• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006 Rules

S

Stormers

This is not a wishlist, but I do feel we might need to add all the rules that are missed by EA in this topic. Maybe then just send this off to them and this will improve 2006 tremendously.

For one thing, if they awarded penalties for late tackles, I would concede a host of penalties per game and thus lose more often (I think)

Anyway this is what they need to fix....

1) Penalties for
1.1) late tackles
1.2) tackling in the air
1.3) computer players not falling back to behind the offside line and making the tackles (that is still offside)
2) There are a host of forward passes which are never given (all by computer)

The advantage rule. If a team has advantage for a penalty a kick does not concede advantage as the kicking team will not a have the throw....

Anything else please post it here and maybe we can mail it all to the guys at EA!?

Originally posted by Stormers@Apr 9 2005, 12:53 AM
This is not a wishlist, but I do feel we might need to add all the rules that are missed by EA in this topic. Maybe then just send this off to them and this will improve 2006 tremendously.

For one thing, if they awarded penalties for late tackles, I would concede a host of penalties per game and thus lose more often (I think)

Anyway this is what they need to fix....

1) Penalties for
1.1) late tackles
1.2) tackling in the air
1.3) computer players not falling back to behind the offside line and making the tackles (that is still offside)
2) There are a host of forward passes which are never given (all by computer)

The advantage rule. If a team has advantage for a penalty a kick does not concede advantage as the kicking team will not a have the throw....

Anything else please post it here and maybe we can mail it all to the guys at EA!?
I think though that you are confusing rule mistakes with bad representation graphically of the AI's take on what is happening....

I will address your concerns individually.............=

- late tackles - I don't want them to change this - already commited to the tackle IS a rule already...and it changes the accuracy of the kick ang angle due to pressure (crucial aspect of playing ahrd AI)

- There is no tackling in the air....it is an animation glitch...the same thing happens with out a tackler - play the game more you will see....he is just turning sideways and coming down to the ground.....there is no intention - so why a penalty?

- The computer players not falling back.....Fair enough! Is incorrect.....
BUT - experts at hard will know that when they are struggling to get back like this, the line becomes jagged - this is when you can break their divided line with gap running, skip balls or crash balls etc.......best time in fact to run it ironically.

Guess they could play advantage...but i would certainly want to play on as it stands....

- The forward pass during set plays is simply this:

MAKE the friggin tackle well, OR they are going to continue the move and the pass to achieve it no matter where they or the receiver have anded up...It 's a friggin game...But it is not a misunderstanding of the rules.

I look at this a smy own fault for not being able to catch him properly......the rest is just a bad graphical depiction of what has occurred....

But YES - it does need to be cleared up.

<

What about actual rule errors??? =

- charge down is their throw to line-out.

- All kicks dead that are not DGs are scrums back where they were kicked from

- ability to make multiple substitutions.......

- positional switches also

- when someone kicks a mark outside of the 22 it doesn't come back to where he kicked it!!?
<

- extra time is a set amount of time with halves.

Those IMO are rule changes that need immediate addressing for the sake of realism. It's all good stuff though.
<

-

Pretty much agree with everything you have said, Los. One thing that annoys me, though, is that the computer pretty much hardly ever awards a penalty against the AI. I have bombarded the try line for extended periods of time in many games since I got the game on 18th of May. I have, to date, been awarded ONE penalty try (admittedly these should be rare) and ONE penalty kick (now these are most definitely not rare in real rugby).

Improving rules for gameplay simulation is a must (although a lot better this time around), but there needs to be more rule breaks by the AI opposition players (not all the time, but a few each match) that allow you to go for penalties rather than just constantly banging away at the line. Tries are fun, but I like the variety of the occassional penalty too. God knows, I give a couple away myself every match!

I am constantly awarded penalty tries. Seemingly anytime that you win a lineout with your first jumper within the opposition 22 and push the maul (with all forards in it) towards the line the AI will bring it down. Kick for the corner, do the same thing from about 5m and the AI will bring it down again rather than concede a try. Almost 60% of the time this will result in a penalty try. If it doesn't, kick for touch and do it again and you'll get it the second time. Plus normally they'll get a player sin binned.

Same thing if you can push a 5m scrum... though occasionally they don't bring it down and you can have your 8 just touch it down.

I don't want LOTS of penalty tries. That is just fine for me. I want SOME penalty kicks. By my reckoning, you should have at least one every game. Teams with poorer discipline should give away more.

I usually go for touch when i'm ten metres out 6 metres in. Get a five metre line-out and even england r collapsing as soon as i bring ball down.

I'd rather not have a lot of collapsing penalties either. Be nice to see some penalites during the normal run of play by AI. I mean in a normal game there are at least 10 penalties total.

And france conceed much more. Have not kicked a penalty goal yet on the game cos they aren't givin penalties out of try scoring range but in goal range. It is stupid. Injury time goes for tooo long. After some pressure from a team an opposition generally ahead will give away a penalty to give losing team a chance. Why not this?

Tackling in air....

Well I make a point of jumping for the ball when they hoist it up there, and I can asure you they nail me in the air. Also why should they omit late tackles it is part of the rules and should be enforced...... otherwise I can just nail the next receiver and the next and force the move to break down. This is not NFL....

It is terribly annoying when you setup quick phase posesion and some idioot didnt fall back behind the last feet in the ruck/maul and makes the tackle exactly where you are... even worse he wins a turn-over.... That's not right, if I stray beyond the off-side line, they get a penalty and is something that should be changed....

The other stuff I agree with, players should be able to change position during the game. Also they should ad quick throws at the line outs.

Another problem although this is gameplay, is the fact that when you tackle someone away from the rest of the players, your player can not get up and re-gather the ball. They just lie there waiting for someone to forma ruck.... truly annoying.

And they need to have to actually have the CPU commit penalties, ive never kicked more than a single penalty goal in a match once while playing a non-human oppentent

Originally posted by Los Lover@Apr 8 2005, 01:27 PM

-
No. You get the choice, Scrum from where it was kicked or 22, hence if there is a chip put through on the 5m line, the 22m dropout is usually the preferred option.

Originally posted by woodie+Apr 9 2005, 11:18 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woodie @ Apr 9 2005, 11:18 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
@Apr 8 2005, 01:27 PM

-
No. You get the choice, Scrum from where it was kicked or 22, hence if there is a chip put through on the 5m line, the 22m dropout is usually the preferred option. [/b]
Ah...yes! very good...I stand corrected on that one....
<

Stormers - good call on the quick line-outs and

f***!!!!!!!!!

Chiefs about to kick off..forgot'

have to go...
<

Yeah penalties....

The only time the AI does something wrong is when you throw at 2 in the lineout in their 22 and drive for the line. They collapse you get the penalty... This is annoying, as this does not always happen in rugby, but aLWAYS IN THE GAME

It is once again tough being South African.... the Blues are all over the Cats...

Anyway....

How about a high tackle rule

Let me explain....

If you run into the ball carries he gets tackled, however, if you press button 2 you make a diving tackle. Now if you miss-time the the diving tackle, the player might go into a bit high and hence a penalty. They have done this if you tackle too late, with the ankle tap thing.

WE NEED MORE PENALTIES!

LOL
<

Latest posts