• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 06 out on friday... Have some footage

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 8 2006, 12:01 AM
I f you suck forwards into the rucks and backs are forced to come i n and cover yes ther will be an overlap, but not every time and, this only works after multiple hit ups, getting the defence consantly on the back foot.

Just read the interview with the dev in the other htread, and he says theyve improved the ai alot. Hooe hes not lying.
yea me too - the defensive AI is one of the main things that worries me about this game. He does actually say the defense is much tougher although I guess he would say that!

Must say the graphic look different. Good work with the videos especially added music :)

The gameplay looks heavily improved and very impressive I must say, the offloads look to have been implemented far better than any other rugby game to date and the kicking looked far more realistic as well. The only gripe I have with anything in the video is that that step has remained the same... seriously, has anyone seen a rugby player step like that in real life? I always loved the way swordfish did their steps in WCR with the simple and spin steps, they were the best of any rugby game to date!

trust me - the steps will be sweet - little details make it that you notice on replays - the player shuffles his feet and changes the hands on which he is carrying the ball

Atleast the side step looks better then the ones in RL2 that was horrible :toss:

an issue i have is in the long vid from locks

i think its the 1st ruck

somehow locks lost it...............and dunno why

the screen just warped over the other side behind the AI, AS SOON as locks was tackled....................did he lose the ball?? tell me how??

Originally posted by frontline@Feb 8 2006, 11:29 AM
Atleast the side step looks better then the ones in RL2 that was horrible :toss:
That's not saying much though is it? The step in RL2 is only marginally better than the one in RL1 and both look terrible! The porblem with the Rugby 06 one is that it doesn't actually even look like a step... more just like a player who's slipping and just manages to regain his footing.

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 8 2006, 12:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-frontline
@Feb 8 2006, 11:29 AM
Atleast the side step looks better then the ones in RL2 that was horrible  :toss:
That's not saying much though is it? The step in RL2 is only marginally better than the one in RL1 and both look terrible! The porblem with the Rugby 06 one is that it doesn't actually even look like a step... more just like a player who's slipping and just manages to regain his footing. [/b]
exaclty

the side-step in Rugby05 and 06, is like an animation of a girl doing hoolohoops

tragic

i want something like preston campbell......over 90 degrees variance, with little speed loss

I think the step looks good, its more like a swerve, and is more realistic when a player is at full speed. Steps like in madden dont look right when your going full speed and suddenly you just stop and cut on a sharp angle.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 8 2006, 02:49 PM
I think the step looks good, its more like a swerve, and is more realistic when a player is at full speed. Steps like in madden dont look right when your going full speed and suddenly you just stop and cut on a sharp angle.
i dunno about that man, there are some fair freaks in NFL. That Daunte Hall is a freak of nature especially

I think its the arm action and head position of the guy when he steps. Too me the foot work isnt 100% but would look alot more realistic with more of a head fake and body swerve with the step. His arms are like a windmill probably like pansy wendell sailors side step.

Anyone else having trouble geting the main video to open? have seen the rest but can't access that one...

Originally posted by dobrien7@Feb 8 2006, 08:35 PM
Anyone else having trouble geting the main video to open? have seen the rest but can't access that one...
Had a problem when I first opened it, and the sound wasn't there. For some reason, I opened it again, and it worked.

Don't usually have any trouble with the videos, so there might be a small problem with the link.

One thing that I hope this game dosnt do, is limit your players speed on higher difficulties. Rl2 did this and so does RC 2006 on intensive care. This prevents runnaway tries, and a rugby game without runnaways just isnt rugby.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 8 2006, 09:50 PM
One thing that I hope this game dosnt do, is limit your players speed on higher difficulties. Rl2 did this and so does RC 2006 on intensive care. This prevents runnaway tries, and a rugby game without runnaways just isnt rugby.
Good point. They can happen at any level in real life.

Latest posts