• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 in trouble New NRL game has onlin mode

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 26 2005, 12:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 26 2005, 12:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Badboy
@Feb 26 2005, 12:31 AM
I think sidhe could start thinkin seriously about a rugby union release.with a lower budget they produce great games with an excellent gameplay....with a union game they could increase their budget coz union has much more appeal,so they could sell more copies worldwide.Just let's wait and hope we union fans
<
bare in mind though, EA have all the licenses and have spent alot of money on them... The only way I can see Sidhe being able to make a viable Union game is if they ditch half the licenses... [/b]
well to be honest id rather to have a game with no licences but with a great gameplay and that follows all the rules of tha game.Do ya know what i mean?

those graphix are pretty good! i'd still buy both of them tho... i'd play rugby 2005 more still, league juz gets a bit borin for me after a while

im personally not bothered about rugby league games doing this and that,im not a rugby league fan.

Nice face detail - though I'm not getting carried away - I mean the crowd doesn't look as good as rugby 2005........
<

Originally posted by jared27@Feb 25 2005, 08:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Hold your arms in the position that the person in that screen is. Who really takes that stance? He is flailing his arms out so randomly.

Yea, I agree. The arms are the only graphical concerns for me atm. Everything else is top notch. And I hope that the players dont run the same as in RL1, I guess the mo-cap will sort this out. [/b][/quote]
He could be in the middle of doing the haka.

Seriously, I wouldn't worry too much about what a players doing in a screenshot. It's like getting a picture taken when you're moving and you look like an idiot.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Feb 26 2005, 07:46 AM
Nice face detail - though I'm not getting carried away - I mean the crowd doesn't look as good as rugby 2005........
<
that 3rd blade of grass, in the 4th row, 10cm from the post... it just doesn't look anywhere near as detailed/good as the same blade of grass in Rugby2005 ... that game's ****!
<

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Feb 26 2005, 07:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Feb 26 2005, 07:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Feb 26 2005, 07:46 AM
<
that 3rd blade of grass, in the 4th row, 10cm from the post... it just doesn't look anywhere near as detailed/good as the same blade of grass in Rugby2005 ... that game's ****!
<
[/b]
Nice spotting!!!!!

.......and look really closely and you'll clearly see that the player movements are far superior in rugby 2005.......

Originally posted by NZL fan+Feb 26 2005, 11:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Feb 26 2005, 11:35 AM)</div>
Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 26 2005, 07:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
<

<
Nice spotting!!!!!

.......and look really closely and you'll clearly see that the player movements are far superior in rugby 2005....... [/b]
I know, the difference in movement is unbelievable aye! Those still frames have such rigid and unrealistic movements! the game is gonna suck
<

we'll have to wait for sum in game footage.

but untill then rugby 2005 wooohooo!

Originally posted by NZL fan+Feb 26 2005, 12:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Feb 26 2005, 12:35 PM)</div>
Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 26 2005, 07:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
<

<
Nice spotting!!!!!

.......and look really closely and you'll clearly see that the player movements are far superior in rugby 2005....... [/b]
in rugby 2005 the crowd looks 4x the size of a normal human, RL looks much better, and at least they don't have 'half-a-fan' - as in on the side of stairs they cut them off, hahaha

edit: zoomer... see what i mean, it's half-a-fan!

crowd.jpg

wtf!

rugby league fans look crap not interactive enuff!

in rugby league the crowd looks unfinished and u can see the "so called seats"

rugby 2005 crowd look way better!

You can see seats in real games, kinkon. I'd like to see a game of rugby where the fans all go spastic like rugby 2005, as if they wave side to side like that... they do that when something happens not just randomly

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 26 2005, 01:30 PM
You can see seats in real games, kinkon. I'd like to see a game of rugby where the fans all go spastic like rugby 2005, as if they wave side to side like that... they do that when something happens not just randomly
the rwc final..... england!

but still its way better than the rugby league fans!

rugby league fans remind me of rugby 2004....same ppl(same picture)

like cloned ppl sitting in a row just looks awful!

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 26 2005, 04:54 AM
im personally not bothered about rugby league games doing this and that,im not a rugby league fan.
It's just a video game version of it though... It just means you'll focus on scoring tries more than anything else.

Originally posted by JJ-@Feb 25 2005, 04:25 PM
EA will care at least a little, because the countries that RL sell will in (England, Australia and New Zealand) have the biggest markets for Rugby 200X.
America would probably have a bigger market for 2k5 than New Zealand just because of its sheer sizw wouldn't it? South Africa would have to be way ahead of NZ too.

P.S. The stadiums in RL2 look so much better than 2k5. I'm not sure about anything else though.

Rugby 2005 is not in trouble for a couple reasons:

1. Different codes.
2. League 2 isn't coming out for at least another 6 + months.

If Rugby 2005 is successful, and Rugby League 2 comes out in the last quarter of 2005, EA might very well be announcing Rugby 2006 while your grubby hands are fondling League 2.

Now, if Rugby 2006 doesn't have online play -- that's a different story.
But, they're different codes and as we haven't heard anything about WCR2 yet (which could very well have online - and as they're waiting to give any announcements, should have online) things will be just fine.

We just need to worry that League 2 will be released in the States so I can play it.
We need to worry that Rugby 2005 gets released in the States first so I can play it.
We need to worry that WCR2 gets released in the States so I can play it.
We need to worry that captainamerica wang chung's tonight.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 26 2005, 02:27 PM

1. Different codes.

If Rugby 2005 is successful, and Rugby League 2 comes out in the last quarter of 2005, EA might very well be announcing Rugby 2006 while your grubby hands are fondling League 2.

But, they're different codes and as we haven't heard anything about WCR2 yet (which could very well have online - and as they're waiting to give any announcements, should have online) things will be just fine.

We just need to worry that League 2 will be released in the States so WE can play it.
We need to worry that Rugby 2005 gets released in the States first so WE can play it.
We need to worry that WCR2 gets released in the States so WE can play it.
We need to worry that captainamerica an' Boltman wang chung's tonight.
I agree two million percent!
<

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 27 2005, 03:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 27 2005, 03:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 26 2005, 02:27 PM

1. Different codes.

We just need to worry that League 2 will be released in the States so WE can play it.
We need to worry that Rugby 2005 gets released in the States first so WE can play it.
We need to worry that WCR2 gets released in the States so WE can play it.
We need to worry that captainamerica an' Boltman wang chung's tonight.
I agree two million percent!
<
[/b]
Thanks for the edit
<

But of course -- WE can play it.

Yea no way in hell Rugby 2005 is in trouble... RL2 will sell lots in Oz, NZ & UK but thats probably about it... Union is a more global game so will sell more internationally

Originally posted by 187@Feb 27 2005, 02:17 PM
Yea no way in hell Rugby 2005 is in trouble... RL2 will sell lots in Oz, NZ & UK but thats probably about it... Union is a more global game so will sell more internationally
True, but that doesn't mean the competition and quality of the game won't rattle them...

Latest posts