• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 18

colossss

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
So it was announced that Rugby 18 is on its way to all main platforms in October. Already, there is a lot of speculation as to what it might be like.

"Eko Software, Bigben Interactive, and Maximum Games announced Rugby 18 for PC and consoles today.

This authentic rugby union game, which Eko Software has been working on for over two years, features the top Northern Hemisphere rugby clubs and players, with highlights being England's Premiership Rugby clubs and France's TOP 14 teams. Rugby 18 is striving to become one of the most immersive rugby games on the market by giving players a variety of tactical choices during matches, adding varied game phases, and by giving players the ability to learn and refine technical skills in the game.

Overall, there will be more than 2,000 professional rugby players from the 2017-2018 season in Rugby 18 alongside a management mode where one can build and develop their own team. Benjamin Lalisse, Managing Director at Eko Software, had the following to say about working on the game:

"As a huge sports fan, being able to work on Rugby 18 is terrific. The team is working hard to reproduce everything that makes rugby unique as faithfully as possible. I hope fans will enjoy fully experiencing the intensity of the big matches and sharing their passion for rugby."

You can check out the ***le's logo and some screenshots of the game in action below. Rugby 18 will release on PC, PS4, and Xbox One this October."

Attached below are various snippets picked up from around the web at the moment:

Rugby-18.png

RUGBY_18_Reveal_Screenshot01.jpg RUGBY_18_Reveal_Screenshot02.jpg RUGBY_18_Reveal_Screenshot03.jpg

Thanks for the news Colossss!

Massively disappointed by the graphics but meh! What can we expect from BigBen? They made Rugby15 after all. And we all know how average the gameplay was as well.

Also, it's very unlikely that SH teams will be licensed. Huge let down.

There's just one weak, faint hope... I hope this game will be competitive enough to make other video game publishers strive to bring us what's best about rugby gaming. Hmmm... I'm dreaming alright

Last edited:
Question:

Will this be shown at E3 that's just around the corner?

We will need a lot more info to make a better assessment, but based on the track record of the company involved, as well as the timing. I'm inclined to think that it's going to be the same as Rugby15, and I bet that they will make a RWC2019 game too, basically the same game, just with the international teams.

Only good thing about those screenshot is that it seems like they have taken time in getting the body shapes more accurately. Not anymore 1-15 that look like scrawny wings...

Think I will give this one a miss in favour of RLL4 unless the consensus on here is that it is good.

Also, the screenshot of the Tigers kit is wrong, could that be the design for their kit next season?

Riiiiiiiight. So after 15 mins of research, it looks like EKO software's claim to fame is the Handball franchise. It doesn't look great and has garbage reviews. Not holding my breath for Rugby18

It will be absolute ****... really wish somebody would adapt the RLL engine for union as those games are fantastic

Dan Cole looks like he's been moon lighting as a sumo wrestler

Definitely won't be a day one purchase for me, been burnt before. RLL4 will be, though.
I'm not holding out much hope, tbh.

It'll probably be awful. And again seems like only Premiership and Top14 licenses, which is a shame.

Earlier today there was a review put up of a French journalists experience when he was invited to play the game. It was swiflty taken down for an unknown reason, but here it is crudely translated... Credit goes to Scottish Cannon on youtube for sending it to me btw

