• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 - Teams & Competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you guys understand. NPC and Currie Cup are our domestic competitions, Guinness Premiership is Englands domestic competition, Top 14 is French. To say we already have the Super 14 and don't need anything else is as ignorant as saying you guys already have the Heineken Cup, so you don't need anything else.

I don't quite understand how you think I'm portraying you as the "bad guys". I just think that some SH posters (not all) are suggesting that HB should include NPC but are seriously against the idea of a Welsh Prem mode for example. I think both should be debated, and I think NPC/Currie Cup are better competitions and should be included, but it wouldn't hurt to look at the lower divisions in the NH

Okay then let me put it this way, if they could also include the Welsh premiership, it'd be the more the merrier in my book. I just can't see them adding any more than maybe 4 new comps to this thing. That's if any are added at all. In a perfect world I wouldn't mind the Welsh Premiership at all.

Smart man your dad. Thats so accurate its kind of scary. He didnt happen to tell you any lottery numbers did he?

He has a few more hits than misses, but that one always stuck with me. It sounded fairly logical even back then. He seems to have a better strike rate at picking things that might happen than I do. The only claim to fame I have around my mates was guessing that we'd lose every game in the 1998 Tri-Nations. Mostly that was because I felt Taine Randell was an okay player, but not someone who was going to lead the All Blacks any further than a small, blind, three-legged dog. I should really have placed a few sports bets that year, lol. :)

I agree that the Currie Cup and NPC should be included as well. Not neccasarily at the expence of any European Competitions, but as added tournaments. Its two very entertaining competitions, where future Springboks and All Blacks are blooded and where current Internationals desire to play. I hope the guys at HB can accomodate these competitions as well. As for Japan, i definately think they are an untapped market, but due to their player quotas, there are limited former internationals in each team... and I don't think the level in Japan is of a similar quality as SA, NZ and the Northern hemisphere leagues such as Magners, Guinnes Prem and French Top 14. Anyone know more about the level of Japans Top flight?

I know a little bit. I'm not suggesting that ever Japan team is added, perhaps just the top 4 teams. Between the top 4 clubs they've had in the last year some really big names including Larkham, Gregan and David Hill. There are better qualified people than me to talk about the Japan Pro League however with Japan having a RWC in the next ten years, I'm sure adding a few club teams would do well.

Oh, my mistake. The complete lack of any Magners league players in any of the Welsh prem team lists was misleading.

http://www.neathrugby.co.uk/the-squad/ even Neath doesnt think Hook plays for them.. I did spot a couple Kiwis who couldnt make it to NPC level though..

And it may be a petty argument to you, but the NPC competition means alot to me. Alot more than the media and profit driven mess the super 15 is turning out to be.

The way super 15 is going to be will ruin the game down here I reckon. Australia Doesn't need another team, nor south africa or new zealand. It should have really been a paciffic island team so those players could stay living in the islands, and develop a better standard in the paciffic islands. Its sad how those running the game are looking at the $$$ rather than the fans and the sport. Even worse alot of the players dont play for the game anymore they think they are owed the big bucks.

Okay then let me put it this way, if they could also include the Welsh premiership, it'd be the more the merrier in my book. I just can't see them adding any more than maybe 4 new comps to this thing. That's if any are added at all. In a perfect world I wouldn't mind the Welsh Premiership at all.

He has a few more hits than misses, but that one always stuck with me. It sounded fairly logical even back then. He seems to have a better strike rate at picking things that might happen than I do. The only claim to fame I have around my mates was guessing that we'd lose every game in the 1998 Tri-Nations. Mostly that was because I felt Taine Randell was an okay player, but not someone who was going to lead the All Blacks any further than a small, blind, three-legged dog. I should really have placed a few sports bets that year, lol. :)

Now that makes mores sense, and to be honest I agree that Welsh prem etc. shouldn't be added and I would definitely like to see the NPC added, but in all honesty I don't see any new comps being added due to the financial constraints and the fact that they should be developing other things more

I agree that the Currie Cup and NPC should be included as well. Not neccasarily at the expence of any European Competitions, but as added tournaments. Its two very entertaining competitions, where future Springboks and All Blacks are blooded and where current Internationals desire to play. I hope the guys at HB can accomodate these competitions as well. As for Japan, i definately think they are an untapped market, but due to their player quotas, there are limited former internationals in each team... and I don't think the level in Japan is of a similar quality as SA, NZ and the Northern hemisphere leagues such as Magners, Guinnes Prem and French Top 14. Anyone know more about the level of Japans Top flight?

I didn't want to say before because i didnt want to sound like a negitive nancy, but the Japanese league is shockingly bad.
I think if there was a sizeable demand for it from Japan then sure put it in, but the quality of rugby is truely **** poor. I remember watching Andrew Blowers and Dion Waller playing for a japanese outfit against Christchurch Old Boys rugby club (It was during the super 12/14 so they had no top flight players). The Japanese side got blown off the park by a team amateurs in their first game of the year.

I catch some japanese games on rugby channel sometimes, aswell, its not pretty.

And the Japanese teams should be ranked accordingly. I'm not saying have a team rating of 80 or so, I'd same give them a ranking in the early 40's, so at least they are in some ways represented, as while the competition isn't great yet, there is still huge amounts of money offered in the Japan League. The Japan Pro League has also had many class players join them in the last few years, so they are hardly what they were in 2004-2006.

