• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 18 2005, 03:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 18 2005, 03:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jul 18 2005, 04:04 PM
You are quite a ******** sometimes. Yes, I have a PC, and an Xbox and a PS2. I am more of a console gamer because thats what environment I prefer. I was brought up on console gaming. Others I know prefer PC. And I can see why. It is much better in terms of online gaming. The genres it excels in, it really does excel in. ie. light years in front of its console rivals. Thats FPS (one of the most popular genres I might add) RTS (thanks teh mite) and MMORPGS etc. etc.

Not to mention that power behind these games and the ability to mod/customise your game and the way you play it. The endless amount of peripherals/geeky enhancements.

Yes, the screen may be smaller, but a graphic whore such as yourself Lover must surely realise that a maxed out Doom 3 on a 17" will look better than a PS2 game (yes, even with component cables) on your big ass screen/projector or whatever the hell you've got. Consoles are quite primitive (especially PS2) compared to PCs.

[EDIT] Damn,just saw that Lover. Ah well.
<

<
well then edit the rest out kaftka....if you are going to be fair.

<

I didn't deserve to cop that as I too have a ps2 and a pc and a lap top. I mean FFS!!

When I talk about the projector set-up, it is not gloating, hell it is relatively quite inexpensive....the whole set-up is less than a good tv and you could get it four times over for the price of just a 32_inch lcd tv.

I mean hell. You getting angry/touchy (whatever) leads me to believe that you know the set-up kicks ass. So get one. In one year the same set-up will be hooked up to the new ultra-powerful consoles - are they primitive? I mean crumbs.

<
[/b]
Actually, If you read my post, I wasn't getting touchy at all....I would never get touchy with you Lover
<
<

I have a Data projector, but I play consoles on my TV. And of course you have a PC
<
, but this is about PC gaming, which overall, as a console gamer remember, is superior. You can do whatever you want. You don't have to play PC games on a computer screen remember.

FPS on PC's are overated...

and speaking of Projectors I got a question... My old man is getting one at his work for presenations and what not - but Since it will be only used about once a month they offered that if he pays half he can take it home when its not in use...

Can you hook up your Sky TV to it?

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 18 2005, 05:06 PM
FPS on PC's are overated...

and speaking of Projectors I got a question... My old man is getting one at his work for presenations and what not - but Since it will be only used about once a month they offered that if he pays half he can take it home when its not in use...

Can you hook up your Sky TV to it?
Of course.
<

If it's a work one it may well be lcd which isn't as good for movies or games or tv compared to dlp.....but it will still rock your socks off!! hehe...(i have had both - lcd just for a week)

but dlp is film-like in picture with massive contrast range etc. DVDs are like f***ing smoking!!!!!!

and rainbows are pretty much hype.

<

edit - as an example - the warriors versus the roosters on the projector the other night was the most fun watching a leagie game I have ever had. Was it the best game EVER? Maybe not, but I've seen every great game and it felt better - why? the screen, the size, the atmosphere....same with gaming. When rugby players run along the screen into big hits etc....they are the size of my hand and more....nuff said. ***edit x 2*** - O mean in rugby 2005...in the tests v the lions they were half the size of me.

off topic
I went to a 21st on the weekend and there was a projector with the league there but it was set up wrong it was out of focus to start with and it was also set up with a composite feed. It was so shocking to watch couldn't change it either as the projector is in a bracket connected to the ceiling with the wires taken through the roof to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Excuse me?

Ever played any of the Monkey Island games? Or Grim Fandango? Or Sam & Max? Or any of the old Indy games? Or Broken Sword?

Or any host of other great adventure games?

