• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

This is spot on. RC2 is still very fun, i just cant handle playing it on anything above hard level as the AI passing etc is just not even realistic and gets very frustrating. I still enjoy the game alot and the more i play it the more i understand the tactics, rucks etc and the more i enjoy it. If you ever see it for sale for cheap, buy it, i got a copy the other week for $25nz. I know on the face of it people will say its just rc1 with a couple of added features but there is more to it, alot more depth to the game than any other rugby game and in my opinion sidhe were heading in the right direction.

My thoughts exactly, people who say RC2 is RC1 with minor tweaks must not have explored all the new features they have added. Actually, I think they tried to please so many with so many new features that some features they added were not as polished as they should have been. RC2 had many more new features added then any sports ***le to date. I think some people just didn't bother trying to learn how to use them. There are the obvious like pilfer, removing players from the ruck, interceptions, no 8 pickup, forward play moves, mauls from lineouts and then there are the some real game changers like ruck commitment, pod formation, and the different tactics, and animation wise they added much more weight to the tackles. I think this is a pretty long list of new features, give them a try you may like them:). No rugby game to date has come close to replicating the ruck as RC2, they even added an animation for standing up and trying to pilfer. Small tweaks, I don't think so.

Cheers and Salud

RC2 was a major leap forward in terms of polishing the gameplay, if you don't agree with that you have to admit you didn't even bother playing long enough. Sadly, all those improvements are crippled by bugs they refused to fix like awarding the lineout to the wrong team after a kick for touch if the kick is caught out of bounds, thus rendering the very good quick lineouts pointless. Just that bug completely ruins the game for me, I can't overlook the fact that a basic rule of the sport is broken and it will never be fixed.

RC2 was a major leap forward in terms of polishing the gameplay, if you don't agree with that you have to admit you didn't even bother playing long enough. Sadly, all those improvements are crippled by bugs they refused to fix like awarding the lineout to the wrong team after a kick for touch if the kick is caught out of bounds, thus rendering the very good quick lineouts pointless. Just that bug completely ruins the game for me, I can't overlook the fact that a basic rule of the sport is broken and it will never be fixed.

I agree with Jmmontoro and LionMaull both. Both are very good points. I think rugby 15 will have a lot to answer for, but i hope it is a step in the right direction. I see this game coming as a stepping stone for the second game. I could be wrong. But i am excited about what it has to offer. Waiting to hear more news though...what national teams are in, super 15? Rugby Championship? All blacks? SA Aus? Career mode? Proper injuries? etc
Will see...will see

https://www.facebook.com/GDE.Distribution?fref=nf

Rugby 15 Announced - PS4/PS3/PS Vita/Xbox 360/Xbox One/PC
GDE and Big Ben are pleased to announce the first ever next-gen rugby ***le, HB Studio's RUGBY '15

From HB Studios the creators of the best-selling sports game of all time in New Zealand (Rugby '08), Rugby '15 brings the power, passion and perfection of the greatest game on the planet.

Rugby '15 will redefine the rugby experience on consoles and PC, with the most advanced graphics engine, dynamic AI and the most impactful version of the game yet!

Features:
• From HB Studios the developers of Rugby '04, Rugby '05, Rugby '07, Rugby '08, Rugby World Cup 2011, Fifa Street 2, Cricket '02, Cricket '04, Cricket '05 , Cricket '07, Fifa '10 and NBA Live '08
• Uses the ground-breaking Unity Engine, a scalable engine allowing the same experience across multiple platforms without visible sacrifice.
• Instantly accessible, immensely challenging. Easy to get into, but with deep and technical enough to satisfy core fans in the long run.
• Dynamic AI behaviour based on the situation, rather than static reflexes from a fixed, rigid decision tree.
• Create you own leagues, championships, player names, stats and more
• Local multiplayer supports 1-4 players on the one console
• Featuring a host of international players from across the globe and including the exclusive Pro D2 (French First Division), Top 14 (French Second Division), Aviva Premiership (English Premiership) and Pro 12 (Irish/Scottish/Italian/Welsh) Leagues
• Localised pack shot featuring New Zealand legends Joe Rocokoko, Rene Ranger and Benson Stanley
• The most socially connected rugby game ever, follow your friends and beat their records to get to the top of the Rugby '15 world.

