• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 Patch Team

are you sure thats not the transparency, your talking about the team select kits aye
[/b]

I think it is. How do you deal with the aye file. That the transparent file?

"AYE" â€" NZ Slang used for emphasis at the end of a sentence, aye. Can be used as meaning "isn't it". (A similar but not identical usage is found in Canadian English). Possibly adapted by derivation from the Maori oral punctuitive syllable "e" (pronounced as the 'e' in "egg") eg "e hine e", "e tu", "tino pai e".

as for how to deal with the transparency issues if you cant grasp this google is your friend im not gonna type a huge essay on it when you can just google it.

out of curiosity what image editing program are you using

rockstar,

Get FSHed from nba-live.com, or NLSC. Google them.. and the sites will come up. Look in the downloads sections. They use the same programs for NBA Live as we do for EA Rugby, and there may be other programs to try.

Read my email message i sent you. It's how i edit bmps. I'm not an expert, but i know how to import bmp to into fsh with FSHed.

"AYE" â€" NZ Slang used for emphasis at the end of a sentence, aye. Can be used as meaning "isn't it". (A similar but not identical usage is found in Canadian English). Possibly adapted by derivation from the Maori oral punctuitive syllable "e" (pronounced as the 'e' in "egg") eg "e hine e", "e tu", "tino pai e".

as for how to deal with the transparency issues if you cant grasp this google is your friend im not gonna type a huge essay on it when you can just google it.

out of curiosity what image editing program are you using
[/b]

Obviously I'm googling everything...do you think I like asking u guys all these questions when I can figure it out by myself? Whats the forum for?

I'm using Dollphin, BigGui, FshEd and photoshop. But cant seem to get this to work.

Ok, you need to extract the relevant fsh file from data.gob and open it in fshed. Then you can extract it to photoshop, but just take a screenshot and then copy and paste in photoshop.

A quick edit later, graphic is done and then save as jpeg. For some reason my photoshop bmps do not come up in fshed, so i open up the jpeg in MS paint and save as bmp there.

All you have left to do after that is find the fsh file you extracted, open up fshed to import the bmp to make the new one. Then save it., and save directly over the file you have in fshed. It will come up with a message saying 'save anyway' and then if you re-open the file, your bmp is then imported successfully.

Then just copy the edited fsh file into rugby 06 or 08 directory and load the game. It should work.

I have no clue as to make transparent images, i can't seem to grasp that, so if it is transparent images you want (i dont think you do, but you get them anyway) i can't help.

Appreciate you looking for this stuff, but a lot of folk who come here and other forums i go on just ask and don't really make any effort to try before they ask. Sorry if i got you confused.

Ok, you need to extract the relevant fsh file from data.gob and open it in fshed. Then you can extract it to photoshop, but just take a screenshot and then copy and paste in photoshop.

A quick edit later, graphic is done and then save as jpeg. For some reason my photoshop bmps do not come up in fshed, so i open up the jpeg in MS paint and save as bmp there.

All you have left to do after that is find the fsh file you extracted, open up fshed to import the bmp to make the new one. Then save it., and save directly over the file you have in fshed. It will come up with a message saying 'save anyway' and then if you re-open the file, your bmp is then imported successfully.

Then just copy the edited fsh file into rugby 06 or 08 directory and load the game. It should work.

I have no clue as to make transparent images, i can't seem to grasp that, so if it is transparent images you want (i dont think you do, but you get them anyway) i can't help.

Appreciate you looking for this stuff, but a lot of folk who come here and other forums i go on just ask and don't really make any effort to try before they ask. Sorry if i got you confused.
[/b]

You did get me confused.

Anyway thanks for the help Fa'atau82, I will give it a try and pray it works the same as Rugby 06.....because I'm trying to edit Rugby 08....and it has a transparent effect, If it never had a transparent effect I wouldn't be hassling you guys so much.

TEAM SELECT MINIKITS

copy the fsh file somewhere safe
opened up the fsh file with fshed

exported as a 32bit bmp (make sure in the save as you put a file name in this samoa.bmp including the .bmp part)

note you could export as 24 bit + the alpha but i find the alpha isnt very "clean" and makes it blocky which sucks coz it takes longer

open that up in photoshop
duplicate the background layer
using the lasso tool highlight the kit only
copy & paste
lasso the logo part and copy and paste

toggle the visibility on every thing else leaving the kit and the logo
you could replace the fake logo with the actual one so do whatever

you must make sure the background is transparent

select the kit layer and either doule click it or right click/blending options to get to the layer style
give it a white outer glow to your liking mine was 51% opacity size 16 then ok

select the logo and change the opacity to about 35%

make whatever changes you want to the kit logos sponsers etc

file/save as whatever you wanna call it ie samoarightaway.png

now as long as youve got all the plugins for fshed you should be right
in the original file you opened go tools/graphic importer/open change the file type to png locate your saved png ie samoarightaway.png open it and the press update now file and save

now locate the now saved fsh file copy and paste that into the main install directory usually C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08

and load up the game

i realise its good to help others and i do its just personally i use trial and error to teach myself these things it took me weeks and hell i still suck :)

hope this helps
its now 12.35 am and im moving to australia on monday thats why i havent been that helpfull, busy busy busy.

