• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

J

jimmy44

Anyone heard if there is going tobe a rugby 2006? Any news about it?

cheers

Let's take a wild guess. It's an EA game. So I'm thinking.....rehash of the last one with slightly superiour graphics.

Oh joy.
<

I think, although game is heavily flawed, that it was very close to greatness...

changes they MUST make if I am to buy and definitely would, note there aren't many.......but there could be more, just that these are crucial.

- Tours with any team and choice of being toured by side etc....this applies to Lions tours too....very disappointing in rugby 2005 that you couldn't host the Lions
- POP BALLS
- More handdrawn animations to avoid inability to make late calls to pass or step etc....more random style of play depending on team and style etc
- in-game subs made in pairs or more...
- Even better graphics (the one thing you know they'll do, but don't need to waste time on too much, minor tweak if gameplay key will do fine)
- the right analogue stick idea was well-intensioned but must go....back to pairs of shoulder buttons and direction held at time etc instead
- long balls are double click not hold the button down.....although if animation problem (game ruiner) is resolved then there might be adequate time to do this more relaistically and successfully and the passes need to be different, more random and not float, they must be able to be run on to etc etc etc...

Sort this out at the VERY LEAST and EA will make one more sale.

Long time reader, first time poster.

Agreed that the game was close to greatness.

To add to longativity I would put challenge tracking back in and add two new modes.

On a couple of other sports games I have played there has been a 'scenario' mode. This would be truly awesome.

Basically you choose a scenario in a real game where you have to pull off wins, scrape draws or get a losing bonus point with a last gasp drop/try, etc...

One 'scenario' that could be avaliable is, of course, the 2003 WC Final. You would only be allowed to play with England and you wouldn't play the full match, you would just pick it up at 17-17 and to complete the scenario you would have to win with a drop.
This is just one scenario because I can't think of any others. They would all be given a difficulty level depending on what you need to achieve. But what makes them great is that they have been real games and by pulling off the scenario's, it gives you a great sense of satisfaction, despite just being a video game.

The other mode that I think EA should introduce is 7's. The way that the game is setup and laid out at the moment would be perfect for sevens. You can just imagine the end to end stuff.

I apologise if these have been suggested before but I am a lazy arse and can't be bothered to search for them.
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Jul 4 2005, 07:50 PM
I think, although game is heavily flawed, that it was very close to greatness...

changes they MUST make if I am to buy and definitely would, note there aren't many.......but there could be more, just that these are crucial.

- Tours with any team and choice of being toured by side etc....this applies to Lions tours too....very disappointing in rugby 2005 that you couldn't host the Lions
- POP BALLS
- More handdrawn animations to avoid inability to make late calls to pass or step etc....more random style of play depending on team and style etc
- in-game subs made in pairs or more...
- Even better graphics (the one thing you know they'll do, but don't need to waste time on too much, minor tweak if gameplay key will do fine)
- the right analogue stick idea was well-intensioned but must go....back to pairs of shoulder buttons and direction held at time etc instead
- long balls are double click not hold the button down.....although if animation problem (game ruiner) is resolved then there might be adequate time to do this more relaistically and successfully and the passes need to be different, more random and not float, they must be able to be run on to etc etc etc...

Sort this out at the VERY LEAST and EA will make one more sale.
Good ideas, but I'm pretty sure HB studios will not "hand draw" anything, thus leaving us with that major lack of responsiveness gliche...........

One major improvement for me is having more penalties, not just one penalty (other then the pull down the maul that you always tapped/kicked for touch)given to you every 25 games you play, as shots at goal are an integral part of the game..........

However what we do know for sure is that HB studios DO NOT listen to its customer base, and unless it inherits another game engine (not this time) then they will do as little as possible (re: for as cheap as possible) - tweaking minor annoyances without dramatically improving the overall gameplay experience/game longevity.

Has anyone ever tried to contact HB studios via email though? They're bloody c***S! they never, NEVER, respond to emails!!!

if i knew where they were...

maybe they might respond to my knife???
its worth a try...and a conversion

hahaha their headquarters are about a 4 or 5 hour drive from my house in trhe next province. Pay me some money and that could be arranged haha
<
just kidding but yah Rugby 2005 needs a few changes and it would be great!!!!

HB did a good job bringing this game up to snuff with other franchises but it lacks the depth of other EA games and some of the flaws that have been pointed out already need to be corrected. Remember boys this is really only EA second crack at a rugby game (WCR 95 and Rugby 2001 don't count) and I think they have already made many imporvements. Just look at 2004 and 2005 and there is no comparison.

