• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Editor

cheers, i did have it up there for a while, ill see what i can do tomorrow its 4am here and i am tired.

might watch the first 10 mins of the portugal game lol

thanks for all the info, ill have to read it a few times to really see what the problem is. i am guttered as i thought that it would work.

the players dont need to look right :) but oh well its all good.

Hey Woosah, hope you're not half dead after that annoying game between the Manu and the boks. I've beeen harping on about some of the ref's calls in that game in other threads. I'm gonna be ****** all day! :(
Thanks for taking a look at the prob, if you'd like I can send you my roster when I get home if it makes it easier for you to understand my poor explanation of the bug.

Hey woosah, I was wondering if you could help me out. One of my testers has a strange problem with my roster. Some of the players do not show as having headgear when he plays, but in the cut scenes they do. I have checked both of these players and on my computer they show headgear both in the cut scenes as well as in general play. I seem to remember a similar issue with the Richie McCaw face edit done by evol and I remember you saying something about the solution for it.
Also I have seriously weird error where J.Cudmore of Canada appears as a huge blob of corrupted textures. If you have any idea why these anomalies are occurring let me know.

thats pretty random, sounds like an explanation from evol is needed :) i know nothing about the graphics. unless of course their graphics card isnt good. you need somewhere to upload the roster so i can have a look :p

I decided to upload the roster so it's in its own thread over in the main EA Rugby section. I felt it was better to get it out there now as I am pretty sure these issues will take a while to resolve and people will enjoy an updated roster more now than later. :) though I am bracing myself for the rounds of criticism that are inevitable :(

Hey guys I'm no longer MIA.. I don't have ozzy's roster update, but I do have that problem with cudmore blob and guys not having headgears or different face in the gameplay shot but when the cut scenes come on they do?

I went into the replay out of curiostiy and for some reason it shows the players original face but when you zoom in close it changes to the face that I changed it to... If that makes any sense.

Hey Woosah, was wondering if you are still doing any work on the roster editor? I was thinking about the problems with custom players and the editor needs to not auto assign an existing face number from the drop down list, which it is always doing when there is a face number there it doesn't recognise. It needs to be forced to take whatever number you enter so that when you come back to that player still has the face number you entered.

I am still doing it, ill just add that in now if you like :) and upload it for you (and everyone else)

I have been flat out, i was planning on doing some work on it when i was on holiday from work, but i didnt even get my laptop out (it was such a good time :) )

it will be the same direct link as before, but ill let you know when i have done it :)

Just providing a little more feedback on your roster Woosah, the face numbers work great now. I manually assigned ascending numbers for created players face from 1 to 30 and this reset all the created players and gave them the original faces I had created for them. So all the work I actually put into creating them in the first place was worth it! :).
I also never managed to get a hold of your last roster update which had the teams a player is currently assigned to. What an awesome feature that is. At this rate it will almost be time to finally actually play rugby 08, rather than just modify it!!!

Yeah I added that feature in just for you, I thought you might like to see that some of the players arnt assigned to a team and that you might like to edit those players.

I also might have found the "real face" optioin. But i wont release that until i have it working and i am sure it is going.

not sure exactly what it did last time either :)

Just for me? Well shucks, I'm flattered :p It is a great feature for editing though, particularly with all the super players that are now going overseas, it makes it easy to see which ones are playing for multiple clubs.
Great news on those faces, as happy as I was to see my created faces weren't lost, I won't be sad to consign them to oblivion if real ones are available, they are just so butt ugly and it looks like you have a team of mutants on the field. I shall be watching this thread eagerly for your next update.

Latest posts