• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 on PC

M

MunsterMan

I'm thinking about getting rugby 08 on PC, usually I wouldn't as there is no multi player but my friend has it on PS2 so i can play against him and my other mates their anyway :p .

Apart from that the main reason I would get PC over PS2 is for Woosaah's editor (which I know nothing about) as the roster in 08 quite frankly sucks.

Is there any bugs i should know about before buying it? Are the controls easy to get used to?

Appreciate the help guys, thanks.

The pc version is heaps better but it also has alot of bugs if more than Ps2. But with Woosahs editor it makes it so much better and people are continuously modding so its mostly up to date with better rosters and stats.

The controls are just the same but the only downside is if you use a joypad you have to configure the buttons properly because default settings are wrong.

I recommend getting it on Pc because I have it on Ps2 too but don't really play it unless I'm playing 2 players.

The pc version is heaps better but it also has alot of bugs if more than Ps2. .

[/b]
How can the PC version be better than the PS2 version if the PC version has more bugs than the PS2? :bleh!:

Pc versions heaps better because of all the mods on this forum. With the Ps2 version you have to put up with all the mistakes Ea have made with rosters, stats and bugs whereas with Pc version you can mod it to suit you taste.

One of the biggest knocks on Rugby 08 has been the rosters. I felt that because of the limited dev time spent on the ***le and the release date, that the rosters were going to suffer immeasurably. Many of the players listed on a lot of the teams were severely outdated and no real effort was made to set that right, in my opinion.

Overally, I really like the PC version over the PlayStation 2 version although, in truth, they are ports of the exact same game. I'm not really sure what bugs people have encountered; aside from the rosters and player images, I haven't had any issues with the game and how it works. That said, I'll admit I'm new to the sport so rules changes or interpretations are still missed by me although I now am able to tell how the different leagues operate. :)

I would recommend the PC game to anyone who can get it; I am lucky to have been able to get the PC version although I live in the US through a friend who works at EA (unfortunately, he's not there any more). I am curious now to see what the other Rugby ***les look like that have been made by other companies just to see the differences and I would also like to see online play for this game at some point.

One other thing I didn't have a problem with was multiplayer with the PC version of the game. I have two Dual Action game pads and both activated to play version each other. Maybe it's something that needs a look but I don't recall ever having an issue with getting that to work.

2 players works fine if your playing against eachother but if you want to play co-op thats when things start going miserably wrong. When I 1st got Rugby 08 me because me and my brother play it alot we tried co-op but whenever I tried to pass it to him the ball always gets thrown to the ground.

I'm not sure if this bug may have been fixed but it does need looking into.

I bought it on ebay (20 pounds sterling delivered). Let's hope it go's OK, i am pretty **** with computers so get ready to be asked lots of stupid questions when I f*** up trying to use the editor. :p

Latest posts