• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 28 2005, 04:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jul 28 2005, 04:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-GarVanNeath
@Jul 26 2005, 08:30 AM
Like most of the threads on this site, this has de-generated into a rambling slanging match (last 2 threads excepted).

It originally started with a discussion of Rugby 2006.

2 phrases sum it up :

1. We need better gameplay.
2. Any info about R2006 would be welcome !

i guess we'll be playing on the X Box 360 and PS3 by the time R2006 comes out.
Biggest problems with Rugby 2005 that need to be fixed are:

*Passing!
-Passing was no where near responsive enough! If a tackler was in position for a tackle (even 5 metres away from you), then you couldn't pass!!! This meant that there were no offloads and drawing your man was very bloody hard. Ontop of that cut out passes were too high and floaty (which sorta makes them useless) and intercepts were virtually impossible.

*Rucks
-the rucks need to be far more interactive! You should have some controll over whether your player can stand on his feet and then be able to go for the ball

*Scrums/Line outs
-both were ok, but there needs to be much more deapth here... esp line outs where you could only have one length.

*AI
-possibly one of the biggest problems in the game is how useless the AI is! They are so incredibly predictable and slow in attack that they only ever score tries through freakish opportunism...

*Graphics
-a massive leap over 2004, but the stadiums and feild markings are still pretty pathetic... The constant littering of the EA logo on the feild is pretty stupid as it takes away from the atmosphere! Why bother getting all the licenses if your not even gonna use em?

*Special moves
-Side steps, palms etc were far too in effective... they need to be easier to pull off to and with better and more varied animation.

*kicking/ball physics
-kicking and ball physics were again a major problem in this game. Grubbers would sometimes bounce back 15 metres in the direction of your own goal line FFS! This needs to be fixed.

*The lions
-One of the most thoughtless things HB did. How they could go to the trouble of securing the Lions license and then not make it possible to play AGAINST them was simply ridiculous and idiotic!

*Franchise mode.
-the world league was a joke in my opinion... we need a proper all encompassing franchise system like the one that will be in the upcoming NRL game! I want to be able to play as the Waratahs, then select a Wallabies squad for the pre TN tests and the TN and then go and tour Europe at the end of the year! It should be a 15 year cycle so you can have several RWC campeigns and a shot at the lions too! [/b]
<

AMEN

<

Now please correct the above immediately HB.

you only missed one thing.. the annoying bug when the backline wasent set, so the halfback would drill the ball as hard as he could without looking so that the ball went at least 30m behind your team.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 28 2005, 03:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jul 28 2005, 03:39 PM)</div>
Like most of the threads on this site, this has de-generated into a rambling slanging match (last 2 threads excepted).

2 phrases sum it up :

*Passing!
-Passing was no where near responsive enough! If a tackler was in position for a tackle (even 5 metres away from you), then you couldn't pass!!! This meant that there were no offloads and drawing your man was very bloody hard. Ontop of that cut out passes were too high and floaty (which sorta makes them useless) and intercepts were virtually impossible.

*Rucks
-the rucks need to be far more interactive! You should have some controll over whether your player can stand on his feet and then be able to go for the ball

*Scrums/Line outs
-both were ok, but there needs to be much more deapth here... esp line outs where you could only have one length.

*AI
-possibly one of the biggest problems in the game is how useless the AI is! They are so incredibly predictable and slow in attack that they only ever score tries through freakish opportunism...

*Graphics
-a massive leap over 2004, but the stadiums and feild markings are still pretty pathetic... The constant littering of the EA logo on the feild is pretty stupid as it takes away from the atmosphere! Why bother getting all the licenses if your not even gonna use em?

*Special moves
-Side steps, palms etc were far too in effective... they need to be easier to pull off to and with better and more varied animation.

*kicking/ball physics
-kicking and ball physics were again a major problem in this game. Grubbers would sometimes bounce back 15 metres in the direction of your own goal line FFS! This needs to be fixed.

*The lions
-One of the most thoughtless things HB did. How they could go to the trouble of securing the Lions license and then not make it possible to play AGAINST them was simply ridiculous and idiotic!