Adventure games are practically non-existent in todays market, but the PC owned the genre when it was at its peak, consoles don't even come close.[/b]
Yeah, Point and Click games are dead. But they don't have the sole monopoly on being adventure games. Hell, I remember when we had a Finnish guy staying with us, an hardcore rpg player, and he'd complain whenever I'd refer to Final Fantasy 7 as an rpg. He was dead certain that it was an adventure (his definition of rpg was in the vein of Ultima). If you want examples of adventure game, then look no further than Resident Evil/any of the survival horror games; they're all adventure. Look at the Metal Gear Solids; they're adventure. Look at Myst/Riven/whatever version, and the Journeyman Project; again adventure games. And finally, the old point 'n clicks like Monkey Island, like Full Throttle, like Day of the Tentacle, like Beneath a Steel Sky, (and the game I first played 13 years ago) Loom; and similar types of games that didn't use the mouse like Spacequest, like Leisure Suit Larry, like Police Quest, like Goldrush. But lets not forget Zelda : OoT, because that's adventure aswell.
You're not trying to tell me that only Point and Clicks are adventure games now are you?

Oh yeah, MMORPGs aren't the be-all end-all for RPGs. Fallout was a fantastic game.

PS. Before you mention it, I know that Grim Fandango wasn't point and click, but went 3d.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 18 2005, 03:04 PM
You are quite a ******** sometimes. Yes, I have a PC, and an Xbox and a PS2. I am more of a console gamer because thats what environment I prefer. I was brought up on console gaming. Others I know prefer PC. And I can see why. It is much better in terms of online gaming. The genres it excels in, it really does excel in. ie. light years in front of its console rivals. Thats FPS (one of the most popular genres I might add) RTS (thanks teh mite) and MMORPGS etc. etc.

Not to mention that power behind these games and the ability to mod/customise your game and the way you play it. The endless amount of peripherals/geeky enhancements.

Yes, the screen may be smaller, but a graphic whore such as yourself Lover must surely realise that a maxed out Doom 3 on a 17" will look better than a PS2 game (yes, even with component cables) on your big ass screen/projector or whatever the hell you've got. Consoles are quite primitive (especially PS2) compared to PCs.

[EDIT] Damn,just saw that Lover. Ah well.
<

<
hey, no jumping on the "i hat los lover" bandwaggon. i hated before any of you guys, and WAY before it was fashionable.

it is good on a big projector tho. pc purists may argue that pal resolution 768x576 (let alone ntsc- 640x480) aint up to much against a high res screen. having played it on on both tho, its just easier and possibly smother on a console and painful tho it is, im gonna side with los.

Hey man, I don't hate Lover, I dislike his attitude towards some things.....And that's always been like that.Ever since he joined and started being a loudmouth pre-Rugby 05. Ask him yourself.

Originally posted by Zambaman@Jul 18 2005, 08:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Excuse me?

Ever played any of the Monkey Island games? Or Grim Fandango? Or Sam & Max? Or any of the old Indy games? Or Broken Sword?

Or any host of other great adventure games?

Adventure games are practically non-existent in todays market, but the PC owned the genre when it was at its peak, consoles don't even come close.
Yeah, Point and Click games are dead. But they don't have the sole monopoly on being adventure games. Hell, I remember when we had a Finnish guy staying with us, an hardcore rpg player, and he'd complain whenever I'd refer to Final Fantasy 7 as an rpg. He was dead certain that it was an adventure (his definition of rpg was in the vein of Ultima). If you want examples of adventure game, then look no further than Resident Evil/any of the survival horror games; they're all adventure. Look at the Metal Gear Solids; they're adventure. Look at Myst/Riven/whatever version, and the Journeyman Project; again adventure games. And finally, the old point 'n clicks like Monkey Island, like Full Throttle, like Day of the Tentacle, like Beneath a Steel Sky, (and the game I first played 13 years ago) Loom; and similar types of games that didn't use the mouse like Spacequest, like Leisure Suit Larry, like Police Quest, like Goldrush. But lets not forget Zelda : OoT, because that's adventure aswell.
You're not trying to tell me that only Point and Clicks are adventure games now are you?

Oh yeah, MMORPGs aren't the be-all end-all for RPGs. Fallout was a fantastic game.

PS. Before you mention it, I know that Grim Fandango wasn't point and click, but went 3d. [/b][/quote]
Survival Horror games are just that - Survival Horror games.

