• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 confirmed

Sounds good, but the lack of licenses for French rugby is a bummer. I didn't even know there were updates for the console versions.

From what I have seen I am a little concerned about the graphics and character editor being the same as RC2 and RC. It's quite difficult to customise characters with the skins format that the RC games had, I always felt the characters all ended up looking the same. Also, as a South African I am slightly concerned that we aren't going to get those real faces for South Africa and England that we have seen on the New Zealand and Australian international players. I am hoping that it is just something that still needs to be implemented, because in the screenshots released they are definitely not correct.

But overall, it does seem that they have listened to what people were requesting, don't worry about the graphics, just expand the gameplay options and replayability. Will be really interesting to see how the actual gameplay handles on the pitch...

I must say, i am super excited for this!

as a south african, fully licensed super rugby and currie cup!

@Lions4Life

I agree, cant wait to play this on ps4 man
this can be so much fun

if the cricket is anything to go by, this will be a great game

Last edited by a moderator:
No one has seemed to mention that this is being developed by Wicked Witch Software and not Sidhe............................

i knew it wasnt being made by Sidhe? maybe WW will do a better job... just wish Big Ant was involved, they made a champion game with Don Bradman Cricket....

I love how player's hands are still MASSIVE and disproportioned... :p The screenshots are pretty much identical to those you'd get from RC1!
However, I'm really hoping this will be good.

The majority opninion I'd heard was that Rugby Challenge 2 wasn't much of an improvement on 1, but I've recently heard a few people on this forum say otherwise so maybe I should have bought it after all...

Either way, although licenses matter I desperately want them to focus on core gameplay first and foremost. Modders can sort out kits and stuff like that, but you can't sort out a game where players zip 100 mph passes from nowhere from one touch line to the other....

The majority opninion I'd heard was that Rugby Challenge 2 wasn't much of an improvement on 1, but I've recently heard a few people on this forum say otherwise so maybe I should have bought it after all...

They didn't make a lot of changes, but the changes which they did make were significant. e.g. Intercepts stopped people from just spamming the offload button. I recently played a game a game of RC1 and it was horrible to go back to.

Rugby Challenge 3 press release

Really hope this game gets the kind of exposure that Rugby 15 got, I.e. TV adverts, reviews etc. that can make the more casual fan aware of it. Especially with the World Cup being on in England, hopefully lots of people here can get into it and want to buy the game.

Also I agree with the steps that RC2 made being good. The rucks were improved, yet not quite fixed, the increased tactical options gave more options and mauls from lineouts were another good addition. Hopefully they've listened to fans re gameplay in the way they've listened to us about game modes.

Last edited:
it sounds good on paper some more modes and licenses hopefully the gameplay can match up to it.

If I am not wrong i believe they are able to be shared across all platforms too. Correct??

Sorry that's the mods I was referring to.

That fanhub description says "Quad Nations". That may mean that "The Rugby Championship" competition isn't licensed, like in RC2. So that may suggest that Argentina aren't licensed this time around.

Anyway, super pumped that SupeRugby and the South African's are licensed now.

That fanhub description says "Quad Nations". That may mean that "The Rugby Championship" competition isn't licensed, like in RC2. So that may suggest that Argentina aren't licensed this time around.

Anyway, super pumped that SupeRugby and the South African's are licensed now.

I wonder if you can edit competition names/logos in the fan hub e.g. change the quad nations to the Rugby Championship with official logo or change the euro nations to the 6 nations with official logo? Can anyone who has used the fanhub yet tell me?

Anyone notice in the press release there's no word of "Exclusive" in there? So does that mean the RWC2015 could potentially have the AB's, Wallabies, England and Springboks? Would be good news if it were, then both games would have the licenses.

Looking at the screenshots released, RC3 looks exactly like it's 2 predecessors. So it appears as if Wicked Witch just took over where Sidhe left off. Even though I actually kind of enjoyed RC and RC2, I would've preferred this to developed this from ground up, but obviously that would've come at a significantly higher expense, time and effort. I guess I was hoping to see something significantly better like what BigAnt have appeared to have done with RLL3.

Anyone notice in the press release there's no word of "Exclusive" in there? So does that mean the RWC2015 could potentially have the AB's, Wallabies, England and Springboks? Would be good news if it were, then both games would have the licenses.

Looking at the screenshots released, RC3 looks exactly like it's 2 predecessors. So it appears as if Wicked Witch just took over where Sidhe left off. Even though I actually kind of enjoyed RC and RC2, I would've preferred this to developed this from ground up, but obviously that would've come at a significantly higher expense, time and effort. I guess I was hoping to see something significantly better like what BigAnt have appeared to have done with RLL3.

If it was developed from ground up we would have had a rubbish game.

If they have worked and improved on the gameplay and extra features such as carrier mode then this game will be awesome.

Very disappointed actually, looks identical to Rugby Challenge 2 and even has the same awful scrum design. Please tell me the gameplay is dramatically different as I thought RC2 sucked

Latest posts