn't work....everyoe does, so I don'tknow why I'm bothering...

* holding r3 as you make the tackle and timing it to rip as you hit the ground - amidst the melee it is turned over instantly as your forwards pile over
* using r3 in the right SITUATION (see....) rips the ball.....I did five in a row when my momentum was up high in the space of five game minutes near the end of a clash last night and was not penalised ONCE.
* the twist of the directional-pad between up and down, whilst pressing one of L2 or R2 can effect a quick steal at a ruck....in, like two seconds, while they are organising...WELL BEFORE the time lapse of the automatic turnover.
* similarly, a similar combo, not exactly sure, is a feel thing and am not playing obviously..so...sorry.....but it enables the players with ball in hand to shake out of weaker tackles easier (not forwards or rucks etc, but thought I would throw it in).

the others are too complex and I have been too hurt by insults.

* tip for twisting scrum....simultaneous push of square and 45 degree angle of the left analogue stick....do ot shift its placement as the scrum twists, no simply have it correctly placed in the first place.

* on attack for un-bunching your bcks...simply choose set play move and throw to backline just before it is set.....this spereads them for the move, but you do your own.

that's all I can be stuffed with, need to read some more threads and then do some work.

see ya.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 1 2006, 02:23 PM
<
already have mate

i have confirmation the rucks in RC2006 are the best since Rugby2001

u can have ur little EA05 techniques funny they arent in the intruction book...apart from the R3, which i know is true, but the others appear to be a turnover glitch coz its not consistent when doing it in all the rucks........all the rucks

last night i won 4 games in a row (HARD with TAHS)...............i only played 4 games.............guess what...........not 1 player did i commit into the ruck (wanst hard either coz its they way i've been playing for 10 months, we've never hit x after a tackle anymore)..........except the default tackling dudes, nobody went into the rucks................and guess what i won, all games, and had more possession in all of them, and i even turned some ball over on defense, with only the tacklers rucking, and the CPU committing the pack and the bench.....WTF, WTF, WTF

RC2006 has the best rucking system since ruggers 2001 - FACT, read some posts
RC2006 has a new rolling maul/scrum system - FACT

Already, i see both games delivering in different aspects.........which is good news atleast
<
<

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 1 2006, 03:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 1 2006, 03:58 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Feb 1 2006, 02:23 PM
<
already have mate

i have confirmation the rucks in RC2006 are the best since Rugby2001

u can have ur little EA05 techniques funny they arent in the intruction book...apart from the R3, which i know is true, but the others appear to be a turnover glitch coz its not consistent when doing it in all the rucks........all the rucks

last night i won 4 games in a row (HARD with TAHS)...............i only played 4 games.............guess what...........not 1 player did i commit into the ruck (wanst hard either coz its they way i've been playing for 10 months, we've never hit x after a tackle anymore)..........except the default tackling dudes, nobody went into the rucks................and guess what i won, all games, and had more possession in all of them, and i even turned some ball over on defense, with only the tacklers rucking, and the CPU committing the pack and the bench.....WTF, WTF, WTF

RC2006 has the best rucking system since ruggers 2001 - FACT, read some posts
RC2006 has a new rolling maul/scrum system - FACT

Already, i see both games delivering in different aspects.........which is good news atleast
<
<
[/b]
<

who needs convincing when you have yourself....? lol!!

a 1 man reverse games promoter effectively selling the game to yourself.

I have read ALL the posts also by the way, including the ones you are hedging your bets on....

You never edited rugby 05...

The techniques aren't meant to win the ball ALL the time - if I have said it once, I'll say it again....that would result in 100 percent possession! in what form of rugby can you bloody well rip the ball whenEVER you want? plse stop being silly just cos you are so defensive about the game and have pre-ordered it etc...now, you will just say it is gd even if it isaverage...which is disappointing as I am not going to be able to trust what yousay about it when you get it - bugger!!
<

also the secret rips I speak of involved piling more men into the rucks first and winning the bar battle before executing.....

thus, with the way you think it playing the game properly, you NEVER had a chance of working it out. The irony.

