• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby challenge 2: The lions tour edition announced

That trailer didn't impress me at all!! It looked like the exact same trailer they had for RC1. With the addition of the B&I Lions...

That trailer didn't impress me at all!! It looked like the exact same trailer they had for RC1. With the addition of the B&I Lions...

Exactly my point. They havnt changed alot about the game just the fact you can have mauls, no 8 pickup and more stadiums. Still there is the same old boring repetitive commentary and the boring And simple modes that don't offer any sort of transfer system.

Correct. We've said a few times in various places that the game won't look different. I'm not sure if I've said that here yet or not, because I've said it so many times around the place :)

The general consensus from our gamers was that it looked good, but gameplay and career mode should be prioritised. Graphics got optimised to improve performance, but we didn't even try and make it prettier. We didn't really see the point in spending time and resources on something users were pretty happy with, when there was so much they wanted improved.

We expect and hope the difference will show up when you play the game.

Will we possibly a game play video of two really good players, prior to the release? I'd love to see the game being played by some experts, to showcase how good it can be in the right hands.

We are planning a new Tyrone's Tips video, which is more to help gamers pick up the optimal way to play, than to show off the game. We don't presently plan what you suggest, but I'll pass it on to the team.

That's where Tyrone's been hiding this whole time... Cheers Milla :)

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, because he's always described as 'Rugby Challenge Vision Holder' by us, but he is one of our founders, our Technical Director, and a coder on the project. He was in there with the team programming throughout development of both games, on top of his duties in his main role. He's dedicated, to put it mildly :)

Im glad carear mode has been prioritised i am looking forward to be able to buy players and sell players, is it likely that a player will grow or decrease in stats overtime like in fifa

Correct. We've said a few times in various places that the game won't look different. I'm not sure if I've said that here yet or not, because I've said it so many times around the place :)

The general consensus from our gamers was that it looked good, but gameplay and career mode should be prioritised. Graphics got optimised to improve performance, but we didn't even try and make it prettier. We didn't really see the point in spending time and resources on something users were pretty happy with, when there was so much they wanted improved.

We expect and hope the difference will show up when you play the game.
This.

Pre-ordered mine yesterday. Only did it for the free All Blacks scarf. :p Game and case will act as my mouse pad. ;)

(J/k - been looking forward to this ever since the announcement. How mcuh so? Haven't pre-ordered the Last of Us yet and will be getting this before that. Though I will get that, in time, as well.)

But the socks, please tell me you included HD socks!!1!
You know what I said above? Well forget that until I know HD socks are confirmed.

And barefeet option would be nice too...

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, because he's always described as 'Rugby Challenge Vision Holder' by us, but he is one of our founders, our Technical Director, and a coder on the project. He was in there with the team programming throughout development of both games, on top of his duties in his main role. He's dedicated, to put it mildly :)
**** Tyrone really did get it together after all.

Pre Ordered ready for its release in just over a week. Steel book edition :D Just hope us UK gamers don't get shafted like last time last minute! Nothing to do with SIDHE, hope the distributors get it right!

Looking forward to seeing how the NH player likenesses have turned out, along with the new gameplay additions :D

Im glad carear mode has been prioritised i am looking forward to be able to buy players and sell players, is it likely that a player will grow or decrease in stats overtime like in fifa

Has the buying and selling of players been confirmed ?

**** Tyrone really did get it together after all.

That's one way of putting it. He's the world authority on both Rugby Challenge games because he's the one person who is involved at every level, and who manages the production process. He's there at every step, from motion capture (being squashed at times), through programming, to final bug fixing and polish. You could call it his game without missing the mark. This is why he will always be the guy putting together the tips videos.

BTW, thanks to those preordering. We appreciate the support :)

Despite my moaning I preordered a while ago.

Has there been any confirmation on whether or not the fullback will be more involved in this game?

Latest posts