That hit could put him in Ward 4
<

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Jan 7 2005, 05:59 AM
That hit could put him in Ward 4 
<
'I hope not Bill, That's a Marternity Ward!!'
<
Classic!

I am looking forward to this game & I just hope they get it right this time!

They'd better get it right. Otherwise I'll be ******. I'm just wondering if the Madden engine would be better for Rugby...but then again the current Madden engine has been flogged to death and the game needs a new one.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 6 2005, 01:59 PM
qantas.JPG
Jesus, I think they overdid the clouds a bit on this one. Where's this being played at, London in the 19th century?

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 7 2005, 05:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 7 2005, 05:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-robbinho
@Jan 7 2005, 04:19 AM
CO....

....HEN
Genius.
<

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bring back Bill.

I don't care if he's retired or in Scotland.

For the love of god, get him. [/b]
OO-BOO-GOO!!!!

ubagu

LANGSAKALUNGPONG!!!!

yes bring back the bill

lads, what software are you running to view the video? All i have on this pc is windows media player and isn't working. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 6 2005, 09:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 6 2005, 09:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Jan 6 2005, 09:18 PM
My only problem so far is with some slightly dodgey looking animations.
Examples?
[/b]
1. 25th second. A Frenchman's arm goes through and Irish guy and exits between his butt cheeks. - Could indicate bad collision detection
2. 32nd second. Umaga is tackled without the ball (not a problem). In the background Daniel Carter had also been tackled. In one frame he's facing one way, in the next he's turned 180 degrees. - indicates odd and choppy animations

Nothing big, but if this stuff is making it into the trailer it might be a sign of bigger problems?

Originally posted by JJ-+Jan 7 2005, 12:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Jan 7 2005, 12:13 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Jan 6 2005, 09:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Jan 6 2005, 09:18 PM
My only problem so far is with some slightly dodgey looking animations.

Examples?
1. 25th second. A Frenchman's arm goes through and Irish guy and exits between his butt cheeks. - Could indicate bad collision detection
2. 32nd second. Umaga is tackled without the ball (not a problem). In the background Daniel Carter had also been tackled. In one frame he's facing one way, in the next he's turned 180 degrees. - indicates odd and choppy animations

Nothing big, but if this stuff is making it into the trailer it might be a sign of bigger problems? [/b]
I noticed those too, but only when depicting it frame by frame, not at normal speed... the collision looks a lot better that 2004... its never going to be perfect

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Jan 6 2005, 11:43 PM
Hahaha, I forgot how the Rugby 2004 models looked like they had a rod up their arse. Who's doing the commentary?
Bill McLaren would be great.

Australian commentators make it feel like league, English commentators make it feel like soccer. Need a Welsh, A South African and a New Zealander.

Grant Nisbett would be good for the main commentary.

ur first example is relevant ur second aint though carter IS getting up from a ruck and that tackle aint late man i tell ya this game is VERY promising!

found a French website with the trailer as a .mov -- this might help anyone who can't do the .zip thing.

website is:

http://factornews.com/seenews.php?n=11861

Trailer is the 'a cette' link.

Now that I've seen it, I completely understand what everyone means when they say, "We'll wait for gameplay footage." Typical EA trailer -- loads of flash and bling, substance still pending.

But, it does look promising. We shall see.

And, I can't stand the italicized font they use at the very end, where it says all the legal stuff/Union copyrights etc. I can't stand that look.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jan 7 2005, 11:21 AM
And, I can't stand the italicized font they use at the very end, where it says all the legal stuff/Union copyrights etc. I can't stand that look.
oh bloody hell what a moaner
<

Originally posted by neh+Jan 7 2005, 11:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Jan 7 2005, 11:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Jan 7 2005, 11:21 AM
And, I can't stand the italicized font they use at the very end, where it says all the legal stuff/Union copyrights etc.  I can't stand that look.
<
[/b]
Yeah, I think that font is called, "Neh." Can't stand it.

I'm so funny I cry myself to sleep.

Originally posted by neh@Jan 7 2005, 12:20 PM
ur first example is relevant ur second aint though carter IS getting up from a ruck and that tackle aint late man i tell ya this game is VERY promising!
That's not the point. The point is the animation glitch where Carter is lying on the ground one frame and the next frame he is turned around.

The thing I like about this little scene is that Carter gets up very quickly.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 7 2005, 11:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 7 2005, 11:27 AM)</div>
Originally posted by neh@Jan 7 2005, 11:25 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Jan 7 2005, 11:21 AM
And, I can't stand the italicized font they use at the very end, where it says all the legal stuff/Union copyrights etc.  I can't stand that look.

<
Yeah, I think that font is called, "Neh." Can't stand it.

I'm so funny I cry myself to sleep. [/b]
u come across as a guy that has alot fun on ur own capitaan

Originally posted by JJ-+Jan 7 2005, 11:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Jan 7 2005, 11:27 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-neh
@Jan 7 2005, 12:20 PM
That's not the point. The point is the animation glitch where Carter is lying on the ground one frame and the next frame he is turned around.

The thing I like about this little scene is that Carter gets up very quickly. [/b]
lol just looked into that tru dat u musta scanned this movie for flaws quite thoroughly aye!

Sort of, I was just looking at stuff in the background as sometimes that is more interesting than what they're trying to show you.