• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

They pretty much just had a poster up, and then (apparently) showed some stuff behind closed doors to the press.

We all need someone to make the journey to gamescom this year and try get the inside scoop on this game.

No point, no one will get credited. Chill down, they where at E3 and they showed the game to the press too. It's not that they're scared, if they where they wouldn't show it to those who have a voice in the business.

awesome news about the new game, would love to see some mud in this one, or any of the things that they asked us for last time...i seem to remember some brilliant debate form us on here about the things that should be included (which they had asked us for if i remember?) which were then thoroughly ignored, and they ended up with 2011...

still excited for this new game though, might be my last chance to see london irish in a game, unless they start licencing the championship!!

This is all familiar, and concerning, for anyone who has anticipated rugby games in the past. It's not a lucrative prospect commercially, so the burden is basically shifted around to teams of under-funded developers/publishers and don't have the clout to make or market a playable, polished, replayable game.
EA had started to get somewhere by the time Rugby 08' came around, but it's been slim pickings since. Rugby Challenge is soild enough but I felt like I'd seen everything the game had to offer after maybe 2 hours of play; ultimately not good enough.
I don't give a poo about comprehensive licensing/editing/career modes if the game doesn't have playability and polish in the first instance.
If those screenshots are genuine, then we're in trouble, because they look truly awful. Look at the level of graphical detail and presentational brilliance already possible on this generation in NBA2k series, MLB: The SHOW, FIFA, Madden etc. We shouldn't expect a rugby game to reach these heights, but it should look slick and the physics should be satisying. I won't be forking out otherwise.

Wow. That's a month+ (Considering how long we've known about the game, a significant proportion) delay too. Currentl signs are not good, though hopefully that month gives them all the time they need to pull things around.

How credible are these reports?? And why are only the french sites posting anything about this game???

I haven't seen anything from a credible gaming website about this game after E3, and who really trusts the French??

Is strange how it's only being reported on French sites - though from what I remember from RWC2011 all of their image/info releases went on here and then on French news sites.
Maybe they really want to target french fans, or maybe it costs to get into magazines/the media and it's cheaper to do it in France? Does seem a little strange to have no English-language press releases considering they should be advertising it like f**k in the UK/Aus/NZ/RSA if they want a return on their investment.

Is strange how it's only being reported on French sites - though from what I remember from RWC2011 all of their image/info releases went on here and then on French news sites.
Maybe they really want to target french fans, or maybe it costs to get into magazines/the media and it's cheaper to do it in France? Does seem a little strange to have no English-language press releases considering they should be advertising it like f**k in the UK/Aus/NZ/RSA if they want a return on their investment.

Exactly, let's take IGN for instance. They have their own South African site now, focusing only on games the SA gamers want. it's mostly the same as around the world but there is still a big following of all the types of sports games. They even sent 4 South African gaming journos to E3 this year to give us Saffas a more local vibe about E3, and not even they have written a report or even said a single word about this game.

I think it's a myth, and I will continue to think so until proven otherwise.

Bigben is a French company if I'm not mistaken, which is probably why most of the news is coming out of France

Boys, I have been chatting with the official rugby 15 twitter user and they say that nothing is officially announced from bigben, in my opinion it would sound like a valid release date but would be awful timing because numerous games such as call of duty coming out around the time, just need to wait until gamescom where they will most likely announce the official release date!

The majority of sales for both Rugby Challenge's come from France and that was with pretty much no promotion there.

If i'm not mistaken the LNR had direct input in getting this in motion, not sure how accurate it is but wouldn't surprise me.

I think this might be a smart approach from them, also seeing that the publishers are a French company. Forget about the Sanzar nations. Just release and their rugby fans will buy it, there aren't too much of them in terms of numbers tbh.

Uk and Ireland, well we're a fickle bunch and whingers...

id take rugby 04 with updated rosters to be honest. hours of solid defending and never getting the ball, good times.

So this is vaporware now?

Weird, I also haven't seen IGN AU cover anything about it.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was November 2015 and not this year. I also don't understand the lack of media this game is getting the new call of duty is due out around about the same time as "rugby 15" and they started showing trailers a couple months back. Yes they have a lot more money to play with but surely it doesn't take much to do a trailer or some gameplay with this game.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be suprised if it was November 2015 and not this year. I also don't understand the lack of media this game is getting the new call of duty is due out around about the same time as "rugby 15" and they started showing trailers a couple months back. Yes they have a lot more money to play with but surely it doesn't take much to do a trailer or some gameplay with this game.

Considering Battlefield went running from Destiny, would you blame them if they decided to not go for that release window after all?

Latest posts