*Franchise mode.
-the world league was a joke in my opinion... we need a proper all encompassing franchise system like the one that will be in the upcoming NRL game! I want to be able to play as the Waratahs, then select a Wallabies squad for the pre TN tests and the TN and then go and tour Europe at the end of the year! It should be a 15 year cycle so you can have several RWC campeigns and a shot at the lions too! [/b]
You missed the offside problems.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 28 2005, 07:10 PM
We also need the Computer A.I to commit Penalties on a regular basis...
They do... they just don't get penelised for em! As Teh Mite pointed out, the AI offside needs to be fixed so this doesn't happen.

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 28 2005, 10:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jul 28 2005, 10:28 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 28 2005, 07:10 PM
We also need the Computer A.I to commit Penalties on a regular basis...
They do... they just don't get penelised for em! As Teh Mite pointed out, the AI offside needs to be fixed so this doesn't happen. [/b]
ironic you should say that - destroying a team actually relied on stretching a team so that they were split between offside and on side - then you split their split line with a long or a short ball...

this was, ironically, EXACTLY how you beat the D...NOT how the D beat you....

iF YOU WANNA WIN THE WORLD CUP (sorry acidental caps)...with like fiji or samoa....then you better hope for the split line...

Pre-pass allows great tries.......you do however need co-ordination....
<

<

sotty bro....

'But you can play with rugby 2005 with a lot of fun and skill. with short balls and all sorts of pre-pass, long ball mix maguc....if you can play gamer w/ gamer v. cpu...it is a lot of fun.

<

and the R analogue stick moves DO work - they just require PES 4 40 yard free kick into the top corner skill - yes, the game can be owned - but you have to be bothered.

<

which isn't easy at first, given its shortcomings.

my posts elsewhwre are disappearing....

I think I am being fazed out by nzl fan.......****! it's like the mods and justice went on holiday for the last couple of days!!!

Anyway...AK! enjoy the cricket!! I wish I could add to the posts I started, but aparently I am out of here -like free speech in Kansas.

Rasssie and co...good luck with the tri nations...
<
.....You guys will win this first tri nations game (and I just wanna say, as a kiwi, that I am stoked the team is close to the line-up it should be - and the ol' 'Henry' n the tackle ball is coming out...we won't tell (lol!!!!!)).....

Ripper...sorry we don't see eye to eye...but then I never PMed you weirdo!!

Otherwise -god bless you

Caps you are a rare breed - both funny and genuinely intelligent. I have enjoyed your comments, tho they have been scarce of late.

Kaftka.....you are intelligent, forthright, and thorughly annoying...god bless ya to..

NZL fan has won...the mods have ruined democracy....and it wil not be until normalcy has returned here once again, that I will bother posting again........(of the last 8 postst I made (all run past a fellow poster as atest - for they abused no one and addressed no one a- except YOU - NZL FaN -THE ONYL DLELEER HERE (GO ON DLELETE THIS TOO - YOU THINK IT HASN'T BEEN CUT AND PASTE AND GONE ELSEWHERE? gO ON.......Keep looking
<
<
No,....see I know people here OUTSIDE of the forum......and your fake autocracy doesn't erase that transfer of information mate.

<

The truth finds a way.

Oh, and and as a mod, you should know that quality + quantity makes your fly-infested ****-rag of a selection of posts look like the mass 20 normal posts it is. Why don'y you get real.

Where are the intelligent mods to deal with this friggin' maverick (yes, thuis has been multiple PMed and separately emialed too Nzl fan, so give it up dick).

Democracy don't like ya, and neither do I!!!

AK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post the deleted message that I CC'd you on.....NZL Fan can't get away with this f^%&ing BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help me bro!!!!!!

<

Los I am sure you will be missed even if you did get carried a way a bit during the lion series. I know I will miss your posts about how consoles are supereior (sp) and other matters. With the numerous bugs/problems fixed rugby 2006 could be an awesome especially if online play is included with the improved gameplay

Originally posted by esoj@Jul 29 2005, 01:14 AM
Los I am sure you will be missed even if you did get carried a way a bit during the lion series. I know I will miss your posts about how consoles are supereior (sp) and other matters. With the numerous bugs/problems fixed rugby 2006 could be an awesome especially if online play is included with the improved gameplay
cariied away meaning:

"the ABs will destrot the lions 13+ in every game....."

