• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jul 14 2005, 01:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jul 14 2005, 01:58 PM)</div>
Originally posted by esoj@Jul 14 2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 14 2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Jul 14 2005, 12:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jul 13 2005, 10:30 PM
dont lie....you lier

you can think what you want chiro but if rugby 2006 doesn't have online play I know that I will still be happily playing rugby league 2 online with lots of people but will you?

EA can only concentrate on one thing...don't muddle them with online blah blah blah...

The word Gameplay is not in "Online mode" so it is irellevant.

online play is very relevant to those that don't have a console or friends that play sport games. While you are playing rugby 2006 single player I will be enjoying Online play in rugby league 2. Online play is part of the gameplay for me and without it rugby 2006 has no chance of being purchased by me
That's a fair call. Sports games (especially rugby) are much better in multiplayer mode. And I don't have many friends who like sports games....I don't have many friends
<

Anyway, Online is a very important part for me as well. If Rugby 2005 was online, it would have lasted much longer. I played it for the first time in months yesterday, and it isn't too bad, it just doesn't have any lastability. That comes from average gameplay. [/b]
arrrhhhhhhhhh...

PC owners...

GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr

best shut the gate.....

<

Anyway, If you settle for that ahead of gameplay then you are playing a **** game 'online' ...wow!!! How cool.......

NOT

Gameplay....then online if they want afterwards.

Oh and separate your GAMES from your PC - FFS!

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 16 2005, 07:26 PM
Oh and separate your GAMES from your PC - FFS!
Why? Are you trying to say a FPS or an RTS on a console beats a PC?
<

PC's Offer Modability and improved performance over a console.

Playstations offer long loading times and a screen that says "Insufficent free memory on card in slot one. Try again?"

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 16 2005, 08:50 PM
Los Lovers a fool - the type of guy who plays Rugby 2005 using the side on angle.
...on an infocus x1 with a ps2 with a hard drive using gold component cables - no loading times - and a 100 inch screen....soft couch seats...bean bags....red lava lamp for player 2 ...blue for player 1......surround sound.........etc?

yeah, no, you're right - I should have spent that money on an average pc with a few upgrades....

me and my mates could have huddled in chairs and played games on a monitor while relaxing on chairs that rolled around on the ground.

<

<

The only time 'PS2' and 'no loading times' should be used in the same scentence is when they are spilt up with "is incapible of"

And gold componant cables don't improve the picture or speed up loading you bloody moron... All they do is give a more reliable connection!
<

thisismyballowned.jpg.jpg

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 16 2005, 10:20 PM
The only time 'PS2' and 'no loading times' should be used in the same scentence is when they are spilt up with "is incapible of"

And gold componant cables don't improve the picture or speed up loading you bloody moron... All they do is give a more reliable connection!
<

thisismyballowned.jpg.jpg
No, he mentioned a ''HARD DRIVE' with 'Gold Componant Cables'. Games that are stored on the hard drive will give you faster loading times, but not 'No Loading times'

Ah, misread it.

My mistake...
<

Still, A hard disk doesn't have that much of an effect anyhew like gjohn said.

Originally posted by esoj+Jul 14 2005, 10:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Jul 14 2005, 10:13 AM)</div>
dont lie....you lier

you can think what you want chiro but if rugby 2006 doesn't have online play I know that I will still be happily playing rugby league 2 online with lots of people but will you?

EA can only concentrate on one thing...don't muddle them with online blah blah blah...

online play is very relevant to those that don't have a console or friends that play sport games. While you are playing rugby 2006 single player I will be enjoying Online play in rugby league 2. Online play is part of the gameplay for me and without it rugby 2006 has no chance of being purchased by me [/b]
**** i cud play madden all day by myself...the difficulty is challenging enuff in the ai to keep me interested..if ea had a smoove running gameplay with very good ai..u cud find urself being very greedy with the control pad...heh

anyways gameplay first!!!..i dont give dam about all these other tidbits that dont actually add to the fun and value to the gameplay....GAMEPLAY FIRST!!!!

u need the foundation to build upon..and the foundation in gaming is the GAMEPLAY
not graphics and online bullshit..and special unlockables and pretty stadiums...

jonah lomu had the foundation..but no instant follow up(maybe due to contract issues between code masters or money issues or proberly sales wernt rite who cares)..bottom line is all the recent football games have been crap!
rugby league?....alrite i was just happy to be playing as the warriors and it rubbed off in a week,gameplay was **** and jerky player movements and glitches that slowed the game...

lomu did have a follow.............

almost a century later..and wcr was crap...had nothing similar to lomu other than crap options and **** all graphics

The thing is you gotta have a good mixture of Good Gameplay and extra features...

I mean its all good to have awesome gameplay (aka Stacey Jones Rugby League), but not enough features (I mean playing a single season/tournament does get boring after a while) it detracts from the game.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 17 2005, 02:18 AM
Ah, misread it.