If you were playing edited teams you wouldn't have had your precious one man rucks - you would have got absolutely murdered....

also, hitting rucks and being dominant increases your moentum, which in turn allows for step out of tackels and exciting p-ossibilities,,,again, you never had a chance.

Won heaps of rucks and came 2nd in world league third division last night with 1 player Luger.....how? Cos I PLAY the game..I don't cruise it....I got 8 bonus points for scoring four tries or more!! Yet lost 4 games.....do the math and you will see I am pretty much playing a different game...

they draw and pas on the full back, step, fend....ahhhhhh, tis a thing of beauty I tell you....

thus EA06, even unedited, is going to blow my freakin' mind!!!

<<funny not in the intruction booklet>>
Personally I love that - you have only yourself to blame for giving up on the game.

'best rucks since 2001'

yeah...well......there are very differing opinions on that and I have taken into account BOTH sides.....
Put it this way, would you eat a piece of **** if you knew there was a piece of chocolate in it?

No?

Then save your money.

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 1 2006, 03:22 PM
You never edited rugby 05...

If you were playing edited teams you wouldn't have had your precious one man rucks - you would have got absolutely murdered....
granted i have never edited in rugby05

except for the birth of Jonah

Thus i will never see where ur coming from unless u send me your memory card
<

but save that

i dont care which is better..........i havent really any authentic cash on the line, thus dont care whom is predicting more accurately, and dont care which is better coz i'll have BOTH

as long as we get something much better than EA05 and WCR, on both accounts

i was just replying to yesterdays rumours that the rucks are killing this game...thread ***le

Which is clearly false given the majority have already spoken about the rucks, being all good.........key words FALSE and THREAD ***LE.

Dont forget i am getting both, so if EA06 turns out better...good on it.....i aint defending either, i am just sick of EA's rucking........since 2004, hasnt changed, and its an intergral part of rugby...more so than 3D grass, impact players

Dont forget here that Rugby2004 rucking engine hasnt changed, except for the R3 kill ball..........but the rest is mirrored.........

I'll throw some $$ down now that in 2007 EA will announce new rucks, thus throwing ur defense (granted u r satisfied with the current system, which is a safe assumption based on ur posts) of the EA current rucking out da bloody window, and down the hay-diddle-diddle
<

WCR + Button bashing rucks = carpal tunnnell syndrome.

You guys watch....about 5 - 10 years from now there will be a couple of lawsuits against the creators of these games for kids losing the nerve endings in their hands and not being able to use their hands

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 1 2006, 04:38 PM
i was just replying to yesterdays rumours that the rucks are killing this game...thread ***le

Which is clearly false given the majority have already spoken about the rucks, being all good.........key words FALSE and THREAD ***LE.
Well I'm still playing but I still stand by what I said originally. If you play with a slightly inferior pack, you will lose 99% of rucks without the ball, irrespective of where/how the tackle was made - that's crap.

Similarly when playing with a slighly better team you will never lose your own ruck ball and quite often steal the oppositions.

You cannot get quick ruck ball whilst attacking.

The attacking aspects of this game, while very arcadey are strangely addictive, which is why I'm going back to the game each night. However, defense in the game is one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in a videogame.

Check out my post in the other thread... reckon there's a tip there that might help defensively. I do agree that playing with a good team then it's pretty easy to keep possession... but surely good teams are good at holding possession in real life?!?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 1 2006, 03:30 PM
No real players in career mode???!!! I hope thats a joke?!?!?!
sadly it is not a joke mate. see this thread for more info http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=4666&st=50

it is truly bad news about this game. the possible redeming feature to make up for the approach to the game and sh fans is just not there at all.

the rucks seem to be at least ok but last time i checked a rugby game was more than rucks.
<

I know, I am gutted about this! Started career mode last night, and the development and training etc is an excellent idea, but lack of real players spoils it somewhat... I'm hoping this is something that can be edited...

yeah one question I know i asked in the other thread but will ask here as well. are the sh player etc that are in the super 14 etc are they carried into career mode or are there new players altogher.

also are any of the nh licensed players in the career mode

Latest posts