• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

To add some speculation ... RC2 was removed from the Steam Shop because a license or two had expired. Does this mean that the above about some Super 15 sides being licensed?

To add some speculation ... RC2 was removed from the Steam Shop because a license or two had expired. Does this mean that the above about some Super 15 sides being licensed?

That would be exciting - I'd love to see SR/All Blacks licensed. It's pretty much a must for me.

I think RC2 had Top 14, Aviva Premiership licensed etc (I'm fairly sure, but that said I did return the game after I found out I couldn't move players to different teams...) so it could just be RC2 getting moved as they don't have those licenses.

To add to the speculation: https://www.facebook.com/allblacksrugbychallengegame/posts/759435417454094
RC2 was removed over two months ago and I was under the impression it was related to the European licenses.
Anyway, either that FB page is getting on the R15 train and they're about to announce some sort of distribution deal for the region or they (in this case they is Tru Blu) are announcing something else rugby related which could be a ***le developed by Big Ant.
I contacted the FB page, they told me it's not RC3 which is consistent with what Sidhe told us that they won't be making another rugby ***le, but that it would make sense once they unveil the announcement.
Tru Blu should be the license holder for whatever licenses they got left, and it's not that weird that they use one of their FB pages, even if it's tied to another ***le, to spread the word since probably a lot of people in the region follow that page.

To add to the speculation: https://www.facebook.com/allblacksrugbychallengegame/posts/759435417454094
RC2 was removed over two months ago and I was under the impression it was related to the European licenses.
Anyway, either that FB page is getting on the R15 train and they're about to announce some sort of distribution deal for the region or they (in this case they is Tru Blu) are announcing something else rugby related which could be a ***le developed by Big Ant.
I contacted the FB page, they told me it's not RC3 which is consistent with what Sidhe told us that they won't be making another rugby ***le, but that it would make sense once they unveil the announcement.
Tru Blu should be the license holder for whatever licenses they got left, and it's not that weird that they use one of their FB pages, even if it's tied to another ***le, to spread the word since probably a lot of people in the region follow that page.

now we play the waiting game...again

I asked them this...this is the reply i got...

(myself)
Please can we have more news! Any more licenses?

(Rugby 15)
We still have some surprises to come soon. I cannot tell you more right now, so stay tuned

(myself)
Ok. Can you try and answer this question...is there a career mode in rugby 15? We hope so, forums are talking about it. Something similar to rugby08!

(Rugby 15)
I am sorry, I cannot tell you more about that right now. News will come as soon as possible on this facebook page.
Ok thanks.

I can't tell if it's promising or not that they haven't come outright and denied that there is/is not a career mode...

Just spoke to the GDE facebook page and asked,
Hey guys. Could you possibly drop a few more hints as to what this "Something BIG" that is "Coming soon" is? Or perhaps just tell us completely. I'm hoping is a new rugby ***le or something like that.
Cheers!!

They Replied,
Just a few more t's to cross and i's to dot, hopefully we can announce tomorrow or Monday.

A French language video has gone up on the Rugby 15 twitter feed, showing the French commentators recording for the game. There are short clips of gameplay footage. It looks dreadful.

jags.gif

Aforementioned video

is it just me or do the graphics look a lot better ? btw i really like the game-play especially the goal kicking now i'm looking forward to it

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely not going to spend the guts of 50 quid for this, which is a shame as I enjoy rugby games, but the thought of paying big money for a poor game is disappointing

In fairness, it does look different. It looks like the feel will be slightly less robust. Whether that'll be more satisfying to play or more realistic in touch remains to be seen.

It's simple, if it has a career mode I'll buy it, otherwise I'm not spending money on something I'll be bored of within a week.

Sidhe should just make a sevens game. I can't believe nobody's jumped on the opportunity, it'll be a sure hit.

if it atleast has an online mode or a career mode then i would buy this hands down even though im most likely going to buy this its like call of duty i'll say it looks bad but i'll still buy it one point

Hey all, I've had an eye on this thread for a while and the discussion is great :D

I've just realised...everyone is mentioning Sevens, but maybe that's "reserved" for the 2016 Olympics videogame? (I don't know, maybe, just maybe ;))

Having seen the new commentary trailer, I'll admit the game looks better than the initial trailer so I'd go so far as to say that I'm a little excited......and cautiously optimistic!

Latest posts