My mistake...
<

Still, A hard disk doesn't have that much of an effect anyhew like gjohn said.
Yeah no I should have bought a pc with no extras for the same price....

<
<
<

You guys are too stubborn and, dare I say it, lonely, to be embarrassed about huddling up infront of the monitor for gaming, but I find it pathetic.

have you been to a agming competition? Any!?

It's not done on 14 inch monitors you know? and for good reason.

I love the following:

"Los lover is one of those idiots who plays Rugby 2005 in side view"

That pretty much says it all really.

<

Oh dear God......and cricket 2005 is a really. really awesome cricket game eh? and Styris was named NZ's most attractive man....
<

You PC geeks are friggin' incorrigible.

Also component cables into the infocus x1 carry the signal down FIVE lines instead of rca video (which is....drum roll please....ONE).

Yeah no that doesn't improve resolution, detail, colour and sharpness about three hundred percent to the eye. It's just a 'better connection"

what a newb....

Rca - one video
s-video = 2 - luminance and chrominance
Component gold into infocus x1 with double-line interlacing faroudja chip built-in to projector results in the splitting or:

Red, Green, Blue (all colours separated) AND splitting of chrominace and luminance. If the picture was any better I couldn't handle it.

And at 100 inches with surround sound and immediate switch to movies, aspect ratios (very important my little square-screened friends)....

Hell, you wanna talk burned.

I'll just raise the issue of denial to the point of lunacy.

Fair enough though, how could you love or respect what you haven't experienced and subconsciously try to deny is true because ddep down you know your gaming experience is about ten percent of mine. Fine.

Lunacy is not something I will let disturb any more of my time.

Oh and I dunno if showing Thompson (who hasn;t kicked ass for about two years and f***ing sucks) was meant to back up the "owned" or "Pwned" as it was moronically stated.....then it was unintentionally funny and revealed you all once again as a bunch of in-bred pc-worshipping 80s-loving losers.

Which is wonderful...

again, thank you for the entertainment.

<

PC gaming blows - you sit all huddled up in your study on those f***ing uncomfortable Desk Chairs using a freaking Keyboard with piddily little speakers and a even a more piddily screen.

Meanwhile us Consolers get to laze around in Lazyboys balancing Chips and Dip on our chests while trying not to spin out in Gran Turismo 4 or playing playing co-operative mode in games like Timesplitters 2 with Freaking Sorround Speakers and a decent sized screen.

So in other words - what loverboy said.

So my 21=" monitoe, reclining chair and Surround speakers with a built in sub is "f***ing uncomfortable Desk Chairs using a freaking Keyboard with piddily little speakers and a even a more piddily screen.".

Oh, and using Gran Turismo as an example to prove why consoles are better will never work. As I've a said before, good graphics alone a good game doth not make.

Compare PC GAmes to console games for a moment;

(Winner in bold)
Best on PC--------------------------Best on console
Half Life 2------------FPS---------Halo 2
Grand Prix 3---Simulation cars----Gran Turismo
<

NFS:U2--------Arcade Cars-----------Burnout 3
PES4------------Sports-------------PES4
Any and all-----RTS-------------Errr... C&C on PS1?
WoW----------RPG-------------Final Fantasy
<

PC gaming blows huh?

Only if you want to play soccer or have a 10 minuete buzz for your gaming. Consoles are like the Alcopops where PC's are a propper Pint of beer (or 8) followed with a decent Whiskey.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 17 2005, 07:22 PM
So my 21=" monitoe, reclining chair and Surround speakers with a built in sub is "f***ing uncomfortable Desk Chairs using a freaking Keyboard with piddily little speakers and a even a more piddily screen.".

Oh, and using Gran Turismo as an example to prove why consoles are better will never work. As I've a said before, good graphics alone a good game doth not make.
Gimmie a 32 widescreen and a lazy boy anyday - and at the same time be actually able to play a decent multiplayer without the lag and the internet instead of having to crowd around a freaking keyboard in a study.

And on Gran Turismo lets all ignore the fact it is the greatest Racing Game bar none...

Heres a question show me one decent game which PC gets exclusive or Consoles have to wait ages to get? Grand Theft Auto? Metal Gear Solid? Timesplitters? Halo? Gran Turismo? Red Faction? Timesplitters (I challenge you to find a better multiplayer experience) the list is endless of the great games which Consoles get first.

oMg1!! PC getz da CouNTASrIKE

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 17 2005, 07:22 PM
(Winner in bold)
Best on PC--------------------------Best on console
Half Life 2------------FPS---------Halo 2
Grand Prix 3---Simulation cars----Gran Turismo
<

NFS:U2--------Arcade Cars-----------Burnout 3
PES4------------Sports-------------PES4
Any and all-----RTS-------------Errr... C&C on PS1?
WoW----------RPG-------------Final Fantasy
<

PC gaming blows huh?

Only if you want to play soccer or have a 10 minuete buzz for your gaming. Consoles are like the Alcopops where PC's are a propper Pint of beer (or 8) followed with a decent Whiskey.
LMFAO

Grand Prix 3... better thn Gran Turismo 4...

