• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Multimedia

U

umosay

So you don't all get lost in the Rugby 2005 thread looking for screens, movies etc post them in here..

First Rugby 2005 footage here
Screen caps here

Just to get things started

big3.jpg

Thank the lord! But the link doesn't seem to be working.. Atleast not for me.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 5 2005, 10:27 PM
Thank the lord! But the link doesn't seem to be working.. Atleast not for me.
damn, host keeps going down lately :/

God damn. That means your site is down as well I guess? God damn. Where else can I go to view it? They don't have anything on EA Australia.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 5 2005, 10:32 PM
God damn. That means your site is down as well I guess? God damn. Where else can I go to view it? They don't have anything on EA Australia.
Oh, did you mean the clip link isn't working? I thought you were talking about my site. That link is the only place that has the clip so far

you sure this doesn't work?

Cheers umosay. I don't know what went wrong last time. Are we allowed to discuss the videos in here or is it just for people posting new information?

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 5 2005, 10:50 PM
Cheers umosay. I don't know what went wrong last time. Are we allowed to discuss the videos in here or is it just for people posting new information?
Sure, discuss away

video looks pretty good, although i thin kwe're all gonna reserve judgement at least until we see some actual in game footage. Glad no one is getting too excited about it though, if we expect nothing we'll not be disappointed!

At least the graphics have improved significantly since Rugby 2004. Have to reserve judgement on how it plays until a demo is released.

well guys this video is really excityng,but im still afraid.
I started liking rugby because of the speed and the continuity of the game...pls don't let me remember that sad change of view at every game break.
If they can make a decent game of rugby with that graphic and with those licences i'll never stop playin.
<

Argh! It's a zip file! Can't download at work.

Anyone know of a way of gidging (new word!) it into an .mpg, .mpeg, .wmv file?

Or will I have to wait? Umo, your site still seems to be down (just letting you know).

Muse Cubed, thanks for the screens -- well done.

They look very . . . EA-ish. The second one (the stadium corner shot) scares me, as I can just see that 'choose your scrum/lineout' menu pop up, and I instictively want to punch something.

But, players look much better, though almost out-of-place. Can't put my finger on it. Then again, these are screens caught in motion, so I'll need to see more before passing judgement.

I want more though, and that is a good thing.

How do we know these arent intro clips

coz in 2004 the intro looked like these pics

then the game was 2d looking

besides the still shots always look pretty good

whether they move smoothly is another story

i can only hope i spose - but i'll rent b4 i buy, unless the locks gives a good rap when he plays the near finished version.

that is the voodoo cam of scrum/line-out set play pop menu thats for sure captain.

hopefullly this time, u can intervene in the set play and make ur own decisions on the flo, if the set play isnt working out

man those set plays were sick when they were pulled off in 2004 - if only it was smooth

also why does it say "maori team will be doing the motion capture"
if the game is less than 3 months away - shouldnt all the motion capture be complete - i am no guru, but i thought motion capture was one of the 1st things done when making a game. with 3 months to go, they should ironing out the kinks like rule debacles that was in 2004, and shoddy glitches etc.

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 6 2005, 08:45 AM
also why does it say "maori team will be doing the motion capture"
if the game is less than 3 months away - shouldnt all the motion capture be complete - i am no guru, but i thought motion capture was one of the 1st things done when making a game. with 3 months to go, they should ironing out the kinks like rule debacles that was in 2004, and shoddy glitches etc.
They did the motion with the Maori's when they came over to North America and smacked us and Canada in the Churchill Cup in the beginning of summer -- so that's been and done.

I think they're just touting, "Hey, we got the Maori's!"

And it's politically incorrect to hate the Maori's, so it should sell more games.

I hope the ridiculousness of that last statement is not lost on any of yous.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 6 2005, 10:19 AM
First look at a ruck....
rugby200528.jpg

Reminds me of Rugby 2001...
The good thing is we can presume that the French only just arrived while the Irish were nowhere in sight except Stringer who quickly gets it out.

None of that, "Now we have to have a full-on ruck to get the ball out."

Promising.

Right now, though, I'm excited that they got the Irish and French team colors right, as well as spelling Gilbert correctly.

It's the little things that bring my heart joy.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 6 2005, 11:19 AM
First look at a ruck....
rugby200528.jpg

lol, that's hardly a ruck! theres only ywo irish guys... i don't think you can judge them on that. Also the tackle sound effects sound a lot better than 04! they were atrocious

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 6 2005, 11:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 6 2005, 11:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Jan 6 2005, 10:19 AM
First look at a ruck....
rugby200528.jpg

The good thing is we can presume that the French only just arrived while the Irish were nowhere in sight except Stringer who quickly gets it out. [/b]
Good point, I like that. It looks as if the second Irish guy got there quickly and freed it for the Stringer, and then the French came through.
I've just been looking at the ruck scene a few more times and noticed that the French guys arm goes right through the Irish guy. No biggy as you would hardly notice when playing, I just hope it doesn't indicate bigger problems with the collision detection system. Probably not though, since Fifa's engine would have a fairly decent one, wouldn't it?
Originally posted by umosay+Jan 6 2005, 11:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 6 2005, 11:57 AM)</div>
Also the tackle sound effects sound a lot better than 04! they were atrocious[/b]
Yeah I noticed how good the sound effects were too. None of those bizarre noises from 04.
Another Edit - I've just been checking the video out again, and saw another little animation problem - In the 32nd second (when Umaga gets tackled without the ball) you can see Daniel Carter in the background also getting tackled. His body then turns around 180 degrees, with no animation, before he gets up. He does get up quickly which is good.

I know I know, I'm being very picky. But I think I can be, if HB are screwing up things that make it into the trailer we should be at least a little bit concerned?

<!--QuoteBegin-Muse_Cubed
@Jan 6 2005, 03:19 AM
walesdump28vx.jpg
On a more positive note, I love this scene. The All Blacks blindside flanker (Thorne or Gibbes??) breaks from the scrum and smashes the Welsh No.8 who also looks as if he'd broken from the scrum.

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 6 2005, 08:45 AM
How do we know these arent intro clips

coz in 2004 the intro looked like these pics

then the game was 2d looking

besides the still shots always look pretty good

whether they move smoothly is another story

i can only hope i spose - but i'll rent b4 i buy, unless the locks gives a good rap when he plays the near finished version.
good point..i remember downloading the trailer for rugby 04 at school and showing all the boyz
..and i was like..."wow...this is awesome"
then i played it when my cousin brought it over...
and i was like..."well...this is ****.."

irelandtack1nd.jpg

Ballymore, isn't it gorgeous? By the way, I hope the trees and background scenery in 2005 arn't as bad as 2004. The trees there look the same as in 04.

How do you take screen shots from the video?

Latest posts