MGS is stealth, not adventure.

Final Fantasy games are RPGs despite what one hardcore fan thinks.

Myst sucks arse, it's a glorified tech demo.

Zelda is the only good adventure franchise on consoles, other than that the PC owns the genre completely.

what a load of **** talk in here
<
'

you guys are comparing a comfy volvo 1989 760 with an F1 car
<

as an out of the box experience the console obviously wins. you just hook up to your tv and you've got 4 controllers and a game.

big f***ing deal.

everything else comes down to price...and those of us that can afford it have a better system with a pc, end of story.

i can run unlimited number of controllers and output to the tv if i like. still beats waiting minutes for a game to load from the dvd.

a console has its advantages in terms of convience (undeniably) but a decent PC system shits all over it.

pc also has the advantage that you can use it for other uses eg e-mail, photoshop, general web surfing, ms office. but that is not what is being debated here gaming is.

to be honest tho, most of the people who 'dally' with photoshop on this site, shouldnt be allowed to and certainly dont make a good case for purchasing a pc on that point alone.

my big gripe with the pc (and i do have a good system, etc etc and the game on the pc) is that you cannot buy a decent controller for it. ive tried lots of bits for it but the closest i got was a ps2 controller and the adaptor thing with joy 2 key, but even that was just a poor immitation of the ps2 control setup.

how do you know what people do on this forum. Photoshop is used in many industries and not just some program that people "dally" in as you put it. And some people would buy a pc for using photoshop as that maybe what they use for their job. My point was which you missed was that the pc had other uses than just gaming and I also said that gaming was the debate not the other uses. A console is a gaming machine and not much else. You simply cannot run photoshop maya 3d studio max on a console becaue a console was not designed for that it was made for gaming and purely gaming. Finding a controller can be hard for a pc but there are some pretty good steering wheel and flight yokes out there as well as normal controllers.

i was joking fella, i was refering to some of the dodgy signature images people post on this site.

i use photoshop, illustrator, 3d max, maya, softimage, after effects and flash for my job( http://www.mainframe.co.uk) , so i know all about the other uses of pcs and macs.

as for the comparrison between gaming on pc and console, most people have a pc, as do many have a games console. the argument was about WHICH to use. having tried it on both, i would say console. a major factor in that is that it is difficult finding a good controller (and i hope you wernt implying i should try a steering wheel on r2005)

eh of course not I was pointing out though that you can get good controller for racing games and flight games like you can for a console. Thre are controllers out there that are similar to the ps 2 one and you cna get some pretty nice joysticks these days as well. I guess everyone has their own taste as I know people that use the keyboard for playing sport games.

Me too.

Let's let this topic die like tomorrows dinner.

?

I have no news on Rugby 2006 - you can confirm this.

Originally posted by esoj@Jul 18 2005, 04:28 PM
off topic
I went to a 21st on the weekend and there was a projector with the league there but it was set up wrong it was out of focus to start with and it was also set up with a composite feed. It was so shocking to watch couldn't change it either as the projector is in a bracket connected to the ceiling with the wires taken through the roof to it.
<
<
<

<
<
<

<

there's that word

some mod take it out now

starts with 'c'.......ends in 'e'.............should have an 'h' after its 's'

no wonder it was shite quality

CA - THE HIVE IS BUZZING MY FRIEND

Lol, you'll probably find this funny AK.

A few weekends ago this couple come into DSE with a DVD player they bought around 2 or 3 days before. They were complaining that the picture quality was extremely poor. I asked them what they were using and they said the dvd input on the tv and the rgb out on the dvd player. They brought it in, and they had been using those cheap as f*** really thin rca cables! They said "thats what it says to use in the manual and it says dvd on the tv". I told them that the cables were yellow for video and red and white for audio. They packed a big as **** because rgb cables weren't included! I told them we sold some high quality ones for $100 and they almost died because they didn't even pay that for their shitty 2channel dvd.

Latest posts