What happened again....?

I know esoj...I am not having a go at U at all bro..I am just saying, it was only outrageous etc...b/c it seemed outrageous -but I was proved right. I judge the ABs and the Lions accurately. NZL fan is just gone power crazy b/c backin the day I showed him up. NZL fan - what;s your beef bro? Why steal so much time from some one with no true reason - That is really rough bro!

<

what's wrong with you?

(cue ridiculous excuses for unfair treatment - sorry, bro, you ain't getting off easy)

<

well?

hey, it's cool, you have, like, totslly proved yourself neutral and non-judgmental..........of course you should be able to dictate what comes and goes even if your posts are in three figures.....

<

<
<

<

What about Caps.....he is ten times the mod you are you side taking chump with the iq of road kill.

Uh . . . .what the hell happened?

Benchwarmer Chris -- I like it when the scrumhalf chucks the ball behind your players and it rolls a mile and a half. Seriously. You have to make sure your flyhalf is in position. Doesn't matter if you want to run a set play, if you're backs are moving around and you try to force something, you should get screwed. It's a video game.

Originally posted by 187@Jul 29 2005, 11:24 AM
i thought this thread was about Rugby 2006?
It's about what NZL fan decides he wants in the thread...you have just posted under the watchful eye of Big Brother.

You have been warned.

and rugby 2006.......what rugby 2006?

THAT is what we are talking about.

<

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jul 29 2005, 06:48 AM
Uh . . . .what the hell happened?

Benchwarmer Chris -- I like it when the scrumhalf chucks the ball behind your players and it rolls a mile and a half. Seriously. You have to make sure your flyhalf is in position. Doesn't matter if you want to run a set play, if you're backs are moving around and you try to force something, you should get screwed. It's a video game.
im talking about when you go to pass and it turns out your flyhalf is still running around in circles.

wait for him to stop running around in circles, doesn't take that long, unless you have seen a bug i havn't.. o_O

Originally posted by sanzar+Jul 28 2005, 03:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Jul 28 2005, 03:39 PM)</div>

2 phrases sum it up :

*Passing!

*Rucks

*Scrums/Line outs

*AI

*Graphics

*Special moves

*kicking/ball physics

*The lions

*Franchise mode.
Just to add to that:

*Weather!!! The Weather in Rugby 2005 was worse than any other sports game out there! Each stadium had fixed weather and time of day... Why on earth they didn't give you a customisable option to select these things for any of the stadiums is simply bazaar.

Originally posted by sanzar@Jul 28 2005, 03:39 PM
*Rucks
I also thought I'd add to this ^ point (which is also in the Rugby Challenge sec):

-Rucks: In my opinion rucks need to be FAR more interactive. The tackle button should have an extra option that allows you to fight to stay on your feet and try to steel the ball! So if you tackle an isolated winger, then unless he can fight you to the ground long enough to get support, then you should have ample opportunity at getting the ball. There should also be an option that allows you to try and turn a tackler in the tackle, but doing so may lead to the tackle being proken. If it is successful however, you should be abble to quickly select all your forwards to steamroll the ruck. On the other side you should be able to control both when and how you release the ball... If you have plenty of forward support you can place it quickly and far away from your body, but if you have minimal support you should be able to release it close to your body to make it harder to steel... and of course if you are in danger of losing the ball you should be able to try and hold onto the ball, but at the risk of getting penelised. As for your forwards, you should be able to do 2 things: with the first few, be able to provide adaquate protection of the ball for the half back and then if the other team try to steam roll over, then you should be able to send additional forwards to clear out the ruck!

all of that might be bit too complicated to fit into a ruck situation but i think some would be able to be implented like hold onto ball or release the ball and try to turn in tackle could be another tackle button. remember that the game will need to reach as many people as possible and I don't think i want it to be that fiddly to play could be very frustrating like it is now.

Latest posts