• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 in trouble New NRL game has onlin mode

E

esoj

The just anounced rugby league 2 has online mode for all platforms and also a muti season franchise mode. EA will surely release a patch now that the competiton has revealed it has online play. Wonder what this means for wcr 2 will it have online play now. This is not good news for EA has they thought they had the lead with being the first to release in the next version of rugby games but now they seem to be behind the comeptition

so... at least they wont go for complacency on rugby 2006.

at least it'll be good for consumers.

yup... competition is always good

... not sure you'll see a patch tho esoj, they'll prob just wait until R2006 for online play, Rugby League hasn't the same appeal as Union worldwide so they might not feel too threatened by the game (tho they may try and learn stuff from it)

... it'll be very interesting to hear/see what WCR2 is gonna produce - this could be a very good year for rugby gaming

Or maybe EA wont care because the game will sell in only 4 countries??? hhhmmm...

EA will care at least a little, because the countries that RL sell will in (England, Australia and New Zealand) have the biggest markets for Rugby 200X.

yeah ... they will care a bit ...

but not enough to rush them into anything... I'd say they could be coy enough about this, and actually have a good look at RL2 and develop from there

hopefully they'll see a great response in sales for their game to let them see there is a good market for the sport and that a yearly release is viable, also the extra gameplay (franchise mode/online/gameplay sliders) features in Rugby League 2 and the response to them (on this forum for instance) could help point them in the right direction for the kind of things that we'd like included

here's hopin we are the people to benefit from all of this!

Originally posted by pip@Feb 25 2005, 04:23 PM
Or maybe EA wont care because the game will sell in only 4 countries??? hhhmmm...
They might care when they see this:
rl2_05.jpg

<
<
<
<
<

Sorry mate, but that shits on the Rugby 2005...

that screenshot is umpteen times better then any R2005 I've seen so far...

Its just a pity that Union still shits all over League as an actual sport tho ...
<
<
<
<

Hold your arms in the position that the person in that screen is. Who really takes that stance? He is flailing his arms out so randomly.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 25 2005, 04:57 PM

Its just a pity that Union still shits all over League as an actual sport tho ...
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 25 2005, 05:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 25 2005, 05:09 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 25 2005, 04:57 PM

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
[/b]
In fairness sanzar ... I know very little about League, so I'm not the best person to voice his opinion over which is better - all I have to base it on is the world stature of the two sports...

For this new league game tho (if I can get it in the UK & Eire when its released that is), if it actually delivers all that it says, I'll have to get it

So, I'm willing to take in any info about league thats useful to know when actually trying to play/watch a game... Currently all I know about it is... 13 players as opposed to 15, difference in points valuation for scores... and thats about it really!

i think the sponsors will changed on Newcastle Knights kits but seriously the graphics are a top notch

rl2_05.jpg

What I want to know is how Sidhe did it. I mean, there they are, a small company at the bottom of the world, **** all of a budjet compared to EA, not 'FIFA engine' or anything to work from, yet they make some remarkable graphics engine that is arguably better than EA's FIFA'd out rugby one. WTF???

Unless these screens are 'artwork' as the level of detail is pretty damn good.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 25 2005, 06:01 PM
What I want to know is how Sidhe did it. I mean, there they are, a small company at the bottom of the world, **** all of a budjet compared to EA, not 'FIFA engine' or anything to work from, yet they make some remarkable graphics engine that is arguably better than EA's FIFA'd out rugby one. WTF???

Unless these screens are 'artwork' as the level of detail is pretty damn good.
I think they did it with a secret ingredient: Love for the sport.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hold your arms in the position that the person in that screen is. Who really takes that stance? He is flailing his arms out so randomly.[/b]

Yea, I agree. The arms are the only graphical concerns for me atm. Everything else is top notch. And I hope that the players dont run the same as in RL1, I guess the mo-cap will sort this out.

if the game comes out in august/september......then surely they will pick up on "the flailing arm" thingy.

that aside, how cool does it look! sidhe actually listen to the gamers which is why they have come so far

I think sidhe could start thinkin seriously about a rugby union release.with a lower budget they produce great games with an excellent gameplay....with a union game they could increase their budget coz union has much more appeal,so they could sell more copies worldwide.Just let's wait and hope we union fans
<

Originally posted by Badboy@Feb 26 2005, 12:31 AM
I think sidhe could start thinkin seriously about a rugby union release.with a lower budget they produce great games with an excellent gameplay....with a union game they could increase their budget coz union has much more appeal,so they could sell more copies worldwide.Just let's wait and hope we union fans
<
bare in mind though, EA have all the licenses and have spent alot of money on them... The only way I can see Sidhe being able to make a viable Union game is if they ditch half the licenses...

I wouldn't get all excited over screen shots.

Wait at least till you see the gameplay, it aint **** if it doesn't play well.

Well done face though, I must say.

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 26 2005, 12:46 AM
I wouldn't get all excited over screen shots.

Wait at least till you see the gameplay, it aint **** if it doesn't play well.

Well done face though, I must say.
Good advice to be sure... but RL is a fairly solid base to start from, even with the bugs.

Latest posts