• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Interesting.

It doesn't mention anything other than Top 14 and Pro D2, so you'd imagine that there's no RWC, no Premiership, Rabo or Super Rugby teams/players.
I'll probably pick it up, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit.

Hopefully, however unlikely, they add to the licencing. A fully functioning NH career would have the most longevity to it but that is unlikely to ever happen! I'll get it though, taking a pro D2 team to the top 14 will be decent craic.

I'll buy it, but mostly just because I'm still playing RWC11 (I held out to win 15-10 as Canada against the Wallabies just a few hours ago) and, you know what? The formula they've got going is fun. I'm up for having more to do within it.

I'll try and keep my hopes low but as usual I'll probably expect more than I'll get.

Will it be worse than Rwc2011? Most awkward feeling controls and gameplay of any sports game I've played.
I think HB gave up on RWC11 once it was released, hope they follow through this time.

I just hope bits not a half arsed game like their last one was. Only a few teams actually liscenced, no longevity to gameplay and rubbish editing features.

No company seems to really know what the public really want!

Will it be worse than Rwc2011? Most awkward feeling controls and gameplay of any sports game I've played.
I think HB gave up on RWC11 once it was released, hope they follow through this time.

I really didn't think the gameplay was THAT bad, wide play was fairly difficult but I felt the basic controls were fairly intuitive, Rugby Challenge had a control scheme I liked far less.

It just felt sluggish. The only thing I could do in the backs was run straight, or a cut and paste sidestep. R08 I could better run angles, and use the fullback to a great effect. RC failed in this regard too.

It just felt sluggish. The only thing I could do in the backs was run straight, or a cut and paste sidestep. R08 I could better run angles, and use the fullback to a great effect. RC failed in this regard too.

Yeah thats a good point 06,08 the running seemed to work well. I had to laugh at some of the online 2011 games I had where opponents would take a fast back get the ball to him and run zig zags in their own end waiting for a break in my line. I would message them asking if they actually wanted to play rugby or just the game, if latter I wasn't interested.

I never played online, but that would be a pain. I found that passing solely to forwards and sidestepping was most effective. If a back managed a break, it would be a turnover.

This is great news, I think if HB are committed to this we will get a good game.

Rugby 08 was objectively a good game, especially so considering How far they had come since rugby 04 which hardly resembled rugby. The shame is that 6 years on, the gameplay in rugby challenge and rwc 2011 has arguably gone backwards from where rugby 08 got to.

Also rugby 08 had a pretty good stab at a career mode (unlike rugby challenge) so If they can improve on that to any degree I'll be happy.

EDIT: just remembered Rwc 2011 by hb was originally called something more generic like rugby 2012... Until they cashed in on the world cup. Bets on that happening again and this being called RWC 2015? I hope not

Last edited:
i'd love if there is a ultimate team thing for this that be awesome

Well obviously what they can deliver on a small budget is limited. It's sort of a catch 22 for rugby game developers; they can't make a really good product without proving to publishers that the market's there, and the market won't go for a game that isn't pretty good.

Makes sense that they've pumped what ever funds they have for licensing into the Top 14. France is currently the biggest rugby market, so hopefully they'll be able to wring a bit of cash out of the frogs.

Anyone know anything about bigben? They don't exactly seem like a major player.

As Sidhe had the French license I assume these guys can secure more of the contracts they had. The South African license would be a big coup for them. I'll buy it anyway, anyone to support people willing to make a rugby game. The fact that these guys are going next gen so soon after release means they're well funded. That was an issue I think Sidhe had. I would much rather one company get all the licenses than two groups only managing to get a few each.

i hope most the international teams have licence the likes of fiji and samoa and the all blacks still do the haka so i want to see that when you play the fijian or samoan they do they're haka too

More international teams such as Hong Kong please :)
Btw, any news about Rugby Challenge 3 from developer Sidhe of New Zealand?

Latest posts