• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2006

found this little snippet of info from http://www.gameswizards.com.au/list.aspx?dpt=1&cat=2

"The latest in the bestselling Rugby series, now with inovative gameplay features such as "Total Offensive Control" which gives players enhanced control over their teams passing and tacking game!"

they are adding new features and all...hopfully they have fixed up the basics

""EA SPORTS Rugby 06 will challenge gamers to compete in a host of the World’s most prestigious rugby competitions including the Six Nations, Lions Tour, Tri Nations, Guinness Premiership and the Super 14."

sounds like no npc or any other provincial tournament...same as R 05 in terms of tournaments

meh no surpise, I'll be giving this one a miss. Its always the same but graphics slightly improved.

lil bit more...

* Impact Players: Star players can have a key "Impact" on the outcome of the match.
* Increased Tactical Plays: Over 25 tactical set plays can be mapped to the controller.
* Off-Loading Passing: Pass out of a tackle. Off load the ball once the defender has been down into the tackle, users can exploit the gaps that will be left by those defenders.
* Comprehensive Commentary: Legendary former All Black's star Grant Fox provides all new commentary along with updated commentary by Ian Robertson.
* Enhanced Stadiums & Conditions: Improved stadium visuals and new weather conditions such as snow and fog.
* Quick Penalties & Lineouts: Users can now execute quick penalties immediately after it has been called.

all these features etc will be great but the core gameplay I think will proabbly suck and these features will just be used to try and hard that the basics are still flawed. This is defintely a try before you buy and I too will proabbly be giving it a big miss

i think people must must stop being so negative. Maybe this one's gonna be good though i suppose we have reason to be so anti-EA. Rugby 2004 was f***ing terrible (to say the least) but Rugby 2005 was a lot better but still not brilliant. Maybe this one is gonna be what we've been waiting for.......

And why don't SA commentators ever feature on rugby games. But i suppose Hugh Bladen is a bit of a crap commentar: "AND IT"S JACQUE FOURIE!! no, wait JEAN DE VILLIERS!!"

Thank god none of the Welsh commentators were picked. If Jonathan Davies (i think thats the name of the extremely biased, high-pitched winer though if it isn't help me out) was chosen i would have shot myself

Originally posted by Brett@Dec 5 2005, 06:41 PM
And why don't SA commentators ever feature on rugby games.
Because they're f@#king terrible.

From what I've heard so far it seems to be shaping up alright. I'll reserve my judgement until I play it however.

Originally posted by Brett@Dec 5 2005, 06:41 PM
And why don't SA commentators ever feature on rugby games. But i suppose Hugh Bladen is a bit of a crap commentar: "AND IT"S JACQUE FOURIE!! no, wait JEAN DE VILLIERS!!"
I think south african commentary should be an unlockable thing. There is so much comedy in listening to SA commentary. but all the time, it would get so annoying.

Originally posted by Brett@Dec 5 2005, 05:41 PM
i think people must must stop being so negative. Maybe this one's gonna be good though i suppose we have reason to be so anti-EA. Rugby 2004 was f***ing terrible (to say the least) but Rugby 2005 was a lot better but still not brilliant. Maybe this one is gonna be what we've been waiting for.......
I won't ever beleive EA again after they claimed Rugby 2004 would be "madden quality rugby"... Not untill I play the game and it gets comprehensive reviews of over 9/10.

I don't think we'll see any rugby game get 9/10 for a damn while. In my opinion 7/10 would be a success.

I hope the gameplay is more realistic for me like more penalities etc for offences like early tackles and late tackles etc cause in rugby 2005 you could do both and you could get away with both which was not realistic

As long as there's no Jonathan Davies...

And Thats another great try to wales... Look at Wales go!... what a step from Shane Williams...

What a tool

also found this on the ea auzzie pageRugby 2005 was all about capturing the excitement and Intensity which links each EA SPORTS ***le. Rugby 2006 places emphasis on creating the best gameplay any rugby game has ever seen. In maintaining realism, Rugby 06 moves closer and closer to actually playing in a real Rugby match by giving users complete offensive control. Like a real match, users can now keep the momentum of an attack going by utilizing the new Off-load passing control. This feature will allow players to pass out of a tackle and thus sustain the pressure and intensity of each attack. Combine this with the new extra speed and responsive gameplay and you have two major improvements which will help bring the excitement of Rugby to living rooms worldwide.

Rugby matches at the highest level require discipline, team skill and moments of individual flair and brilliance Matches can be won through one player's innovation, inspiration and magic. With scores level, users can turn to their Impact Player. The Impact Player feature is based on the principle that in any professional sport there are great players who have great impact on the outcome of a game. Rugby 06 captures the ability of those select players and if used effectively, users will be able to enhance their chances of securing the victory.

Fans are attracted to the game of Rugby for many reasons, the drama, the tension but mostly the hard hitting action. In the heat of the moment things can get out of hand and nothing captures this better than the illegal hit feature. Players can choose to deliver brutal illegal hits when they want. If used in the right situation, this feature can help to neutralize the effect of your opponent's impact player on the match. As with any foul play, illegal hits will earn the user the punishment of the instigating player being sent to the sin bin. This brings an aspect of strategy to the game, deciding when or whether to use this feature or not.

The key features for the game on the EA
are
Key features
Impact Players: Rugby 06 captures the abilities of world's finest Rugby stars. Users can utilize these abilities and if called upon in the right situation, the star player can have a key "Impact" on the outcome of the match.
Increased Tactical Plays: Over 25 tactical set plays can be mapped to the controller. This allows the user the option of choosing/changing the plays in accordance to what they believe to be the most effective or that which best suits their playing style.
Off-Loading Passing: Players can pass out of a tackle. By being able to off load the ball once the defender has been drawn into the tackle, users can exploit the gaps that will be left by those defenders. This feature will also allow for a more flowing game.
Comprehensive Commentary: Legendary former All Black's star Grant Fox provides all new commentary along with updated commentary by Ian Robertson. A combination of the two creates an authentic and realistic sounding in-game commentary.
Enhanced Stadiums and Conditions: Improved stadium visuals include rolling banners, improved textures, 3D grass accompanied by different pitch patterns and team specific animated flags. The stadiums are complimented by new weather conditions such as snow and fog, with visible player breath and steam off the packs in cold weather conditions.
Teams and Tournaments: In addition to last year, Rugby 06 has added more licensed teams and tournaments including the Guinness Premiership and the Heineken Cup.
World League Mode: Rugby 06 incorporates a number of career mode enhancements to give a more compelling world league experience. Users can try to build a super team by making use of the in depth transfer market at their disposal. With all new club objectives and performance based offers from rival clubs, only the best managers will survive.
Quick Penalties & Lineouts: Users can now execute quick penalties immediately after it has been called. This feature if used in right situations is designed to continue the games objective on improved and freer flowing gameplay. The same principle has been applied to the all new quick lineouts which users can utilize, in order to maintain the pace or flow of an attack.

hmmm...when you click on the thumbnails, do you see the screenshot?
i get a new window with a dark grey background but with no screenshot shown.

lol 1 thing i noticed was telstra stadium at night, which wasnt available in the 05. From those thumbs it looks quite decent.

Latest posts