• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2005 Multimedia

Press CTRL+C then open up paint or whatever and CTRL+V

Gutted50.gif

You can't seee the detail as well in this but you get the general idea (for those having problems with the video)

JJ, that's the first motion I've seen of this game -- thanks.

Is Betsen saying, "merde,"?

Do you think that same animation will be used by every other team when something wrong happens? When you score 16 tries against the States, will Hercus say, "merde,"? -- These are the things that keep me up most nights.

Ok, here's my thoughts on the video for what they're worth!

Yes, the graphics are an improvement over 04, and the faces are far far better.... but, no, sorry, BUT BUT BUT

The colours, animations and dodgy collision remind me far too much of Rugby 2004! I'll reserve my judgement till I play it in a couple of weeks!

Originally posted by locksley@Jan 6 2005, 02:40 PM
Ok, here's my thoughts on the video for what they're worth!

Yes, the graphics are an improvement over 04, and the faces are far far better.... but, no, sorry, BUT BUT BUT

The colours, animations and dodgy collision remind me far too much of Rugby 2004! I'll reserve my judgement till I play it in a couple of weeks!
You don't like the animations? they look nothing like rugby2004... they look smooth and actually look tough, i don't think there were any big hits in 2004. Too early to tell yet

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 6 2005, 12:59 PM
irelandtack1nd.jpg

Ballymore, isn't it gorgeous? By the way, I hope the trees and background scenery in 2005 arn't as bad as 2004. The trees there look the same as in 04.

How do you take screen shots from the video?
Yeah the trees still look shocking

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 6 2005, 01:51 PM
Was it here, or some forum in my mind where we were loving the way the clouds looked in the Rugby 2004 screens?

Originally posted by captainamerica+Jan 6 2005, 01:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Jan 6 2005, 01:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Jan 6 2005, 01:51 PM

Was it here, or some forum in my mind where we were loving the way the clouds looked in the Rugby 2004 screens? [/b]
it was here man

i remember the cloud fan

when i got the game i realised they were the best part of rugby 2004

i reckon the clouds will go well in rugby 2005 - atleast its nothing they had to revamp

qantas.JPG

Why does Georgey boy have his hands in his pockets? We're not that disrespectful.

P.S. I didn't know that shot was so shocking. Village Photos suck.

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 6 2005, 01:59 PM
qantas.JPG

Why does Georgey boy have his hands in his pockets? We're not that disrespectful.

coz they got some kiwi chick to sing the anthem and screw it up

georgie rightfully so has had enough

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 6 2005, 03:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 6 2005, 03:04 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jan 6 2005, 01:59 PM
qantas.JPG

coz they got some kiwi chick to sing the anthem and screw it up

georgie rightfully so has had enough [/b]
Nah he doesnt have his hands in his pockets, i checked it... hes swinging his hands and they go through his body, go to the england bit that is the same and see.

There seems to be a little bit of doubt about the graphics, so I thought I'd bring up this comparison...

4815anthem_oz.jpg

A screenshot on the official EA website!
rugby200514.jpg

A cut&copy from a video. The players are no longer wearing body armour.
The graphics of the players are good, I think.

My only problem so far is with some slightly dodgey looking animations.

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 6 2005, 09:18 PM
My only problem so far is with some slightly dodgey looking animations.
Examples?

Looking @ that 04 screenie, you can only tell who one player is, the rugby2005 graphics especially players are great and i don't think anyone could deny it! Thats a screenie from the trailer aswell, not very high quality... wait till we get official screens - also the brighter yellow looks really good compared to the old dull one.

Off topic but cricket 2006 should be decent now

anyone having trouble with the clip it is now on filefront too

http://news.filefront.com/Rugby_2005_Trailer_Released/

Hahaha, I forgot how the Rugby 2004 models looked like they had a rod up their arse. Who's doing the commentary?

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Jan 6 2005, 11:43 PM
Hahaha, I forgot how the Rugby 2004 models looked like they had a rod up their arse. Who's doing the commentary?
You guess is as good as mine.

Just not that invedale prick and gorden 'im reading from a script' bray

Originally posted by umosay+Jan 6 2005, 11:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Jan 6 2005, 11:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Muse_Cubed
@Jan 6 2005, 11:43 PM
Hahaha, I forgot how the Rugby 2004 models looked like they had a rod up their arse.  Who's doing the commentary?
You guess is as good as mine.

Just not that invedale prick and gorden 'im reading from a script' bray [/b]
John Inverdale would be alright. As long as it's not Stuart Barnes...........

CO-hen is running! No one...willstop him. CO-hen is tackled on his own 5 metre line. etc.

Originally posted by robbinho@Jan 7 2005, 04:19 AM
CO....

....HEN
Genius.
<

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Bring back Bill.

I don't care if he's retired or in Scotland.

For the love of god, get him.

Latest posts