• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Does anyone know where an American might be able to buy it after release? Obviously online as no one will be carrying it here

Can't we just find out if there's a career mode already!!!

Last edited:
I notice the Guinness Pro12 logo isn't at the bottom with the French/Aviva ones. Wonder if they're not in the game anymore?

I learned after 2011 not to get excited about rugby games. RWC and RC were a complete waste of money, and I didn't fork out for RC2 and won't for this unless it gets exceptional reviews.

I learned after 2011 not to get excited about rugby games. RWC and RC were a complete waste of money, and I didn't fork out for RC2 and won't for this unless it gets exceptional reviews.

Heard from those that bought it RC2 was basically a reskin of RC1, with one or two incredibly minor tweaks.

Rugby Challenge 2 was headed in the right direction I feel they would of got it right with a few more goes. foward hit ups off the ruck, pilfering, control over players hitting the rucks. The only problem was positional allignment with attacking patterns feeling a little out of control at times, But the graphics, the feel and look of your player as You broke tackles and scored tries felt better than anything HB released. Was hoping Sidhe would of continued to make Rugby games because it felt as if they were closer to releasing a more complete rugby game then HB ever has without EA.

Rugby Challenge 2 was headed in the right direction I feel they would of got it right with a few more goes. foward hit ups off the ruck, pilfering, control over players hitting the rucks. The only problem was positional allignment with attacking patterns feeling a little out of control at times, But the graphics, the feel and look of your player as You broke tackles and scored tries felt better than anything HB released. Was hoping Sidhe would of continued to make Rugby games because it felt as if they were closer to releasing a more complete rugby game then HB ever has without EA.

May work for some, but I am not going to buy a new game every year for little tweaks, in hopes of a workable game in a decade.

This is spot on. RC2 is still very fun, i just cant handle playing it on anything above hard level as the AI passing etc is just not even realistic and gets very frustrating. I still enjoy the game alot and the more i play it the more i understand the tactics, rucks etc and the more i enjoy it. If you ever see it for sale for cheap, buy it, i got a copy the other week for $25nz. I know on the face of it people will say its just rc1 with a couple of added features but there is more to it, alot more depth to the game than any other rugby game and in my opinion sidhe were heading in the right direction.

I notice the Guinness Pro12 logo isn't at the bottom with the French/Aviva ones. Wonder if they're not in the game anymore?

There will be as @rugbythegame the twitter page has just followed guinness pro 12 twitter page!

There will be as @rugbythegame the twitter page has just followed guinness pro 12 twitter page!
That doesn't really mean anything, but I'm sure the deal with Pro12 is long closed and whatever delay they have annonuncing it is related to Guinness in some way. Pretty sure they can't sell the game with Guinness sponsorship in France.

I hold little hope for a good game here. I do feel that it having gone so quiet is not a good sign.

Pretty sure they can't sell the game with Guinness sponsorship in France.
That's a very good point, actually.
Not sure about the rules regarding Alcohol Sponsorship within the game itself, but I imagine they can't have the Guinness logo on the cover/posters.

halo gents. I might be stating the obvious here but morne steyn, bryan habana and wynand olivier (not that I think he is worthy of this ***le) is on the cover of the south african release. So there will be no licenced south african sides except saracens (owned by saffas haha)

halo gents. I might be stating the obvious here but morne steyn, bryan habana and wynand olivier (not that I think he is worthy of this ***le) is on the cover of the south african release. So there will be no licenced south african sides except saracens (owned by saffas haha)

Can you provide the link that shows this?? I haven't seen anything official on any worthy South African website to state this.

Also, I think that if it were true, then it's probably because those 3 players are all based in France at the moment, and this game is made in France, so it would make sense that they could be on the cover...

EDIT: I found it on Kalahari.com. Local online shopping site...

49241518_0_Img2.jpg

Last edited:
Can you provide the link that shows this?? I haven't seen anything official on any worthy South African website to state this.

Also, I think that if it were true, then it's probably because those 3 players are all based in France at the moment, and this game is made in France, so it would make sense that they could be on the cover...

EDIT: I found it on Kalahari.com. Local online shopping site...
I mean it is not 100% that they wouldn't be licensed in the game, but it has no reason that the game is being published by a french company, it is just that the three players are all from the top 14, and there would have been better options from the super rugby but there might be no licensing for the south african super rugby teams

Latest posts