• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2008

I have a funny feeling that if he was Irish, he wouldn't be called a dirty player. Come on mate, the Irish play some good rugged football too.

The video evidence is dirty, yes. It's just a snapshot of one piece of a guys career. A jury wouldn't hang him on just that.

Three more clips like it and I'm with you.

We shouldnt go out and buy 2 copies at a time. Look, if the game is good it will sell, if EA actually produce a really good rugby game then their is no reason to stop producing rugby games.

They cannot expect to make a crap game and expect people to continue to buy it.

Yeah, on the other hand I can see what your saying Sean. i wasn't entirely serious, but just trying to say that the more copies that sell the better the future for EA Rugby games.

The biggest thing keeping them going is that their competitors will start selling them again.

The biggest thing holding them back is the amount of piracy of the xbox version last time.

I think the best way for EA to stop piracy for the PC version is to simply add an online option.....

Good Point. If not other formats, at least PC (and I don't even play PC much).

Still piracy in this sports video-games is a nail in the coffin. Lets all shell out as rugby game fans, if you do like this version.

rico gear and keith robinson as star players is just plain bias what have they done to deserve a star

I hope that game isnt the new 08 u guys are playing

Massive dissapoiontment it looks

A nice touch that was on FIFA 98 was actually a player pool to select from for each international team (replicated by the player editor for 06) and it also had a 5 a side option as well which was very cool.

A sevens version of the game would be great, and also a licensed TOP 14, maybe the Italian League, Air NZ Cup and a selection of other world clubs.. maybe from argentina, fiji, samoa etc.

Just three things that have crossed my mind

I reckon if they introduced like you said a more range of club rugby like the Pacific Cup, so like savai'i samoa fijian barbarians, tau'uta reds ect...

Another great addition would be in terms of player wise if they could introduce utility...For example

Matt Rogers although he has left rugby, was a utility he played wing fullback inside centre and flyhalf...what they should of done in rugby 08 is for those who can play in more than 3 positions to just have "Utility Back" in their name so that they can play anything in the backline...

and just a thought what if they could introduce at least one star player in each country...essentially every country at least has one player who can change the game....in 06 even the tier 2 nations have at least a handfull of good players ...eg. samoa Brian Lima SPD 86/Lome Fa'atau SPD 88, Fiji Rupeni Caucau SPD 97 /Nicky Little KICKING 88 & Tonga Inoke Afeaki STRNGTH 95/Epi Taione STRNGTH 93

Latest posts