• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 22

pretty piecemeal collection of licences

272074519_1992998750879878_4772475305815318548_n.jpg

I missed this the other day. I don't understand their marketing team. All they've put out up to this point has been pretty terrible, and then just before release they show this, which significantly better than what they've been showing (not saying I can specifically see a great improvement from Rugby 20, apart from the faces, but it does look reasonable at least. Why share images of generic looking teams or a trophy cabinet instead of more gameplay.

Also confused as to no English teams at all. So is there a English league? Or a world league with all the teams? Then is there a player editor and kit creators etc? Plus player form or overall season fatigue to make you actually use your squad.

Also confused as to no English teams at all. So is there a English league? Or a world league with all the teams? Then is there a player editor and kit creators etc? Plus player form or overall season fatigue to make you actually use your squad.
you'd assume they will have an english league with generic teams, like Rugby Challenge 4 had an pseudo-NPC with horrible badge and kit approximations

So it's out today. Without the English and South African teams I think I'm going to hold off on buying.

I only have very old consoles and an ancient PC (when my gaming backlog got insane, I had to stop!) so can't get this. But here is a 30 minute long review it seems (for those with an interest).

So it's out today. Without the English and South African teams I think I'm going to hold off on buying.
To clarify this. They actually have all the South African teams in the URC, just no Springbok team and no Currie Cup. I'm hoping that they somehow belatedly get the springboks license and just pop that in with the kit (or someone just mods it and pulls the players), but think the English teams will likely stay out.

It's weird that they have Australia and New Zealand licensed but none of their Super Rugby teams though.

the gameplay seems to be alright but the lack of licenses especially in the southern hemisphere for the club competitions is a big blow

Is there a player editor and team editor?

Also how's the new and improved career mode?

I'd be up to creating kits for the unlicensed teams but it's not obvious to me how you would actually enable these in-game.

I put it in the PS store cart last night but thought better of it. I bought it this morning and with my slow rural internet I should be able to play it during my lunch break.

Latest posts