Anyone heard if there is going tobe a rugby 2006? Any news about it?
Good ideas, but I'm pretty sure HB studios will not "hand draw" anything, thus leaving us with that major lack of responsiveness gliche...........Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 4 2005, 07:50 PM
I think, although game is heavily flawed, that it was very close to greatness...
changes they MUST make if I am to buy and definitely would, note there aren't many.......but there could be more, just that these are crucial.
- Tours with any team and choice of being toured by side etc....this applies to Lions tours too....very disappointing in rugby 2005 that you couldn't host the Lions
- POP BALLS
- More handdrawn animations to avoid inability to make late calls to pass or step etc....more random style of play depending on team and style etc
- in-game subs made in pairs or more...
- Even better graphics (the one thing you know they'll do, but don't need to waste time on too much, minor tweak if gameplay key will do fine)
- the right analogue stick idea was well-intensioned but must go....back to pairs of shoulder buttons and direction held at time etc instead
- long balls are double click not hold the button down.....although if animation problem (game ruiner) is resolved then there might be adequate time to do this more relaistically and successfully and the passes need to be different, more random and not float, they must be able to be run on to etc etc etc...
Sort this out at the VERY LEAST and EA will make one more sale.
True, true and true,Originally posted by excitation@Jul 6 2005, 03:09 AM
online, online and well, online.
maybe go even deeper then that don't just control a nation control your nations Rugby Union. Manage the Unions finances play out the Domestic Unions seasons and ultimately lead your Union to World Cup Glory or Tri Nations Glory whatever. We could have a scout feature to where you could scout upcoming talent and sign it to a contract.Originally posted by 187@Jul 8 2005, 05:25 AM
u kno wut they shud hav...
they shud hav the season in calender form, where u start off in ur provincial team (S12 or Euro), u play a whole season then, like Madden they select the International teams like the Pro bowl teams are selected... the only stink thing is not all teams can be selected from these 2 comps...
but say they could, (this being an example) u wud play a S12 and if ur players played well enuff they wud be selected for the ABs, wallabies or the Sring boks & u wud play the tri-nations then go on an end of year tour and stuff... then every 4 years u wud play the RWC and the Lions wud tour, so u wud hav several things to play towards & the RWC & Lions tour wud b extra special bcoz u wud hav to play 4 full seasons of rugby b4 it came around or u can edit so that it cumz round every 2 seasons...
this wud be the franchise mode, so u cud still just choose to play a RWC or tri nations... ***** i got good ideas haha
usually every Union has some sort of National CompOriginally posted by sambad5@Jul 8 2005, 05:09 PM
yeah 187, thats a awesome idea. i brought it up when 2005 got released. the only thing i have againced it, is when it comes to international teams like the puma, islanders, canada etc, where they dont have a team in the super14 or ZP
How did you get that? Did you e-mail those Canadain-Australians or did you just read that in a press release on the internet or some magazine?Originally posted by umosay@Jul 6 2005, 07:44 PM
"The Hive is buzzing..... Rugby 2006 has been under way for a couple of months now and two other as yet unannounced titles are also in development."