• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006 Wishlist

H

Handsomebob

My wishlist for 2006.

Global :

- More teams : Complete French top 16, Zurich premiership, Celtic league, Curie cup, NPC
- Licences…….real kits / Real names
- Franchise mode ( see below)
- Better AI : No more of that Gap between the 12 and 13 in the AI defence
- Ability to choose your set plays: Tactical set-up menu allows you to choose 4 set plays from a list of plays.
- Set plays from rucks / Mauls / scrums and lineout
- Set plays for the forwards from scrums or lineout
- Different types of lineout (3 / 6 players or full lineout)
- Better Kicking system ( a little more power / accuracy )
- Off Loads !!!!!!!!!!!
- Celebrations scenes after winning a big event
- Game highlights at the end of the game
- Better commentary : more lines of commentary
- Player form…….updated before each game (again think PES)
- Team chemistry, player morale
- Ability to move player spot during the game, if I want my center to finish the game at fullback, I should be allowed to do it…….
- Ability to choose kits before the game
- Different styles of refereeing ( NH ---SH style)
- More differences in team styles…..some teams should insist with forward play, some others should rely on their kicking game etc…
- Ability to save replays
- Rugby shop: unlockables…….teams / historic players /game modes

Game modes

Franchise mode:

Like in Madden or other Easports ***les, the Rugby franchise should benefit of the addition of a franchise mode. To make it work, it would have to work the same way as in madden:

Manage you’re team for 50 season (with the ability to change team during any off-season) Build a successful team both economically and on the pitch. Find the next superstar players and sign them to long term deals….build a powerhouse rugby team.

- Ability to sign players to contracts of different length.
- Salary cap (each team as the same amount of money to sign players and deal with all the contracts.)
- Player’s progression: relative to season performance during the season….overall ability goes up or down
- Player hot / cold streak
- Roster updated every off season with 5 â€" 10 youth players…….
- Training camp: gain overall ability points during the off-season with passing / kicking / tackling drills.
- Team fame: A winning team is more attractive to players; build some fame to be able to sign superstar players.
- Rugby world magazine : Magazine which keeps you updated with the interesting news on teams and players

World league:

- Player search engine: allows you to find player based on different criteria and to compare 2 players.
- Stats for best try scorer and point scorer for each division.
- Best try scorer / Point scorer gives you bonus trade points (Like in PES)
- More stats: Compiled team & Player stats, stats rankings etc.
- Ability to start with original team roster like in PES
- More points at the start of the game.
- Practice mode: ability to hit the practice pitch to regulate the condition of your players

Add more of your toughts ...........

Your onto it handsomebob.

Theres a few things that I (hmm, disagree is the wrong word), er, would do slightly differently in your list (like instead of 50 years, say 20 or 30), but more or less your pretty well there.

As for the Rugby World mag, I think thats a great idea, but I was thinking more along the lines of perhaps an internet news site, EA could get www.planet-rugby.com on board and that way it works both ways, a real life (and respected) news source plus some good advertising for them.

I don't really feel like writing a big long post this time, so I might come back to this a bit later.

Great ideas tho handsomebob.

Jamie Gough

this is not american football, this is rugby. there is no franchise. get a life

pretty much sums it up. I've had the same feeling that I want 2006 to come out asap now to fix the problems in 2005. I feel that the EA franchise is very nearly there. its a shame its taking so long.

Originally posted by umaga@Mar 21 2005, 11:26 PM
Lol.

Umaga, didn't you just say on another thread that people should stop being so negitive?

Personally I think franchise modes add to the longjevity (errgh, spelling?!) of a game. But who am I to judge.

Jamie Gough

i guess so jamie. but i dont want out australisiann-british game being yankanised thank you please

Originally posted by umaga@Mar 21 2005, 11:26 PM
Is that so.........wow, great answer man.

Try to think about it in a different way, the principle of the game mode works just fine, you just need to adapt it to rugby....... that's it

whatever....

Originally posted by umaga+Mar 21 2005, 11:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umaga @ Mar 21 2005, 11:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-candybum
@Mar 21 2005, 11:31 PM
right on bro
cheers [/b]
must admit im not partial to calling it "franchise" either. sounds like bloody mcDonalds.

Manager would suffice
<

Originally posted by Inertia+Mar 22 2005, 02:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Inertia @ Mar 22 2005, 02:17 AM)</div>
Originally posted by umaga@Mar 21 2005, 11:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-candybum
right on bro

cheers
must admit im not partial to calling it "franchise" either. sounds like bloody mcDonalds.

Manager would suffice
<
[/b]
exactly.

message to EA do not yankasnise rugby 2006. keep the britishness
<

If it's only about wordz......we can call it whatever the F*** you like, the interest would still be the same.
"Manager mode" sounds good to me

How about 'Business Modeling and Analytical Prossessing Resolution Mode' - I think it runs off the tounge!

Whatever you call it - it doesn't matter, just put it in. All the 'effort' that is put into World League, and all we really want is to play year on year Super 12, Zurcih Cup etc - World League is fictional so does not belong in a Rugby sim!

My opinion - I'm sticking to it!

I actually rather World League mode. Much more fun making signings. Perhaps if you could start out with the proper players and also make additional signings then that'd be perfect.

I don't like world league that much I wish u could do the same sort of thing but only play real championships like the super 12 not vs all the random english teams no offence I would rather just play the super 12 comp and buy players from around the world also giving u opitions at the end of the season to go overseas and compete in the English Comp and also change teams in the super 12 like move to the blues for the brumbies.

Just one thing for now - REMATCH!

That they've left off a "rematch" button at the end of a friendly game is insane.

And I think the biggest improvement they can make for the next version is 1) a completely new mechanic for winning rucks; and 2) the defensive AI.

Then little things like getting your 1st five onto the front foot, and in open play stopping the AI kicker from landing the ball with pinpoint accuracy every damn kick they take.

Originally posted by umaga+Mar 22 2005, 02:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umaga @ Mar 22 2005, 02:19 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Inertia@Mar 22 2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by umaga@Mar 21 2005, 11:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-candybum
right on bro

cheers

Manager would suffice
<
exactly.

message to EA do not yankasnise rugby 2006. keep the britishness
<
[/b]
Storm. Teacup. bullshit.

*walks away*

umuga,what do you have agaist the us people who enjoy the rugby games?geuss you never play the maddens,mvp's or other great (american) games.if everyone thought like you,no one would ever try new things to see what interest them.i myself have the new rugby 2005 and enjoy playing even though i dont really know all the rules of the game,but im learning. dont be so negative about things.this is not the first post that you have been so negative.

U CANT CALL IT FRANCHISE MODE
I DONT KNOW ANY RUGBY TEAMS THAT ARE FRANCHISES

how bout "Club Mode"

coz 99% of them are RUFC's, or RFC's

we cannot group all career modes as franchise modes
a career and a franchise are 2 separate things in real life
its only coz NFL teams and most US sport teams are franchises that Madden and NBA call that mode "franchise"

some kids prolly reckon by now that a franchise is an american sporting team, when reality a franchise has its own definition in business terms.

Latest posts