• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 BOx art

M

maddog79

@ www.hb-studios.com under the tab of "Games" there is a box art of Rugby 2005.
<

Hmm. I assume it'll be JAson Robinson on the England one. Could be Lewsey/Tindall as well.

Originally posted by woodie@Jan 23 2005, 11:50 PM
Hmm. I assume it'll be JAson Robinson on the England one. Could be Lewsey/Tindall as well.
Yes it is Jason Robinson on the English one, and there is three poms on the PC version - surprised Umosay hasn't got those up on his site??

Went to EB and saw the game in the coming soon section with the box art and all.

checked out the back of the box and got a little scared.

reminded me of rugby2004, and looks nothing like the player models of FIFA.

a pic of a guy kicking for goals looked precisily the same as 2004.......so i assume kicking for goal is exactly the same.

and the edit player screen, has a pic of george smith they are editing.
has options like nose width and pretty detailed stuff, and some had padlocks which i guess u had to unlock.

some screens looked very nice , but some looked like 2004.

i await comments from someone that has played it, coz the pre-order cover, wont entice pre-release sales.....it just looks half assed.

anyway anyone could manage to get a scan of this back cover so we can all have a look ? It does sound a little worrying from your description
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 24 2005, 08:05 AM
anyway anyone could manage to get a scan of this back cover so we can all have a look ? It does sound a little worrying from your description
<
I cant, i am at work

however maybe the pics are on the web somewhere, or maybe the dude that works at dick smith can scan it.

the kicking for goal pic really gutted me.......one big red ascue arrow, just like 2004.

pics of the scrum looked really nice, but that could be pre-scrum animation

Is it possible that the pics are a mixture of 2005 & 2004 just for the pre release box or is it the actual final box art u reckon ?

Surely the kicking cant be the same. It was god awful. You couldnt see anything from the kick off apart from the man kicking.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 24 2005, 08:14 AM
Is it possible that the pics are a mixture of 2005 & 2004 just for the pre release box or is it the actual final box art u reckon ?

Surely the kicking cant be the same. It was god awful. You couldnt see anything from the kick off apart from the man kicking.
I can only hope so

But most pre-release EA ***les the box art remains the same

with kicking u still got the big red ascue arrow, and the camera on the grass behind the ball...camera is on the grass so ur looking from the ants eye cam, just like 2004

It was funny when Umaga was on the 2001 cover, yet was only on the AB bench in the game.

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 24 2005, 09:01 AM
Went to EB and saw the game in the coming soon section with the box art and all.

a pic of a guy kicking for goals looked precisily the same as 2004.......so i assume kicking for goal is exactly the same.

has options like nose width and pretty detailed stuff, and some had padlocks which i guess u had to unlock.

i await comments from someone that has played it, coz the pre-order cover, wont entice pre-release sales.....it just looks half assed.
Was the goal kick screen you saw an in-game pic? Did it have a fill up meter like 04? Surely it can't be that bad

On the austrailian boxart, I noticed in the bottom right hand corner there are 3 emblems! One is tri-nations, the other is super 12 but i cant work out the 3rd. Think it could be the tooheys new cup thing??? doubt it but there is something there!!

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 24 2005, 09:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 24 2005, 09:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jan 24 2005, 09:01 AM

Was the goal kick screen you saw an in-game pic? Did it have a fill up meter like 04? Surely it can't be that bad [/b]
umo - the kicking for goal looked identical (from what i can remember from 2004).

i'd be very surprised if goal kicking has changed at all

Well all I can say is that if the goal kicking and kicking in general hasnt changed then apart from the graphics dont expect much else to have changed either because the kicking was probably the worst aspect of the game.

I now have a very, very bad feeling in my stomach.

Really would like to see a copy of that back cover.

Can you tell the graphics have changed but the angle and meter are the same or do the graphics look exactly the same ?

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 24 2005, 11:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 24 2005, 11:11 AM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 24 2005, 09:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jan 24 2005, 09:01 AM

Was the goal kick screen you saw an in-game pic? Did it have a fill up meter like 04? Surely it can't be that bad
umo - the kicking for goal looked identical (from what i can remember from 2004).

i'd be very surprised if goal kicking has changed at all [/b]
Can't be exactly the same surely, even that ugly fill up meter is there?

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Jan 24 2005, 10:15 AM
Well all I can say is that if the goal kicking and kicking in general hasnt changed then apart from the graphics dont expect much else to have changed either because the kicking was probably the worst aspect of the game.

I now have a very, very bad feeling in my stomach.

Really would like to see a copy of that back cover.

Can you tell the graphics have changed but the angle and meter are the same or do the graphics look exactly the same ?
yes u can tell the graphics are improved

the whole concept of kicking for goal is the same (by appearance)

surely this pic is somewhere on the web by now

yes there's even the fill up metre

havent u all come across a kick for goal pic yet...surely one has been posted on the web somewhere

Has nobody got a camera phone that they can take a quick pic, and upload it on here?

shite for zoomin in though phone cameras. someone needs to whip in with a nice digi and take a few macro zoomed right in shots and stuff.

then explain to the guy behind the counter what the **** your doin
<

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 24 2005, 10:31 AM
Has nobody got a camera phone that they can take a quick pic, and upload it on here?
i may be able to do that, but not till tomorrow

i have camera phone, but dunno about the quality

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 24 2005, 10:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 24 2005, 10:36 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Jan 24 2005, 10:31 AM
i may be able to do that, but not till tomorrow

i have camera phone, but dunno about the quality [/b]
give it a try, you never know!!!!