• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 - Teams & Competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old school tours with any test playing nation and not only british isles like in rugby 2006 like england is doing this summer.

You must be a fool to think New Zealand players aren't getting payed much. Richie Mccaw is getting $600,000 a year, roughly and so is Graham Henry. Carter is on about $500,000 and it would have been $700,000 if he accepted the offer from the Blues. Rugby is about money, continue with your denial, but if Mccaw was getting $50,000 a year he would be out of New Zealand so fast. Pro rugby has ruined rugby, the 87 All Blacks were beasts, you know why? Because they played with their hearts on their sleeves, no money involved but played with such passion and conviction, up until the pro era this died out and that thing that made the All Blacks so dominant is gone. So yes, All Blacks are the perfect example, young players going overseas like Carter, Mcallister, Jack, Hayman, Evans, Waldrom, Howlett, Collins, Umaga and I could go on and on.

You must be a fool to think New Zealand players aren't getting payed much. Richie Mccaw is getting $600,000 a year, roughly and so is Graham Henry. Carter is on about $500,000 and it would have been $700,000 if he accepted the offer from the Blues. Rugby is about money, continue with your denial, but if Mccaw was getting $50,000 a year he would be out of New Zealand so fast. Pro rugby has ruined rugby, the 87 All Blacks were beasts, you know why? Because they played with their hearts on their sleeves, no money involved but played with such passion and conviction, up until the pro era this died out and that thing that made the All Blacks so dominant is gone. So yes, All Blacks are the perfect example, young players going overseas like Carter, Mcallister, Jack, Hayman, Evans, Waldrom, Howlett, Collins, Umaga and I could go on and on.

Im a fool in denial now?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10578273

Where the hell did you get those figures from? they are so off it is ridiculous. The biggest offer in New Zealand professional rugby history according to the herald (which is a hell of a lot more reliable then yahoo answers or where ever you found those numbers) is NZ$400000. Thats 192595 in UK pounds. He didnt even accept it so noone in NZ earns that much. It says that the most Canterbury could scrape together was N$200000. Thats 96297 UK pounds.

McCaw and Carter are arguably the two best rugby players on the planet, and they are both getting paid under 100000 pounds. You are a fool in denial if you think that they couldn't snap their fingers and at least triple that salary if they went overseas. Carl Hayman was making 1 million NZ dollars at Newcastle, who knows what ridiculous amount hes getting from Toulon.

You would be beyond stupid if you thought that the players in NZ are only in it for the money. 4 million people remember, its just not possible to match the NH offers, there are still rugby players here so they must be playing for something more then money.

Also, from your list of "Young" players going overseas; Jack, Howlett, Collins, Umaga were all pushing 30 and past their used by dates anyway (Tana Umaga is 36! young in spirit maybe?). Carter going overseas was organised by the NZRU as an act of good faith. Waldrom had no shot at the All Blacks so he may as well leave. McAllister, Evans and and Hayman are the only 3 players the fit the category of good players that could have played for the All Blacks but left, even then Evans was never going to get a start and McAllister came back.

You must be a fool, is not the way to open any post here on TRF, please refrain from any type of personal insult.

Carter got offered $400,000 from the Blues, you seem to forget about the All Blacks, Crusaders, Canterbury + outside sponsors like addidas. 30% of the money a pro rugby gets is from a sponsorship.

You must be a fool, is not the way to open any post here on TRF, please refrain from any type of personal insult.

My bad. But being in an academy with an agent you learn these things and it is common knowledge to someone in my situation, I seem to forget that most people here probably aren't involved in these situations.

Sorry guys.

My bad. But being in an academy with an agent you learn these things and it is common knowledge to someone in my situation, I seem to forget that most people here probably aren't involved in these situations.

Sorry guys.

Christ.

Alright then then superstar, what academy are you in? who is your agent? how old are you? what rep teams have you been in? why are you such a dick?

Edit; Hold on, i actually recall now you trying to "subtly" force the fact that you were in the wasps academy into a conversation. I gather that you are quite young, 15 to 16 maybe.
You have recently been recruited into an academy and now think you are better then everyone.

I have some advice for you that you should probably take on board, you'll thank me when you're older.

1)You aren't special. There are 1000s of spots in 1000s of academies around the world. Anyone can have an agent, that doesn't mean you are better then anyone else. Watch out that you aren't just being taken for a ride either. Anecdotaly there are about 10 guys from my school that got picked up at around 16 by "NRL agents" the fact that they got "signed to the NRL" got to their heads and they put school and education on the backburner. They ended up playing for feeder clubs in australia and now they are just playing club rugby league and working as builders and factory workers.

2)Don't get cocky. If you drop out and get nowhere like 80% of the kids that get picked up on youth deals, then you will look like a right cock to everyone you looked down your nose at. Don't laud it over people because when you're 25 and working at the fish and chip shop, you might just have to serve them.

3)Don't assume anything. " I seem to forget that most people here probably aren't involved in these situations.". You would be surprised at just how many people actually have been in those situations. You wouldn't know, so keep your mouth shut, otherwise you look pretty stupid.

Last edited:
I didn't mean it in a patronising way, I was actually being sincere, but whatever then.

I didn't mean it in a patronising way, I was actually being sincere, but whatever then.

Whatever superstar,
Maybe you just learn how to tell the difference between when some one is being patronizing or when someone is being sincere at rugby academies? or maybe its up to your agent to teach you that sort of thing?
My bad, those kind of things just aren't common knowledge to someone in my situation. Sorry.

Do you have time to sign an autograph for me later bro?

Yeah, come on guys he wasn't just being a tosser. He was being sincere...

1. If you are telling me any of the current All Blacks are playing to just earn money, than I honestly don't think rugby is the game for you. As mentioned, many players go over seas and earn so much more than they do in NZ, with a lot more benefits. I'm not saying that they don't earn anything, I'm saying they could earn a lot more moving over seas, instead most choose to stay and play in NZ so they can represent New Zealand</ST1:place in the All Blacks. When they are no longer up to a high enough standard to continue to be selected in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:country-region w:st=
<ST1:place w:st="on">New Zealand</ST1:place></st1:country-region> they often take a larger pay check over seas, as they have earned the right to.<O:p</O:p

My bad. But being in an academy with an agent you learn these things and it is common knowledge to someone in my situation, I seem to forget that most people here probably aren't involved in these situations. Sorry guys.
Interesting point. I've played in plenty of rep teams and age grade rugby teams, and got recommended and offered to learn in the rugby academy in Palmerston North however I declined as I wished to continue a higher education a focus on other areas besides rugby. If you feel any superiority to anyone else on this forum due to the "fact" you play for an academy or have an agent (haha), then you are deluded. I know for a fact several members on this forum have played rugby with high honours. They just don't have the audacity to bring it up on several threads. As for having an agent and therefore knowing more about the business than other members, it's these kinds of comments the not only embarrass yourself, but make people disregard your posts. This forums is for people passionate about rugby, you think that maybe some of them have had a bit more involvement in the sport then playing the odd game on Saturday and coaching an U12 team?<O:p></O:p>

<O:p></O:p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts