• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 18

How do you make a game with worse mechanics than ones produced over a decade ago it's unforgivable and lazy. Their lineups are wrong, they dont have unlicensed versions of teams they couldn't get and it, only a few stadiums, no weather effects and it looks horribly slow. What a lazy job. Even the devs can't make it look passable when they're playing it in their Q&As There's always a brigade of people who say we should be grateful for any rugby game produced. I don't feel the need to be grateful toward people asking for 50/60 quid for broken crap. Even their last two cash grabs looked more playable than this.
So frustrating watching how far the rugby league games have come in comparison.

The game and I are average at best

I just watched your other video and wanted to take a screenshot of the Springbok ratings, they seem to be such a mess (for anyone else who wants to see how they rated the other national sides, the video he made is here: ) :
upload_2017-10-25_12-2-10.png
upload_2017-10-25_12-2-33.png
upload_2017-10-25_12-2-59.png
upload_2017-10-25_12-3-27.png
Some of the questionable ratings include:
Mohoje>Kolisi
Mostert in the 90s
Whitely in the 90s
Jantjies with 95 and our second best player, what? @TRF_heineken care to comment on that?
Our backline in general is rated to highly I think, whereas I think Lleyds is underrated.
Actually all these ratings are a mess. Mopoe 89, Paige 89, Bongi 86, Steyn 93, Mtawarira 90... The list could go on.

Last edited:
I just watched your other video and wanted to take a screenshot of the Springbok ratings, they seem to be such a mess (for anyone else who wants to see how they rated the other national sides, the video he made is here: ) :
View attachment 5531
View attachment 5532
View attachment 5533
View attachment 5534
Mohoje>Kolisi
Mostert in the 90s
Whitely in the 90s
Jantjies with 95 and our second best player, what? @TRF_heineken care to comment on that?
Our backline in general is rated to highly I think, whereas I think Lleyds is underrated.
Actually all these ratings are a mess. Mopoe 89, Paige 89, Bongi 86, Steyn 93, Mtawarira 90... The list could go on.

lol, Johnny Sexton better be rated 110 or else I'll not buy this game even more!

View attachment 5531
View attachment 5532
View attachment 5533
View attachment 5534
Mohoje>Kolisi
Mostert in the 90s
Whitely in the 90s

You just gave me a reason not to buy this trash

lol, Johnny Sexton better be rated 110 or else I'll not buy this game even more!
For the record our highest rated player is Stander, followed by Jack McGrath who has 85 goal kicking and 89 kicking from hand, followed by Furlong with 85 and 88, then Sexton. 7th best player in the world you may ask? Who else, but Ben Te'o

For the record our highest rated player is Stander, followed by Jack McGrath who has 85 goal kicking and 89 kicking from hand, followed by Furlong with 85 and 88, then Sexton. 7th best player in the world you may ask? Who else, but Ben Te'o
Rugby 18 loves thicc players!

As always, people value overalls instead of individual statistics, this is data driven and yet you complain. When it comes to gameplay, the overall is irrelevant as the game will look for individual statistics instead and calculate the outcome accordingly.

As always, people value overalls instead of individual statistics, this is data driven and yet you complain. When it comes to gameplay, the overall is irrelevant as the game will look for individual statistics instead and calculate the outcome accordingly.
The Ireland props having world class kicking stats will surely lead then to victory.

Eben Etzebeth is faster than Jan Serfontein and one point slower than Raymond Rhule. He also has kicking stats in the high 80s/low 90s. There doesn't seem to be much differentiation between a good forward and a good back, which I have thought looked a bit odd in gameplay footage when locks and flanks were chasing wings down. There's something very wrong with these stats, them saying these numbers are performance based doesn't really mean much, how exactly was that done and how does that result in a lock being faster then backline players with such good kicking skills?

No idea how it was done, I was just pointing out overalls are irrelevant in every game, this happens in all sports ***les. I will come down to gameplay, if forwards don't kick, it doesn't matter how high their kicking rating is. But by the looks of it, I wouldn't expect gameplay at all.

No idea how it was done, I was just pointing out overalls are irrelevant in every game, this happens in all sports ***les. I will come down to gameplay, if forwards don't kick, it doesn't matter how high their kicking rating is. But by the looks of it, I wouldn't expect gameplay at all.

Sure, overalls are irrelevant really, but looking at the individual statistics as well, things don't look right, again referencing forward speed vs backline speed. Sure, if a forward doesn't kick it doesn't matter, but speed is a big factor for any sports game, and a tight five forward should not (except in exceptionally unusual circumstances) be as fast or faster than a wing, which is why I am saying that their data gathering methodology seems absolute rubbish.

Just to clarify your last point, are you stating that you expect the gameplay to be terrible?

Just to clarify your last point, are you stating that you expect the gameplay to be terrible?
I assume everyone saw what I saw, there are two options, either the player and the difficulty were below average or calling it gameplay is unnecessarily polite.

I assume everyone saw what I saw, there are two options, either the player and the difficulty were below average or calling it gameplay is unnecessarily polite.

Haha, I think everyone saw what you saw.

I preordered and waited until midnight to play this hot garbage asap. It is painfully bad to play. The mechanics are so broken I lost the tutorial match. The speed of players is really slow and the stamina bar is empty after 10 meters. If you're thinking about getting it, please wait a bit to see how these crooks justify this mess.

Some initial thoughts after only half hour of play -

• So this game is incredibly frustrating to play

• Lacks national teams (not even unlicensed versions of teams outside 6 nations & the "big 3")

• I like the rucking system - B/O to add player whilst the right stick acts as a bind boost - although sometimes the game doesn't register a button press to bind ha!

• No depth in the attacking line makes it almost unplayable in attack - the receiver is tackled as soon as they receive the ball in most instances. kicking provides the only realistic option to get over the gain-line (rather like the real thing then ).

• Still not 100% sure how the right stick works in attack. So far shifting left/right is a side-step (when it registers) whilst holding left or right is a fend (not been succesful yet.

• Right stick in defense is also a nice touch, when it registers

• Not sure how "team momentum" works in game (if at all) but it suggests it plays a part in the game description.

• Overall game speed is "simulation" style whilst the sprint speed and stamina are a serious issue - no real difference between players/jogging & you only get about 3 seconds worth of sprint.

• I hope some issues can get resolved via some game patches although I understand patches cost time and money

• day one" patch is imminent on consoles but many claim this still leaves the game with the same issues = pretty unplayable for todays standards

•Default camera angle provides reasonable in game graphics.

• Some animations are nice but transitions can't be jerky.

The game's Facebook feed is currently on fire with people (*cough kids) expecting Fifa/madden levels of presentation/quality, without understanding the differences in budgets, dev team numbers etc and how that affects an overall game - almost provides more entertainment than playing the tutorial

You don't expect such a flawed product on release, but I do feel there's little glimmers of potential to be a decent gaming experience.

However I currently feel a little conned/disappointed

Latest posts