• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I really hope they don't prove me wrong! Obviously the gameplay is the most important part of the release...but paying £40-50 for those graphics is shocking.

A positive thought though, is that a Munster shirt in the 2nd pic? Could mean the Pro 12 is in it for definite? Or has that been confirmed?

A positive thought though, is that a Munster shirt in the 2nd pic? Could mean the Pro 12 is in it for definite? Or has that been confirmed?

Definitely a Munster jersey, don't think the Pro 12's been officially confirmed though. If Conor Murray looks like that he'll be ******. Hopefully we don't end up with anymore black Stephen Ferris' but a game where the developers actually even looked at photos of players they're putting in the game.

I remember the first pic from RWC 2011 VERY WELL and it looked absolutely appalling. It almost looked like Jonah Lomu rugby on the PS1. Needless to say, the final product looked a lot better, although not even close to what it should have been.

Rest assured the final product won't look nearly as bad as those 2 screenshots suggest, but I can hardly fathom the idea of the game itself being great, or just good even. It'll probably just be RWC 2011 with more tournaments because that's what everyone hated about RWC 2011. They'll maybe add a handful of new player animations and such to have something to advertise about but that's about it.

I'm honestly not trying to be negative on purpose, I'm just keeping HB Studios' last effort, RWC 2011, in mind. I still can't believe how they completely screwed us over with that game.

The Pro12 has been confirmed for a long time now, since E3.

Has it? I thought only the English Premiership got announced at E3, plus nothing has come up here about it. Looks like it'll be in, should hopefully get announced soonish as sponsorship stuff has been sorted for the tournament.

It said pro 12 on the advertisement picture but it wasnt the proper logo, that was at e3

Apology, it is the old logo, not Guinness one

Attachments

• 1405551066049.jpg
    1405551066049.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 43
They used the RaboDirect logo because there wasn't another one available, it served as a placeholder, if it's not licensed then they're in a serious breach.

So from the screenshots we have seen here's what i have found.

Under garments both shorts and sleeves
Sweat bands/Wristbands both black and white.
Hand Strapping
Lifting pads and lifting strapping
Gloves
No Head gear
No Head tape
No wrist tape
No Ref
Only 1 sock length (game breaker for some folk)
Only 3 players in the ruck
Player depth looks good, far better than RC. I presume the blue team had the ball before 9 red stole it.
Players are still really bunched (need to space the players a bit further apart)
Turnovers(jackling/pilfering)
Decent looking box kick (something RC was missing)
If that's the side view camera angle then it looks far better than any other rugby game i've seen.
Nothing seems to be going on at the ruck between the players. I know the ball is out and and that there are only backs in the breakdown for the red team but some sort of clean out would be nice.
body size of the forwards looks a bit too small going by the looks of the scrum screenshot.

I know a lot of things like head gear and things will probably make it into the game i was just noting the things that cant and can bee seen in these pictures.

cheers guys

Wait, sock length is gamebreaker???

People won't buy it unless they have full control over sock length?!

That is correct, they are the same people that have to turn each light on and off 10 times before they leave or enter a room!

This is supposedly a next gen ***le, yet the graphics look the same as 08, which came out 7 years ago and two consoles ago.

Hell, ios/android games look pretty similar to this garbage
photo_3.jpg

This one definitely isn't a screenshot of the Rugby 15, its one of the Rugby Nations 13 game for iOS/Android. Its the second image that comes up when you image search Rugby Nations 13.

Oh, it seemed like you were saying that its from the game, not comparing it to that game. My bad.

He's refering to when RC2 was released, and how the inability of change players sock length and people moaning about it caused a bit of a stir over on the Sidhe forums. It kinda went a little bit overboard

Last edited:

Latest posts