• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Patch Team

give me a chance mate, its just in testing. i dont want to put it out to the public and then get 20 PMs telling me something isnt working.

trying to get it working before anyone touches it first.

You sir will be on my christmas card list !!! many thanks in advance for what I am sure will be exactly what is required by this humble pc rugby player to fully enjoy his gaming !!!

P.S Go the ALL BLACKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet mate that will be appreciated, finally i can start to fix theese stupid rosters!

Hi all, well just to alleviate some of that annoyance over the craptastic rosters for Rugby 08, I have done a few updates so people can at least have something resembling accurate rosters while they wait on the final release of Woosah's roster editor.

This update includes:

Accurate world cup squads for South Africa, Australia, NZ, France and England.
Up to date squads for the Jnr ABs and Australia A.
Tweaks to the super 14 squads (work in progress)

Partial updates to the Samoan and Fijian squads and renaming of several players with their real names and proper commentary names.

Multiple name fixes and proper commentary assignment for a large number of players.

Multiple positional fixes for a large number of players.

I have not fiddled with the stats apart from glaringly obvious cases. The 2 players whose stats I have changed are:
Lachlan Turner(Australia) and BJ Botha(SAF)
Everyone has their own idea of what stats a player should have, so I have left them unaltered so people can change them to their liking when Woosah releases his roster editor.

At this point in time I am unable to change the players faces, skin colour, and other details.

Well that's about it, here's the roster update:
As always it can also be found in my signature as well.
Just extract the contents to your "EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08" folder located in your My documents folder.(Default location)

Enjoy. :)

Standard Disclaimer: While the file has been tested without encountering any problems, I can't be held responsible for any problems that may occur from using the roster file, so use it at your own risk.

Hi all, well just to alleviate some of that annoyance over the craptastic rosters for Rugby 08, I have done a few updates so people can at least have something resembling accurate rosters while they wait on the final release of Woosah's roster editor.

This update includes:

Partial updates to the Samoan and Fijian squads and renaming of several players with their real names and proper commentary names.

Multiple name fixes and proper commentary assignment for a large number of players.

I have not fiddled with the stats apart from glaringly obvious cases. The 2 players whose stats I have changed are:
Everyone has their own idea of what stats a player should have, so I have left them unaltered so people can change them to their liking when Woosah releases his roster editor.

At this point in time I am unable to change the players faces, skin colour, and other details.

Just extract the contents to your "EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08" folder located in your My documents folder.(Default location)

Standard Disclaimer: While the file has been tested without encountering any problems, I can't be held responsible for any problems that may occur from using the roster file, so use it at your own risk.
[/b]

special thanx bru this works.
can u change Gio Aplno(Stormers) and Philip Burger(Cheethas) speed to plz.both of them is above 90.Philip way above, like 97

This update includes:

Just extract the contents to your "EA SPORTSâ"¢ Rugby 08" folder located in your My documents folder.(Default location)

Thank you ozzy it is great :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

woosaah can u plz just tell me how to edit Gio Aplon's speed?or any1 else?plz just the one guy.
will appreciate.
hope to get a reply of you guys....
peace

The overall rating is the average of the postion's main stats.

Prop
Tackling, Strength, Rucking, Scrummaging
Hooker
Tackling, Strength, Rucking, Scrummaging, Hooking
Lock
Tackling, Strength, Rucking, Scrummaging, Lineout
Flanker
Tackling, Strength, Rucking
Number 8
Tackling, Strength, Rucking
Scrumhalf
Tackling, Handling, Passing
Flyhalf
Handling, Passing, Kicking
Wing
Speed, Acceleration, Agility
Centre
Handling, Passing
Fullback
Speed, Acceleration, Handling, Kicking

Each special ability adds 1 to the overal rating (except for the unknowns and injury resistance) and a star player has an extra 6 added to their overall rating. The players rating only counts for their main position.

In the case of a decimal place if they have no special abilities the overall is rounded up if .5 or above. if .4 or below it goes down. If they have 3 special abilities like Conrad, one special ability would count as .5 to make it a whole number and the other 2 abilities count as +2 so his rating is 96.
[/b]
I think that the highlighted element is not correct. To get the right results it is necessary to round down all fractional parts (ie even 88.9 rounds down to 88) and add 1 for each special value.

If you think of this from a programmer's point of view this is much simpler because it involves only integer arithmetic. The suggested algorithm is a little complicated to code (as I discovered when I coded it into my editor).

I haven't tested it across the entire set of players but the alternative seems correct for Argentina, Australia and Scotland. It can create some curiosities: Matt Giteau's calculated rating is 93 as a scrum-half (his first-choice position in Rugby 08), 96 as a stand-off and 98 as a centre. But in his case it hardly seems to matter!

In practice I doubt this calculated value makes any difference to the game-play.

Hugh Kernohan

Alrightey here's the latest 2008 roster update. Changes in this version are:

Even more players have corrected positions and names.
Team lineups have been tweaked, Wales and Argentina lineups have been updated, but still include players who are out of the WC like G.Henson as it makes for more challenging gameplay.
Other major change is stat tweaking, mainly for SH players.
Sharks midfield and wing have received a lot of changes. Their grisly forward pack has been tweaked and the stats attempt to make the team a harder nut to crack defensive wise.
Lot of other players have received tweaks like:

G.Aplon, P.Burger, N.Evans, P.Grant,C.Hayman, T.Woodcock, N.Tialata, J.Schwalger, C.Sheperd, L.Turner, O.Ndungane, B.Barritt, W.Murray, S.Lauaki, A. Ashley-Cooper, Rockocko, Sivivatu, Howlett, Kankowski, Skinstad blah blah blah, the list goes on.

Anyway here's the link:

http://www.badongo.com/file/3918051

Enjoy.

Alrightey here's the latest 2008 roster update. Changes in this version are:

Even more players have corrected positions and names.
Team lineups have been tweaked, Wales and Argentina lineups have been updated, but still include players who are out of the WC like G.Henson as it makes for more challenging gameplay.
Other major change is stat tweaking, mainly for SH players.
Sharks midfield and wing have received a lot of changes. Their grisly forward pack has been tweaked and the stats attempt to make the team a harder nut to crack defensive wise.
Lot of other players have received tweaks like:

G.Aplon, P.Burger, N.Evans, P.Grant,C.Hayman, T.Woodcock, N.Tialata, J.Schwalger, C.Sheperd, L.Turner, O.Ndungane, B.Barritt, W.Murray, S.Lauaki, A. Ashley-Cooper, Rockocko, Sivivatu, Howlett, Kankowski, Skinstad blah blah blah, the list goes on.

Anyway here's the link:

http://www.badongo.com/file/3918051

Enjoy.
[/b]

ozzy man my update is only available for 25 days.can't you make it free?

erm like I said in the other thread, not sure what you mean, care to expand.....???

i believe he thinks the roster wont work after 25 days

penry

on the badongo site it says inactive files deleted after 25 days for non members of badongo
this means if no one downloads it in those 25 days it will be removed from their site

the roster itself wont discontinue to work

hey ozz how did you edit the rosters the only way i can do it is by editing the txt file extracted from data.gob but as soon i inject the edited file back in my rugby08 crashes with error: playerdatabase version bad
help!

just a quick one... haven't checked yet as i'm at work, but has mat giteau been changed to a left footer?

can someone please edit james hilgendorf of the western force and make him able to play 5/8.(flyhalf) first five wat ever u kiwis call it. and is there any news on when a player editor is likely to come out. Keep up the awesome work guys.

Latest posts