TEAM SELECT MINIKITS

exported as a 32bit bmp (make sure in the save as you put a file name in this samoa.bmp including the .bmp part)

note you could export as 24 bit + the alpha but i find the alpha isnt very "clean" and makes it blocky which sucks coz it takes longer

copy & paste

select the kit layer and either doule click it or right click/blending options to get to the layer style

in the original file you opened go tools/graphic importer/open change the file type to png locate your saved png ie samoarightaway.png open it and the press update now file and save

now locate the now saved fsh file copy and paste that into the main install directory usually C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS™ Rugby 08

and load up the game

i realise its good to help others and i do its just personally i use trial and error to teach myself these things it took me weeks and hell i still suck :)

hope this helps
its now 12.35 am and im moving to australia on monday thats why i havent been that helpfull, busy busy busy.
[/b]

Thanks very very much EVOL! I will give it another shot! Really appreciate you posting a whole step by step guide there.

Good luck with the move...you're so lucky to be moving to Australia..its rocks there! I'm also trying to get over there prob in the next 3 years.

Thanks Again!

Dying for this to be released, good luck guys, with 08 you've got a lot of work on your hands.

TEAM SELECT MINIKITS

copy & paste

and load up the game

hope this helps
[/b]

haha so evol you be going for wallabies or ab's in world cup now?

Hi guys I got a question and I believe I can offer some minimal help,
My question is after downloading Ozzy's roster(BTW great work) and making some personal changes with woosah's editor(also great work) The players edited are not different from the old ones in the world league in other words they their stats are still default from EA.

The help I can offer is I can update the SA super 14 franchises players with the current currie cup players if I get the thumbs up(I will be using Ozzy's roster as a base if it is ok with him)

Cheetahs-Cheetahs
Stormers-western province
Sharks-Natal Sharks
Lions-Golden Lions

Sounds good Commander Jaco, will you be able to but "The Beast" in the Natal Sharks?

So will oyu just replace the Super 14 teams with Currie Cup teams and put them into another tournament?

Sounds good Commander Jaco, will you be able to but "The Beast" in the Natal Sharks?

So will oyu just replace the Super 14 teams with Currie Cup teams and put them into another tournament?
[/b]

i was thinking about doing the npc replacng the guiness prem teams but that would be too much work lol
but good idea and to com jaco, woosahs editor lets you edit the players but not the world league players so in world league there will still be j.lamo and r.baucaucauni and so on although the edited players are still there.

Yeah it's a matter of creating an exporting an .rdf file to set the default roster to your edited roster. It was implemented in Woosah's 06 roster editor and worked a treat.

The thing is I wont be able to create a currie cup tournament, sadly, but I can only edit the teams and a few players to the current currie cup squads and of course make the players a lot better I mean Frans steyn WTF? I am Afraid I have little knowledge of non SA players and only a little of Tri-nations the northern hemisphere teams I know very little about.

The thing is I wont be able to create a currie cup tournament, sadly, but I can only edit the teams and a few players to the current currie cup squads and of course make the players a lot better I mean Frans steyn WTF? I am Afraid I have little knowledge of non SA players and only a little of Tri-nations the northern hemisphere teams I know very little about.
[/b]

Go for it Commander Jaco any addition is welcome!

hi does anyone no the .xml file i need to edit stadium names, and team names?
i found all the stadiums in dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.xml, but when i change the names and go back onto rugby 08, its still for instance west glamorgan insted of the gnoll? cheers

i found all the stadiums in dc371d84ed78d4cf88a641a8d8abc38a.xml, but when i change the names and go back onto rugby 08, its still for instance west glamorgan insted of the gnoll? cheers
[/b]
since this ive opened 28d3f14b5de7a6923f483cf00683fe1d.xml, and it has all the teams there + collage teams? tunisia,chilie, brive,BEZIERS,agen,viadana,army,navy,airforce,cornish pierates the collages perhaps to appeal to american market? as these are where they start rugby? with all these teams ea were obviouslly rushing to get it out as they never finsihed these teams? anyway when i change the names on there save and put it back in to data.gob it still doesnt change anything? am i in the right files? cheers

this is relevant because i was hoping then to make it avalible for download

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
since this ive opened 28d3f14b5de7a6923f483cf00683fe1d.xml, and it has all the teams there + collage teams? tunisia,chilie, brive,BEZIERS,agen,viadana,army,navy,airforce,cornish pierates the collages perhaps to appeal to american market? as these are where they start rugby? with all these teams ea were obviouslly rushing to get it out as they never finsihed these teams? anyway when i change the names on there save and put it back in to data.gob it still doesnt change anything? am i in the right files? cheers

this is relevant because i was hoping then to make it avalible for download
[/b][/quote]

i dont think rugby08 is using that file at all i rekon that was a file from when they copied rugby06 and just left out those features

Latest posts