Releasing in November 2014 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation Vita, Rugby '15

Pre-order links to follow

https://www.facebook.com/GDE.Distribution?fref=nf

Rugby 15 Announced - PS4/PS3/PS Vita/Xbox 360/Xbox One/PC
GDE and Big Ben are pleased to announce the first ever next-gen rugby ***le, HB Studio's RUGBY '15

From HB Studios the creators of the best-selling sports game of all time in New Zealand (Rugby '08), Rugby '15 brings the power, passion and perfection of the greatest game on the planet.

Rugby '15 will redefine the rugby experience on consoles and PC, with the most advanced graphics engine, dynamic AI and the most impactful version of the game yet!

Features:
• From HB Studios the developers of Rugby '04, Rugby '05, Rugby '07, Rugby '08, Rugby World Cup 2011, Fifa Street 2, Cricket '02, Cricket '04, Cricket '05 , Cricket '07, Fifa '10 and NBA Live '08
• Uses the ground-breaking Unity Engine, a scalable engine allowing the same experience across multiple platforms without visible sacrifice.
• Instantly accessible, immensely challenging. Easy to get into, but with deep and technical enough to satisfy core fans in the long run.
• Dynamic AI behaviour based on the situation, rather than static reflexes from a fixed, rigid decision tree.
• Create you own leagues, championships, player names, stats and more
• Local multiplayer supports 1-4 players on the one console
• Featuring a host of international players from across the globe and including the exclusive Pro D2 (French First Division), Top 14 (French Second Division), Aviva Premiership (English Premiership) and Pro 12 (Irish/Scottish/Italian/Welsh) Leagues
• Localised pack shot featuring New Zealand legends Joe Rocokoko, Rene Ranger and Benson Stanley
• The most socially connected rugby game ever, follow your friends and beat their records to get to the top of the Rugby '15 world.

Releasing in November 2014 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC and PlayStation Vita, Rugby '15

Pre-order links to follow

You bet me to it! Rats

Couple of between the lines, complete speculation obviously,
Like movies, "from the director/producer of", if it's the main feature of the product, speaks poorly of it.
From what we've seen so far, most advanced graphics engine sounds like a late 90's game.
Featuring local multiplayer basically confirms no online.

Hmmm classing Benson Stanley as a New Zealand legend is a bit of a worry for starters.

'Instantly accessible, immensely challenging. Easy to get into, but with deep and technical enough to satisfy core fans in the long run.' - hoping that is an indication of some sort of career mode.

'Dynamic AI behaviour based on the situation, rather than static reflexes from a fixed, rigid decision tree.' - Sounds promising.

'Create you own leagues, championships, player names, stats and more' - Sounds promising.

I'm 99% sure there's no career mode.

If there is, you'll be looking at something akin to World League, though probably even worse.

I guess D.Crater and R.McCann will make an appearance...

I still remember the good old days of NZ legends C. Callum, J. Lamu, T. Blockrider and R. Rydell.

wow, the game was just announced for the second time!

Don't want to sound cynical but this bit worries me

From HB Studios the developers of Rugby '04, Rugby '05, Rugby '07, Rugby '08, Rugby World Cup 2011, Fifa Street 2, Cricket '02, Cricket '04, Cricket '05 , Cricket '07, Fifa '10 and NBA Live '08

or...

From HB Studios the developers of nothing for best part of 4 years after a series of underwhelming games that actually didn't have much to do with them anyway as EA took all the money and reviews for them

Hi guys, gde replied to a guy on facebook and therw will be a hands on in auckland in october. More dwtails to come.... I know someone who is goin

Don't want to sound cynical but this bit worries me

From HB Studios the developers of Rugby '04, Rugby '05, Rugby '07, Rugby '08, Rugby World Cup 2011, Fifa Street 2, Cricket '02, Cricket '04, Cricket '05 , Cricket '07, Fifa '10 and NBA Live '08

or...

From HB Studios the developers of nothing for best part of 4 years after a series of underwhelming games that actually didn't have much to do with them anyway as EA took all the money and reviews for them

And... HB_Glen and co. are also not working there anymore...

Latest posts