It took Madden, NHL, and other series a decade to get where they are today lets give HB a chance shall we
<

"The Hive is buzzing..... Rugby 2006 has been under way for a couple of months now and two other as yet unannounced ***les are also in development."

I also agree that 2005 is close to greatness. The big floor for me, and I'm talking about single player, is the repetitiveness of the games. For some reason each game lacks variety, I think possibly due to the lack of hand drawn animations. There is no sense or unpredicabiltiy.

2005 is a beautful game, espacially on PC, so I dont think Ea need to worry about graphics. They need to add more depth, i.e more penalties, more set moves, lineout options, and make these options playable. As we know most of the set moves in 2005 are useless.

Also, for gods sake sort out the special moves and the kicking game!

Off load passes would also add a great deal to the game.

Originally posted by excitation@Jul 6 2005, 03:09 AM
online, online and well, online.
True, true and true,

Get the line-out options from 2004 back, allow in-game position changing and have more set moves off scrums and offloads and 'normal' tours i.e. end of season tours to Southern hemisphere etc. And a super-hard unbelievably difficult mode. As for the player creation feature I advise EA to go to Madden 2002 and lift it straight out (i.e. you can pick specific heights, weights etc. as opposed to 'type 1, 2')

u kno wut they shud hav...

they shud hav the season in calender form, where u start off in ur provincial team (S12 or Euro), u play a whole season then, like Madden they select the International teams like the Pro bowl teams are selected... the only stink thing is not all teams can be selected from these 2 comps...
but say they could, (this being an example) u wud play a S12 and if ur players played well enuff they wud be selected for the ABs, wallabies or the Sring boks & u wud play the tri-nations then go on an end of year tour and stuff... then every 4 years u wud play the RWC and the Lions wud tour, so u wud hav several things to play towards & the RWC & Lions tour wud b extra special bcoz u wud hav to play 4 full seasons of rugby b4 it came around or u can edit so that it cumz round every 2 seasons...
this wud be the franchise mode, so u cud still just choose to play a RWC or tri nations... ***** i got good ideas haha

Originally posted by 187@Jul 8 2005, 05:25 AM
u kno wut they shud hav...

they shud hav the season in calender form, where u start off in ur provincial team (S12 or Euro), u play a whole season then, like Madden they select the International teams like the Pro bowl teams are selected... the only stink thing is not all teams can be selected from these 2 comps...
but say they could, (this being an example) u wud play a S12 and if ur players played well enuff they wud be selected for the ABs, wallabies or the Sring boks & u wud play the tri-nations then go on an end of year tour and stuff... then every 4 years u wud play the RWC and the Lions wud tour, so u wud hav several things to play towards & the RWC & Lions tour wud b extra special bcoz u wud hav to play 4 full seasons of rugby b4 it came around or u can edit so that it cumz round every 2 seasons...
this wud be the franchise mode, so u cud still just choose to play a RWC or tri nations... ***** i got good ideas haha
maybe go even deeper then that don't just control a nation control your nations Rugby Union. Manage the Unions finances play out the Domestic Unions seasons and ultimately lead your Union to World Cup Glory or Tri Nations Glory whatever. We could have a scout feature to where you could scout upcoming talent and sign it to a contract.
Each Union could have their domestic club season (Ex: Canada = RCSL)

Different Unions could have different things it would be so cool except it will never happen.

yeah 187, thats a awesome idea. i brought it up when 2005 got released. the only thing i have againced it, is when it comes to international teams like the puma, islanders, canada etc, where they dont have a team in the super14 or ZP

Originally posted by sambad5@Jul 8 2005, 05:09 PM
yeah 187, thats a awesome idea. i brought it up when 2005 got released. the only thing i have againced it, is when it comes to international teams like the puma, islanders, canada etc, where they dont have a team in the super14 or ZP
usually every Union has some sort of National Comp

Canada has the RCSL which is the Rugby Canada Super League

Teams from Each Union are put together to make a super team

check it out if you want

http://www.rcsl.ca

Originally posted by umosay@Jul 6 2005, 07:44 PM
"The Hive is buzzing..... Rugby 2006 has been under way for a couple of months now and two other as yet unannounced ***les are also in development."
How did you get that? Did you e-mail those Canadain-Australians or did you just read that in a press release on the internet or some magazine?

Latest posts