• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 15 Controller issues

Kapa O Pango

Bench Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
The game works fine and everything on PC, but it seems to have controller issues, I've tried my controller on FIFA 15 and other games, but my controller doesn't seem to work not at all on Rugby 15, is there some kind of glitch or issue with controllers or something?

Thanks.

What type of controller issues?
Regan suggested this in the gameplay tips thread:

Use the DS3 tool and make your Ps4 controller "appear" as an xbox controller a opposed to a PS4 controller.

I've figured it out @Kapa O Pango

Head here: https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

1) Download the first and third files, extract all the files into the Rugby 15 game folder in Steam Apps.
2) Run the application with your gamepads plugged in, let it automatically get the control settings from the internet (basically just do what the application tells you to).
3) In the options tab you may have to select (tick) all the optional x_inputs

Hopefully this should all work for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've figured it out @Kapa O Pango

Head here: https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

1) Download the first and third files, extract all the files into the Rugby 15 game folder in Steam Apps.
2) Run the application with your gamepads plugged in, let it automatically get the control settings from the internet (basically just do what the application tells you to).
3) In the options tab you may have to select (tick) all the optional x_inputs

Hopefully this should all work for you!

Thanks a lot! It works brilliantly! Now I can finally play with a controller, thanks heaps!

Hi there @TRF Mr Fish Ive got a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and doesn't seem to get the game working. I don't know if im doing something wrong but ive downloaded file 1 and 3 and extracted them into the rugby 15 file and I get this message. " Configuration file does not match x360ce version. Some options may not work until configuration file will be updated". Im sooo wanting to play this game.

Hi there @TRF Mr Fish Ive got a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and doesn't seem to get the game working. I don't know if im doing something wrong but ive downloaded file 1 and 3 and extracted them into the rugby 15 file and I get this message. " Configuration file does not match x360ce version. Some options may not work until configuration file will be updated". Im sooo wanting to play this game.

Hey there @Beluga_Deere. You can ignore that message (AFAIK), I believe it's been around forever and it didn't affect anything on my game.

Do your settings differ at all from what I have? That second screen is particularly important.

Controls.PNGOptions.PNG

It's worth noting that the program is also incapable or remapping the d-pad to the analogue stick (and vice-versa, I think). This means that if your controller is laid out like a PlayStation controller (as mine is) instead of an Xbox controller then you will have to use the d-pad to run around etc., which is quite frustrating. It's better than nothing, however ;) Let me know how it goes!

Its working now had to select that 3 xinput dll's.

Thank you very much. Im glad i can play the game.

But why is there no Super Rugby Team names or player names.

Rugby 08 is still better.

THE FIX by THE FIXER

For Those Who Are Having Controller Issues See This Video. It was a Fix That I FOUND myself on 23 FEB 2015.I DIDN'T want To Be selfish so here it is. And do the exact steps given in the video.

SORRRY For Fast Copy Pasting But My First Video Drowned So i had to do it once more so i copy pasted it. the steps are Given BELOW.

USE the EXACT FILE NAMES AND FILE TYPES.AM I CLEAR.

Hi Guys Today i'm going to show you how to fix controller issues in Rugby 15.

I am a newbie fixer to be honest, but i found this fix myself.

and i am using skidrow version becoz i am frm a poor family

First Go to google and search for the follwing file. do it correctly.

the file names are given below

x360ce.App-2.0.2.156

AND

xinput_r444_x86

Now download the files extract it and then paste it in your RUGBY 15 Directory.

One More thing this WORKS for steam version too.

now follow me.

Plug in your controller

open x360ce

after setting Your Contols go to option tab and tick all x_input files
and tick debug mode too and set hook mode as disabled.

Then go to SETTINGS DATABASE tab And change launcher.exe (in skidrow version) to Rugby 15.

If It is Steam Version it might be set to unins000.exe change it to Rugby15.exe.

Enjoy Comment Like AND Share.

THE FIXER Please help me I have a Rugby 15 Controller issue.
And have down loaded X360 Contorller to my pc and set it up like you said.
How Ever still can't get it to work.

Latest posts