And NFS:U2 is on consoles and is better then Burnout 3 - But Midnight Club 3 : Dub Edition is better then both those games. And I can think of plenty of better sports games then PES - Fightnight 2, ESPN NHL 2K5...

And God of War shits on World of Warcraft.

PC exclusive ages before Consoles;
Half Life 2
Doom 3
Black and White
Homeworld
Far Cry
Wolfenstien

Better multiplayer;
Counter Strike,
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy,
MOH:AA
Battlefield: Vietnam

You were saying?

And Gran Turismo blows - The AI is ****, the handling isn't nearly as realistic as it claims ('real driving' my arse) and it isn't fun.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 17 2005, 07:41 PM
Better multiplayer;
Counter Strike,
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy,
MOH:AA
Battlefield: Vietnam

You were saying?

And Gran Turismo blows - The AI is ****, the handling isn't nearly as realistic as it claims ('real driving' my arse) and it isn't fun.
Better Multiplayer...

Technically yes, but more fun? hell no.

There is no way that PC gamers have more fun then Consolers in Multiplayer Modes - The fact your teammates and/or rivals are there in person next to you easily adds to the whole experience. With PC multiplayer games you are usually all uptight and whatnot - so its hard to laugh and talk **** to your mates, ecspecially considirng 95% of the time you wont be in the same room or house.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 17 2005, 07:49 PM
considirng 95% of the time you wont be in the same room or house.
Are you speaking from experience or your opinion?

And if online gaming for a PC is so bad, why the f*** are Playstation fanboys all crying because all of their games aren't online?

Oh;

Grand Theft Auto? - Started life as a PC game
Metal Gear Solid? - < Splinter Cell < Rainbow 6 (oh, A PC game)
Timesplitters? Is on PC
Halo? Is on PC
Gran Turismo? (Boooooooooooooring)
Red Faction? (WTF is this doing in your list?)
Timesplitters? Is on PC

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jul 17 2005, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jul 17 2005, 07:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 17 2005, 07:49 PM
considirng 95% of the time you wont be in the same room or house.
Are you speaking from experience or your opinion?

And if online gaming for a PC is so bad, why the f*** are Playstation fanboys all crying because all of their games aren't online?

Oh;

Grand Theft Auto? - Started life as a PC game
Metal Gear Solid? - < Splinter Cell < Rainbow 6 (oh, A PC game)
Timesplitters? Is on PC
Halo? Is on PC
Gran Turismo? (Boooooooooooooring)
Red Faction? (WTF is this doing in your list?)
Timesplitters? Is on PC [/b]
A ) Timesplitters according to a couple of sites I just checked is not on PC

B ) I disagree - Metal Gear Solid is better then Splinter Cell which is better then Rainbow 6

C ) Halo - Yes it was one PC - But was on X-Box first

D ) The Grand Theft Auto games on PC (the original ones) were ****, even for there time. Not until they became primiarly console games in GTA 3 did they reach gaming awesomness

E ) What are you on about? Most of the Games on PS2 and X-Box are online now - at least the decent ones. Games like MGS and GTA wouldnt work properly as Multiplayer games... GTA might with CO-Op missions, but MGS no way in hell.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 17 2005, 07:49 PM
ecspecially considirng 95% of the time you wont be in the same room or house.
we have a winner imo.

it comes down to atmosphere and gameplay, again. theres nothing like sitting down on the couch and floor, with a pizza and a few brewskies and with the music up loud that online pc can even compete with. you also have to worry about lagging etc.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 16 2005, 07:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 16 2005, 07:26 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 14 2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by esoj@Jul 14 2005, 10:13 AM
dont lie....you lier

online play is very relevant to those that don't have a console or friends that play sport games. While you are playing rugby 2006 single player I will be enjoying Online play in rugby league 2. Online play is part of the gameplay for me and without it rugby 2006 has no chance of being purchased by me

That's a fair call. Sports games (especially rugby) are much better in multiplayer mode. And I don't have many friends who like sports games....I don't have many friends
<

Anyway, Online is a very important part for me as well. If Rugby 2005 was online, it would have lasted much longer. I played it for the first time in months yesterday, and it isn't too bad, it just doesn't have any lastability. That comes from average gameplay.
arrrhhhhhhhhh...

PC owners...

GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr

best shut the gate.....

<

Anyway, If you settle for that ahead of gameplay then you are playing a **** game 'online' ...wow!!! How cool.......

NOT

Gameplay....then online if they want afterwards.

Oh and separate your GAMES from your PC - FFS! [/b]
Jesus Lover, don't you own a PC?

And I'm more of a console gamer anyway. And by online, I meant across all platforms.

Originally posted by sambad5@Jul 17 2005, 08:56 PM
you also have to worry about lagging etc.
Errr... Lagging comes as a result of too much information is being passed through your internet connection and its speed.

f*** all to do with the machine you use.

Latest posts