• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Mods

E

edinburgh_gunner

I started replaying Rugby 2005 and decided to update my Edinburgh kits and the new Scotland kits. I'm pretty happy with them just now. What's more though is that I have patiently sat and used the number files as part of the kit, so it looks so much better.

Is there any demand for these, or any other kits? I've now got a Canterbury template (Scotland, Ireland, Wasps etc) and I'm thinking about doing a nike one (England, France, Toulouse etc) to tide us all over untill Rugby Challenge 2006/Rugby 2006 (whatever hits your g-spot) and trying to update the Celtic League teams who's jerseys have now changed. If there are any requests, I'll see what I can do during my Christmas holidays that start on thursday (got to go into school for the morning, but it's just a **** around anyway) but after the morning I'm off till the 8th so I can try to some kit making, if there is a demand.

If you've got time it would be great if you could do an update of Northampton's away kit.

This one...

25611177au.jpg

5995uh.jpg

25611216rn.jpg

I can get you a load more pics if you need them. It would be brilliant if you could. Thanks.

Rather see the black kit myself, shame the game would spring up colour clashing non stop.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Dec 18 2005, 12:08 PM
Is the back just plain yellow?
These hopefully give some idea of the back...

lfight0gz.jpg

wdambrowne7ia.jpg

It's pretty much plain, just with "Persimmon" written in black underneath the number.

OK, I'll get round to do doing that soon. I thought, seeing as I have the template I'd do the Dragons kit and the Llanelli kit, and what ever other teams use that kooga template. Then I'll do the new Glasgow kit, followed by the new nike template. I'll probably make the Ireland home while I'm at it aswell.

Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, but are all these kit edits and whatnot for the PC version or the X Box?

I have yet to know if there are any files for download anywhere here at all for the X Box.
<

I have the PC version, so they are for that. Depending on what file formats and encyrption is on the xbox. If they're fsh files and you can see an extracted file from the xbox using FshEd then the kits, at least, should work.

Any progress on kits Edinburgh? No rush, it would just be nice to get a chance to use them before Rugby 2006 comes out.
<

Some stuff came up during my holiday but the only thing that takes so long when making kits for Rugby 2005 is working out the numbers. If you could get me decent sized logos for the kits that'd be grand.

pretty sure Darhf did the ireland home kit already in his previous updates. Alot of the Irish provincial teams would need updating though.

Originally posted by cavan@Jan 7 2006, 11:49 PM
pretty sure Darhf did the ireland home kit already in his previous updates. Alot of the Irish provincial teams would need updating though.
Yeah but there were problems with that back of it due to the silly way in which the numbers are done. I've got the template to re-do it.

Originally posted by cavan@Jan 8 2006, 10:49 AM
I did nothing. I just sorted and compiled existing resources.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Jan 7 2006, 11:17 PM
If you could get me decent sized logos for the kits that'd be grand.
Will these do? If not just let me know and I'll find some other examples...

buttonbarclays0wi.gif

kooga8ym.jpg

mainunionnorthamptonsaints3xj.gif

d_240.jpg

But a much prettier shirt is;
d_206.jpg

The kit can either have black or yellow shorts.
d_215.jpg

WHarding.jpg

WJC.jpg

Just to let you know I'm working on the kit this very minute.

I've discovered a snag though. The old saints kit had a different collar, and so a different model in Rugby 05. I'm going to work around this as I don't know how to change models.

Another quick update on that saints kit.

I've done the basis of it, and I'm just going to have to make up a collar. The models in this game are terrible so the front part of the sleeve looks all stretched but I'll try to fix it tomorrow by moving it around. I should have it released over the weekend. I'll hopefully finnish the kit itself tomorrow and then work out the numbers on friday.

Just do one of the old style collars in black if it's easier. You probably won't be able to notice in-game anyway.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jan 12 2006, 05:53 PM
Just do one of the old style collars in black if it's easier. You probably won't be able to notice in-game anyway.
yeah that's what I did.

Latest posts