• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

The key to improving it for me would be to improve the GAMEPLAY , not to introduce new modes (though this would not be a bad thing).

The concensus seems to be that it lacks lasting appeal. This is due to the lack of depth in the gameplay due to poor engine, lack of momentum, poor graphics, crud special moves (fend, side step and shoulder charge), no off-loads, etc. Unless these are addressed big time in R2006, I doubt whether I'd buy it, no matter what new modes they introduce.

R2005 does have some good points (line outs, set piece back moves, goal kicking, etc) and it does suprisingly play very much like a real game sometimes, but there are fundamental flaws with the gameplay which make it seem dull after a while.

I've just come back from watching the Lions tour so I'll probably start playing R2005 again when I get time but suspect that I'll probably again get bored of it quite soon.

The gameplay proberbly wouldn't be so bad if it wern't for the **** poor tournaments in the game - They should copy the career mode from the Fifa series across IMO.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 13 2005, 03:18 AM
The gameplay proberbly wouldn't be so bad if it wern't for the **** poor tournaments in the game - They should copy the career mode from the Fifa series across IMO.
for me (apart from the Lions tour f***-up option) it was great and had plenty of options - it was awesome.

I want gameplay, gameplay and more gameplay.

POP BALL!!!!

<

i agree the gameplay needs to be improved like pop ball and more realistic decisions for refereeing like penalties like for late takles early tackles etc also the computer never goes offside as i would like new camera angles nearer the pitch

^^^
Nail on the head - The offside problems should be the first issue that gets sorted out. - ie. when the ******* computer is offside when you play quick ball, it shouldn't be allowed to tackle with offside players.

I want it to include First-Person-Shooter. On the pitch. Against dinosaurs.

Or franchise & create your own tournament modes would be nice.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Jul 13 2005, 04:33 AM
I want it to include First-Person-Shooter.  On the pitch.  Against dinosaurs.

Or franchise & create your own tournament modes would be nice.
Don't be silly, why would Ea produce a rugby game that includes create your own tournaments!

I really want to see the AI create better attacking moves. One's where they try and run at the gap and stuff. At the moment if they don't do a set play they basically run straight ahead. And the set plays aren't even that great because there's only 12 possibilities in total (excluding the pocket play).

create your own moves would be class, and if the computer would implement moves that you created as well that would be class as well.

you would have to set up which teams you want to set the moves to though.

Oh well i doubt they would do that

running on to the ball wud have made the gameflow just better

i was playin it and it kinda glitched..where my 10 was running onto the halfbacks pass from a ruck which caught the defence on the backpeddle and 2-3 passes led to an awesome looking try 60metres out..anyways

-running onto the ball and IMPROVED AI DEFENCE AND ATTACK

and if so u missed it RUNNING ONTO THE BALL..instead of being flatffoted

Theres an easier way of not getting your period Esoj.

edit* Oh sorry, I read wrong.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jul 13 2005, 10:30 PM
dont lie....you lier
you can think what you want chiro but if rugby 2006 doesn't have online play I know that I will still be happily playing rugby league 2 online with lots of people but will you?

Originally posted by esoj+Jul 14 2005, 12:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Jul 14 2005, 12:03 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jul 13 2005, 10:30 PM
dont lie....you lier
you can think what you want chiro but if rugby 2006 doesn't have online play I know that I will still be happily playing rugby league 2 online with lots of people but will you? [/b]
EA can only concentrate on one thing...don't muddle them with online blah blah blah...

The word Gameplay is not in "Online mode" so it is irellevant.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jul 13 2005, 10:43 PM
Theres an easier way of not getting your period Esoj.
<
Were you just offering what I think you were offering?

Originally posted by Los Lover+Jul 14 2005, 01:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Jul 14 2005, 01:12 AM)</div>
Originally posted by esoj@Jul 14 2005, 12:03 AM
dont lie....you lier

you can think what you want chiro but if rugby 2006 doesn't have online play I know that I will still be happily playing rugby league 2 online with lots of people but will you?
EA can only concentrate on one thing...don't muddle them with online blah blah blah...

The word Gameplay is not in "Online mode" so it is irellevant. [/b]
online play is very relevant to those that don't have a console or friends that play sport games. While you are playing rugby 2006 single player I will be enjoying Online play in rugby league 2. Online play is part of the gameplay for me and without it rugby 2006 has no chance of being purchased by me

Originally posted by esoj+Jul 14 2005, 10:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Jul 14 2005, 10:13 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 14 2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by esoj@Jul 14 2005, 12:03 AM
dont lie....you lier

The word Gameplay is not in "Online mode" so it is irellevant.
online play is very relevant to those that don't have a console or friends that play sport games. While you are playing rugby 2006 single player I will be enjoying Online play in rugby league 2. Online play is part of the gameplay for me and without it rugby 2006 has no chance of being purchased by me [/b]
That's a fair call. Sports games (especially rugby) are much better in multiplayer mode. And I don't have many friends who like sports games....I don't have many friends
<

Anyway, Online is a very important part for me as well. If Rugby 2005 was online, it would have lasted much longer. I played it for the first time in months yesterday, and it isn't too bad, it just doesn't have any lastability. That comes from average gameplay.

I've never played online before but might have to start in the future, my mates refuse to play me anymore because i thrash them, Im not that great, it's just that they're ****, multiplayer all the way

well soon it will be a reality guys when rugby league 2 comes out online play here we come. Hoping that rugby 2006 does have online play though that would be mad playing rugby online.

Latest posts