• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

I can't see HB or whoever investing the money into these licenses if they couldn't get them all. At least I hope so.

Honestly, on the Super Rugby front, Bigben is new in the publishing front (Their only prior games were Handball sims, they're known for releasing peripherals) and you can tell- The whole media campaign has been dealt with very shodily, unlike both Tru Blu and wiley old campaigners 505 Games. It's possible they've just messed up the announcement and will unveil it at the last moment. Note they initially only announced the French licenses, but within a week their PR was telling me they had the Premiership, and the moment they announce the Premiership the devs themselves leak the Pro12. It's haphazard and possible they've just slipped up once more.

E3 is now over, and judging by the news from it, one picture of a poster taken by themselves, I'll say that the ***le is still pretty early in development and that if it was shown to someone it was to credited press people who won't leak anything or to potential investors or partners in other areas. If they wanted to get attention they would've made more noise.

It's all been pretty **** poor so far in terms of publicity to be honest... it's a sad reflection on just how niche the game is in real terms that it can't muster the market strength for their to be a serious effort at making rugby games in the way they do with other sports.

E3 is now over, and judging by the news from it, one picture of a poster taken by themselves, I'll say that the ***le is still pretty early in development and that if it was shown to someone it was to credited press people who won't leak anything or to potential investors or partners in other areas. If they wanted to get attention they would've made more noise.

The Game can't be early in development in comes out in 5 months, they should have solid build of the game already. If they aren't showing it, Most likely means it looks like a pile of dog crap.

Pretty early in development doesn't exclude a solid build, I think it's still in alpha phase, meaning not all planned features have been implemented, and it might include licensed assets which are not done deals yet. That's why they have the games on private showings and only to credited people, so sensitive information doesn't leak. It happened to Tru Blu and RC in their France showings and it was a huge mess. These are all assumptions obviously, we don't know of anyone who has even walked near the Bigben booth.

Squeeze out a game before the world cup to refine gameplay and have better license negotiating standings for the world cup game?

ImageUploadedByRugby Forum1402648149.389874.jpg

I can't find the source of this statement but I don't think anyone thought that was THE box art.. Just a poster. Has anyone seen any post E3 comments from HB or BigBen?

That would also answer my previous post.. They went to E3 to announce the Aviva premiership news - no wonder no one was interested. Probably didn't know what the hell it was!

Waw, really??? All that way to go, heres some teams that we will have in the game...... Disappointing but holding hope that something will come this weekend. Even a screenshot will do . But ill be patient

6 nations, AB's and maybe Champions Cup should be their main targets next. They're the biggest brands and markets.

Super rugby and RC is a bit complicated me thinks because it falls under the umbrella of Sanzar. So if just one of the sanzar nations refuse then you can't get the licenses. They're not really big in the market either tbh.

6 nations, AB's and maybe Champions Cup should be their main targets next. They're the biggest brands and markets.

Super rugby and RC is a bit complicated me thinks because it falls under the umbrella of Sanzar. So if just one of the sanzar nations refuse then you can't get the licenses. They're not really big in the market either tbh.

I dunno, Rugby Challenge managed it by getting 2/3 of the SANZAR nations plus their Super Rugby teams, but not SA . So not impossible if you can't get all 3 of them.

Sorry should have worded better. Last time they didn't get the rugby championship or Super rugby competition licenses though which is my point. The teams by themselves are pretty useless

Edit:
You do have a point though. There is a way around it.

Last edited:
I don't think the marketing in any way reflects the state the game's at, the two companies are seperate, and I just feel Bigben are doing a botch job of it.

The profesionnals can play Rugby 15 at E3, the proof :
http://www.xboxygen.com/Medias/Videos/17706-E3-2014-nos-impressions-de-la-troisieme-journee

But there aren't some previews about the game

There was something up on You tube but it got taken down, I am thinking because it may have showed teams that have not been confirmed yet? Sort of like what happened with Rugby Challenge when a French journalist posted things they were not supposed to and they took it down. But It was the first game play video that leaked out, I remember Sidhe or Tru Blu where jumping through hoops to try and cover it up:) Funny now, but not so funny then for the developers. I had gotten a pretty good glimpse of the video because I lived in western part of world when it was released, by they time the other side of the world woke up to realize the video was up and they had to take it down , I had already watched it like 15 times. Unfortunately did not get this one on time:)
Rugby 15 at E3 Meeting 2014

Cheers and Salud

There was something up on You tube but it got taken down, I am thinking because it may have showed teams that have not been confirmed yet? Sort of like what happened with Rugby Challenge when a French journalist posted things they were not supposed to and they took it down. But It was the first game play video that leaked out, I remember Sidhe or Tru Blu where jumping through hoops to try and cover it up:) Funny now, but not so funny then for the developers. I had gotten a pretty good glimpse of the video because I lived in western part of world when it was released, by they time the other side of the world woke up to realize the video was up and they had to take it down , I had already watched it like 15 times. Unfortunately did not get this one on time:)
Rugby 15 at E3 Meeting 2014

Cheers and Salud

It was me who post in first this video of JLRC !

Lion, that video was massively fake, it was RC2 images.
Satan, can you check that french video posted above and translate if they say anything we might be interested in?

So what's happening ? I have also created some rugby ultimate team cards

Latest posts