On the occasion of the Bigben Week, the Rugbynistère had the opportunity to test Rugby 18, a new video game centered on the oval ball. Story. When I was told that I was going to test the new Rugby 18, I was fairly divided. On one hand, how not to think about Rugby 08 - aka the best video game of all time - that rocked all my teenage years? On the other hand, it's hard not to be scalded by the last tests in the game of rugby on console ... As a faithful supporter of Clermont, I hope that "this time is the right one." 'left ! 9:45 The invitation in my pocket, I headed Avenue Hoche (Paris), a few steps from the Champs-Elysees. The mansion is classy, everyone is sapped as jaja: it changes me from the clubs house of Federal or Honor that I have known in the past. 9:46 After a brief briefing by the hostess, I quickly realize the change. Here, the beers were replaced by orange juice, and the sausage by apple tartlets. A real banquet, I feel like part of the FFR! But professional consciousness obliges me, I do not touch breakfast: today is work (the bosses, if you read me ...) 9:47 If Bigben releases a video game of rugby, the event serves to put in front all the products of the mark, with connected objects of all kind, alarm clocks, speakers, televisions and even a vinyl player. Half of the English speaking staff, I look discreetly if any of them looks like Owen Farrell, just to put a little cork of families. Other games are in the spotlight: Outcast, Hunting Simulator, Isle of Man or WRC 5. Finally, I come across Rugby 18, available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. 9:50 A little further on, it is time for demonstration. Several curious people are gathered around the Playstation and two of them have the chance to test the game in preview. I learn that this is the first time Bigben has launched into the oval: oh, they are not responsible for the Rugby World Cup 2015 released last year, which had almost made me pass to the enemy of the ball round. 9:51 Visually, it is also frankly better. The test match between Leicester and Exeter. I learn that the creators have been working on the game for two and a half years, and that it remains about three months of work to finalize it: "we fine-tune the details: players who get dirty, who perspire, . Visually, we want to be credible, that's why we work on moving players, not to create gaping holes in the defense, which would make the attack too easy. "A positive point for those who have Played the last Jonah Lomu Rugby, where a Georgian pillar could make 30-meter passes and put a Fijian winger in the wind. 9:55 And in terms of gameplay, how is it going? Rugby 18 wants to do in simplicity. "This is really the objective of this game, it is that the fans reproach the last outings. We have set aside the grammar of games type FIFA. What we do not want is that players have to go into a tutorial to get their hands together. " 10:15 That's it, it's my turn! Can not change the teams, I still ask if we can play with other training at the exit of the game. Balance? The Top 14, Pro D2 and Premiership licenses have been purchased, others will follow, including the national teams: in all, more than 60 teams and 2000 players. The stats of the latter are listed by OPTA. Not bad. 10:16 I inherited the Tigers, who already wear their jersey of next season (spoil: it is green!). I'm gonna hit the ball and play balls in the rucks: it smells like a jerk, already 7 to 0 for my opponent, who is none other than Bigben in charge of the game. He is fair, and even if he is Let's call him Owen. 10:18 Very quickly, old reflexes resurface. One pass, two passes ... One can even make offloads and chistéras by pressing simultaneously on R1 and L1: alleluia, my trainer will not be able to bugger me! AND BIM I RETURN, 5 to 7! 10:19 Place to transformation. Here, no old-style power gauge: everything is done with the joystick, you can even add effects. I magnify it, but to my defense (well, to that of Freddie Burns!), I had flattened in corner. 10:22 Brendon O'Connor gets hurt, Tom Croft comes in. Little by little, I make my hand in the rucks, it becomes even pleasant. Good by cons, I continue to escape terrible in defense and Owen put me a wonderful drop. The match goes on and I get pretty good, Ben Youngs regale as usual. I ask Owen why rugby games are they not more present on the market, giving the example of the success of Rugby 08 " at least a million copies sold, EA (now at The origin of the game and therefore competitor Bigben, Editor's note) does not continue. It was the FIFA teams that worked on it, but we missed two zero on the check compared to them. "The observation is logical: even with a quality game, the success (commercial) is not at the rendezvous. 10:30 Believe it or not, I imposed 26 to 22 on the last action thanks to a rush of Mike Williams, all transformed by Burns. Would Owen have let me win? Not sure, given his head when his colleague nicely. WHO IS THE BOSS ? 10:32 Like after a real match, I greet my opponent who explains to me, before leaving in interview for NRJ: "we made two handball games, which, honestly, were not exceptional. But it allowed us to learn from our mistakes. " 10:35 I admit that I had a good time. Rugby 18 remains perfectible, but it bodes well for the continuation and Bigben could well reconcile the fans of rugby and video games . Most The many up-to-date licenses The graphs of the players: one recognizes well a Dan Cole or Logovi'i Mulipola The post-contact passes that give rhythm to the part The lessers : Even if I played only one game, the ruck zone is difficult to assimilate Either it is very hard to defend, either the attack is really too facilitated After a breakthrough, the player quickly cracks and has no more juice to finish the actions: it's frustrating!

"Everyone is sapped as jaja" is a highlight there.
Seems like the devs for this game are painfully honest in their interview here as well as in responding to Facebook comments. Still not optimistic but I'll watch the development of this with interest. No licenses no party for me though. I'm glad they're targeting more than what they have currently though.

As soon as I read "The Scottish Cannon", I immediately stopped reading. The credibility of the post has brought my interest to a complete halt due to the mentioning of that guy.

How many times in the past have we been click-baited with his mumbling videos and then there is nothing of substance??

ive found him a decent source in the past, but this is not his review, but from a french website that took it down, he had just translated it and gave it to me

ive found him a decent source in the past, but this is not his review, but from a french website that took it down, he had just translated it and gave it to me

But then it's not a reliable source, and could be seen as either false news or inaccurate.

The fact that it has been translated, and also that the original post has been removed, proves the unreliability. And why is ScottishCannon not posting it himself? Is it not perhaps the fact that he has been brought to terms about his false or inaccurate posts in the past?? Now he uses a third party to do his dirty work.

Please be careful of what you post, as most members have seen the damage of what the false or inaccurate news can do with regard to games that is coming out.

Also if you can't produce the link of the source of what you are posting, even if it's just a quote, it could be deemed as spam and could be removed.

http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/blog/2...-18-le-nouveau-jeu-video-sur-le-ballon-ovale/
But then it's not a reliable source, and could be seen as either false news or inaccurate.

The fact that it has been translated, and also that the original post has been removed, proves the unreliability. And why is ScottishCannon not posting it himself? Is it not perhaps the fact that he has been brought to terms about his false or inaccurate posts in the past?? Now he uses a third party to do his dirty work.

Please be careful of what you post, as most members have seen the damage of what the false or inaccurate news can do with regard to games that is coming out.

Also if you can't produce the link of the source of what you are posting, even if it's just a quote, it could be deemed as spam and could be removed.

Latest posts