• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Rugby-15-screenshot-header1.jpg

This pic bothers me a great deal.

It seems like it could be 2 international teams and I see about 4 or 5 character models that look EXACTLY the same? I know it's an early build but come on... How lazy can you be? I'm still excited for the game but if international teams have duplicate character models in the final build then I'm done. There is simply no excuse for that and there'd be no doubt in my mind that the developers don't have the slightest bit of respect for rugby fans.

Why even release a screenshot showcasing duplicate character models? Urgh, I just can't understand what is going through these peoples' minds.

Rugby-15-screenshot-header1.jpg

This pic bothers me a great deal.

It seems like it could be 2 international teams and I see about 4 or 5 character models that look EXACTLY the same? I know it's an early build but come on... How lazy can you be? I'm still excited for the game but if international teams have duplicate character models in the final build then I'm done. There is simply no excuse for that and there'd be no doubt in my mind that the developers don't have the slightest bit of respect for rugby fans.

Why even release a screenshot showcasing duplicate character models? Urgh, I just can't understand what is going through these peoples' minds.
i have no idea why that uploaded cause that was still from the alpa stage as u can see it says Work In Progress

Rugby-15-screenshot-10.jpg

Some of the recent info about a new approach to controls have given me some hope and made me think of how much Don Bradman Cricket has seen a paradigm shift in the way cricket games are controlled and I wondered/wonder if this may do the same for rugby but this screenshot makes me think if there is kick receive defensive option as there was in rugby 08 - dropping back the back 3 was a great addition but hasn' t featured since.

I'm also not sure why the lineout moves that were employed in Rugby 2001 haven't been resurrected by anyone since - they added variety. No charge down option either by anybody since HBs previous outing - will that reappear?

I do agree with those who say that RC2 is the best rugby game ever but I don't understand why, with the stated policy of starting from scratch, Rugby 15 couldn't have included all of the best bits from all of the previous rugby games and make improvements on other bits that didn't work so well such as quick lineouts in RC2 which are almost non-existent.

And...
Why has no one ever set up the AI of support runners so that the ball carrier or even just the first receiver has a good inside ball option.
Why has there never been a blitz/drift/umbrella option for defence?
Why can't you have a rolling maul - I seem to remember the original JLR doing this well?
Why, if playing with a forward for example can't you deliberately choose to set up a maul as you go into contact? (again, possible in JLR 1997)
Conversely, why can't you perform choke tackles to hold up the ball carrier?
Instead of just having the forward pod and either passing to them or the back line - why can't you have the pod run a decoy and put the pass behind them? RL2 has this with deep and flat passing.

Hopefully HB will have included some of this - anyone with any enthusiasm for playing rugby games would have included these, or is that too much to ask?

Perhaps Mario, would be able to explain why some features, as above are left out - certainly with these in RC2 would literally have been the rugby game of our dreams. Is budget the answer?

Certainly, if Rugby 15 has all of the above and crappy graphics I for one would be over the moon.

Last edited:
That new batch of screenshots have made me be sick in my mouth. This game looks atrocious. Absolutely awful. It looks like the next gen version of Rugby 2004...

Anyone known where the new screnshots were taken from, if the 6 nations is not licensed I am losing a bit of hope!

I think one of the worst things is that all the players are bunching up like they did on all HB rugby games. In real life the players form a line and run forward and backwards together!

Anyone known where the new screnshots were taken from, if the 6 nations is not licensed I am losing a bit of hope!
I do, it's a spanish article, probably made by request of Badland Games which is the spanish distributor of the game and they website took the screens from the PS4. Give me a few minutes to translate the highlights.

http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/avances/avance-rugby-15-88890

Fake teams and players for Super Rugby, Six Nations, Rugby Championship and other international teams. There's an European Cup which is probably fake but uses the real teams in it. Doesn't specify about any other tournaments.
There's an editor that will allow to modify players names, height, weight or position.
No career or online.
Controls, move (sprint included) and tackling with left analog. Score try with left or right click. Place kicking, aim with left analog, swing leg with right analog. Passing with right trigger. Kicking (clear or drop) with A or Cross. Lineouts combining right trigger for throw and left trigger for jump.
Rucks, mauls and scrums won by rotating right analog and the first to find the sweet spot wins. Other complementary controls like side steps, grubbers and chase kicks. 3 levels of difficulty.
Only two cameras, side and back. No replays, no close ups, no cinematics. Just one player model, all players look the same. PS2-ish graphics.

Last edited:
Well that doesn't sound good! I thought they would still have the international teams from rugby World Cup 2011. I mean casual gamers that think they possibly could buy rugby 15 will probably be turned off, but I am not giving up hope until the fat lady sings but if true it is going to be extremely disappointing

I just want this game to be good, soooo badly. But it's just looking soooo bad. It seems like we'll be seeing duplicate character models running around on the same team which is an absolute JOKE. And no replays, no close ups, no cinematics? I will be appalled if this is true. Paying full price for an iOS/Android quality rugby game on NEW-GEN should be considered daylight robbery.

Latest posts