And the Japanese teams should be ranked accordingly. I'm not saying have a team rating of 80 or so, I'd same give them a ranking in the early 40's, so at least they are in some ways represented, as while the competition isn't great yet, there is still huge amounts of money offered in the Japan League. The Japan Pro League has also had many class players join them in the last few years, so they are hardly what they were in 2004-2006.

They have always had class players in japan though.. its just that there is only a limited number of foreigners allowed and the local players (on the whole) aren't that great. I said earlier i catch current games on the rugby channel from time to time, they are about on par with the better heartland teams from what ive seen.

That being said i would still be keen for the league to be included if there was sufficient demand, ie, research showed there would be a profit. That is by no means guaranteed though, there is even a high chance that the Japanese owners would want a sizeable amount of money for the licenses to their teams.

They have always had class players in japan though.. its just that there is only a limited number of foreigners allowed and the local players (on the whole) aren't that great. I said earlier i catch current games on the rugby channel from time to time, they are about on par with the better heartland teams from what ive seen.

That being said i would still be keen for the league to be included if there was sufficient demand, ie, research showed there would be a profit. That is by no means guaranteed though, there is even a high chance that the Japanese owners would want a sizeable amount of money for the licenses to their teams.

Yes, whilst being totally unaware how big Rugby games are financially. That might be a problem with licensing a few competitions. I can't imagine HB being able to show EA's profit/loss to them, and a few unions would probably not realise this isn't something for them to milk. With the Japan League, I'd play it if it was there. I just wouldn't prioritise it very much.

Effectively, S14 = HEC, and NPC/Currie Cup = Guinness Premiership/Magner's League/Top 14.

You've got the top level of competition, and then the level slightly below that.

If we really wanted to kick up a fuss we could say that Takapuna Rugby Club and Hamilton Old Boys should be in the game,because they, like Leicester and London Irish, are clubs :)

Rugby 2012 Teams & Competitions

I hope we will see the South African Currie Cup Competition in Rugby 2012!!!

Effectively, S14 = HEC, and NPC/Currie Cup = Guinness Premiership/Magner's League/Top 14.

You've got the top level of competition, and then the level slightly below that.

If we really wanted to kick up a fuss we could say that Takapuna Rugby Club and Hamilton Old Boys should be in the game,because they, like Leicester and London Irish, are clubs :)

Perfect I'd say? not trying to be stink to the nh clubs, but geez

The Free State Cheetahs could knock over both the Tigers and Wasps

(their only problem is that they only 'play' against Currie Cup teams?)
but on Currie Cup form

Free State
Western Province
Blue Bulls
Natal

Would probably come close to rounding out the complete top four against the Guiness Premiership?
Though I love Sh rugby
I really hope the NH steps up. :/
sorry.

GP, T14, HEC

S15, CC, NPC

I think that'd do?

As a Southern Hemisphere poster myself, I would be very happy just to have the NPC, Currie Cup and Super 14/15 included in the game. 3 competitions From the Southern Hemisphere is perfect.

Any more than that and the market for the game versus time spent developing would be ridiculous. Therefore, I believe the following competitions should be present in Rugby 2012 ;

SH

Super 15
NPC
Currie Cup

NH

Heineken Cup
Guinness Premiership
Top14
Magners League (including 2 Italian teams)

As a Southern Hemisphere poster myself, I would be very happy just to have the NPC, Currie Cup and Super 14/15 included in the game. 3 competitions From the Southern Hemisphere is perfect.

Any more than that and the market for the game versus time spent developing would be ridiculous. Therefore, I believe the following competitions should be present in Rugby 2012 ;

SH

Super 15
NPC
Currie Cup

NH

Heineken Cup
Guinness Premiership
Top14
Magners League (including 2 Italian teams)

I'd be perfectly happy with that.

Saracens beat South Africa. Ireland beat South Africa. France beat South Africa. Aswell as that one :)

I wish there was a remedy for the attitude of South African rugby fans.
They did indeed :D
It was just that he specifically mentioned the tiggers in his post, so i thought it'd be more relevant :p

Man I loved those club games against South Africa, just awesome. Very close aswell.

Saracens beat South Africa. Ireland beat South Africa. France beat South Africa. Aswell as that one :)

I wish there was a remedy for the attitude of South African rugby fans.

And the Boks beat the best the brits had to offer,it was great to see the lions crying & moaning all the way back home,and that is the reason the home unions are fighting against a global season because a fresh NH side will always be second best to a fresh SH side.I understand the lions were greeted as heros when they returned home,I guess thats the big difference between the SH and the nh,we have a culture of "loosing is not an option" where as the nh has a culture of "We almost beat a SH team,now that is what I call a great season"While we are talking about ireland and france,how many world cups do they have?Heres another one,how finals did ireland make..........let me rephrase that,how many semis did ireland make?

And the Boks beat the best the brits had to offer,it was great to see the lions crying & moaning all the way back home
Please point out to me where the Lions were mentioned/brought up?
Keep your posts relevant, the guy said that Tigers would be beaten by Freestate Cheetahs, i pointed out that the Tigers beat the Springboks. You then got all up in arms and started spouting off about how the SH is better than the NH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts