• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby '15 announced

Talk about clutching at straws. What a complete waste of YouTube space that was.

may not be much but its more then the developers have shown lol

Slightly off topic but does anybody know if there are alternative camera angles in this game? i know theres 'side on' as that is what they have shown but any news of 'behind the players' camera, if so is there a 'prefered up' option like on RWC2011?

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly off topic but does anybody know if there are alternative camera angles in this game? i know theres 'side on' as that is what they have shown but any news of 'behind the players' camera, if so is there a 'prefered up' option like on RWC2011?

I believe we were told by someone that there are only two options, front and side.

Talk about clutching at straws. What a complete waste of YouTube space that was.

At least it shows some gameplay this time which makes a nice change, i certainly hadn't seen those clips before - although i'm still not sure why the RWC 2011 footage is still necessary? I almost closed it thinking it wouldn't actually have any footage of Rugby 15.

As for the rucking sweet spot - one of the actually in game footage clips in there seems to show that the sweet spot mechanic starts up quicker for the ball carrier than the tackler so maybe that's how they get around it - by giving the attacking team a head start?

From the controls on the website:
No dummy - which someone has mentioned already
No number 8 pick up
No movement in the lineout just pick and throw
Quick lineouts?
No charge down
Would the pop pass option work as an offload - is there offloading?
How can they say it is the first game with up and unders?
I wonder if with the new multi-directional passing mechanic we can effectively have the flat and deep passes that are were implemented nicely in RL2? Does the use of the R stick highlight the potential receiver so that you switch it 'target' around?

Although I'm assuming the controls aren't exhaustive as there is no mention of the use of the d button for defensive/attacking tactics - anyone know anything about these?

At least it shows some gameplay this time which makes a nice change, i certainly hadn't seen those clips before - although i'm still not sure why the RWC 2011 footage is still necessary? I almost closed it thinking it wouldn't actually have any footage of Rugby 15.

As for the rucking sweet spot - one of the actually in game footage clips in there seems to show that the sweet spot mechanic starts up quicker for the ball carrier than the tackler so maybe that's how they get around it - by giving the attacking team a head start?

From the controls on the website:
No dummy - which someone has mentioned already
No number 8 pick up
No movement in the lineout just pick and throw
Quick lineouts?
No charge down
Would the pop pass option work as an offload - is there offloading?
How can they say it is the first game with up and unders?
I wonder if with the new multi-directional passing mechanic we can effectively have the flat and deep passes that are were implemented nicely in RL2? Does the use of the R stick highlight the potential receiver so that you switch it 'target' around?

Although I'm assuming the controls aren't exhaustive as there is no mention of the use of the d button for defensive/attacking tactics - anyone know anything about these?
charge down can still happen by just running to the kicker like in 08 but i highly doubt it
it hasn't been in a rugby game since 08 :/

i wonder if in goal kicking players like Morne Steyn, Owen Farrell etc. will have they're own run up or if they all have the basic run up like rugby challenge 2

Heres another bit of gameplay- credit goes to ben mccardle and anthony matray-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGU1TgDDSMg&list=UUrwvYqrnEhztDS9Jm0RlWyQ some thing that looks gd is there is quick ball and the pitch look all messed up after playing on it. awesome!

Heres another bit of gameplay- credit goes to ben mccardle and anthony matray-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGU1TgDDSMg&list=UUrwvYqrnEhztDS9Jm0RlWyQ some thing that looks gd is there is quick ball and the pitch look all messed up after playing on it. awesome!

Looks like offloads and mauls from a lineout are in although no option came up to choose the number of men in the lineout, to tap off the top, or any set plays off the lineout?

the driving tackle looks boss:cool:

Looks like offloads and mauls from a lineout are in although no option came up to choose the number of men in the lineout, to tap off the top, or any set plays off the lineout?

Ok, was going to post something. But even I am getting tired of posting the same thing.

So good luck to HB/Big Ben, hopefully they will sell many many games, so we can improve rugby gaming.

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
Ok, was going to post something. But even I am getting tired of posting the same thing.

So good luck to HB/Big Ben, hopefully they will sell many many games, so we can improve rugby gaming.

Cheers and Salud

I know what you're saying and agree with you about rucks. RC2 had it almost cracked, holding on, turning over, adding, removing players etc and not being able to commit numbers to the ruck means the game will always be 12 on 12 from the breakdown rather than 12 on 10 or whatever you sometimes get in RC2 so it'll definitely lack that tactical aspect. Although they did miss the quick ball you got in RWC 2011.

Still, it's too late now for Rugby 15 and I'm slightly more excited than I was a couple of weeks ago.

The dive tackle looks good. The rucks look rubbish. Some of that passing looked pretty average, like real floaty. And no ref on the field?

I know what you're saying and agree with you about rucks. RC2 had it almost cracked, holding on, turning over, adding, removing players etc and not being able to commit numbers to the ruck means the game will always be 12 on 12 from the breakdown rather than 12 on 10 or whatever you sometimes get in RC2 so it'll definitely lack that tactical aspect. Although they did miss the quick ball you got in RWC 2011.

Still, it's too late now for Rugby 15 and I'm slightly more excited than I was a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, yes, this is what I am talking about, but as for the quick ball and RC2 this is were I have to disagree:). On offense you can get quick balls in RC2, and just as quick as RWC 2011. You can win some rucks with just one player. Sometimes by not even adding any, (do not press any bind)(just press pass or run with the ball, it isn't every play but win you see the momentum in your favor.(and this is on hard difficulty with the modified sliders). So long you increase the Rucking bonus slider by about 50% more then default and have a slight advantage in breaking tackles over the defenses tackle slider. Quick balls and pilfers feel much more natural and real then RWC 2011 quick ball. And on the defensive side the" pilfer", you have an actual animation of the defensive player tackling then standing up and trying to pilfer(this controlled by you), and the best part about it is the offensive player has a chance to counter it by holding on with a chance at getting penalized by the ref for holding on. Add in the rucking strategies, pod tactics, and even the line spread tactic the variations of rucking outcomes and animations is tremendous. At some point I will have to post a video of this.(Quick balls). If someone already has this recorded, please post so people can see what I am saying about the quick balls in RC2. The rucking slider changed the game completely and you can get to play the game how you want to play it.

Cheers and Salud

Last edited:

Having not so great expectations.. I must say I'm quite impressed with the animations and the way it seems to flow. Just got a little bit excited!

Looking to pre order soon and there's no way I'm waiting until January UK release. Can anybody recommend the best country and place to order from? (On PS3 so region free) - thinking speed and reliability!

Cheers

Got told from the company I ordered mine off in France delivery is usually 5-6 days and release is not 100% confirmed either the 18th November or January

Got told from the company I ordered mine off in France delivery is usually 5-6 days and release is not 100% confirmed either the 18th November or January

They have stated on their Twitter page that it was only the UK that was delayed right?

I've ordered from Mighty Ape NZ before and they were pretty quick considering they are the other side of the world.

UK people - what are your thoughts?

I'd like that interview translated. Yeh but the lack of info I can't see it being released anywhere this month

defo looks like a PC purchase, coz im not prepared to pay top AUD$79 for a game without basic online multiplayer or career mode features

NZ gamer released an article about Novembers release window, and Rugby15 was in there amongst the big boys, GTA remastered, CoD, FarCry4, TLOU (GOTYedition)

Last edited:

Latest posts