• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge 3 confirmed

It's a bit late to add licences and teams I'd imagine, because the game is listed as complete, in the boxes just waiting for Tru Blu to hurry the **** up and release the game.
If it was ready to release then there was no need to delay it. Has to be something still to add that they needed to delay. In fairness they might had done another test run on it and found an error which needed fixed but idk.

If it was ready to release then there was no need to delay it. Has to be something still to add that they needed to delay. In fairness they might had done another test run on it and found an error which needed fixed but idk.

Legal Issues around Jonah Lomu's death. Tru Blu taking their sweet time to release it. Wicked Witch has said the game has been finished since October.

Legal Issues around Jonah Lomu's death. Tru Blu taking their sweet time to release it. Wicked Witch has said the game has been finished since October.

ive got a feeling Lomu's death will have delayed the game by at least a few months. RIP big fella. i remember reading about how disney could not use Robin Williams voice/pre-recorded dialogue in a new aladin film as the was a clause in his will that said his name could not be used to earn a profit for X amount of time after his death. if Lomu had such a thing in his will then it could potentially spell the end of the game. if it forbids anyone from using his name for profit indefinitely then theres no way the game is being released as i would assume they would have to change all the box/disc covers, menus and potentially even in game diaglogue. Tru blue and wicked witch just dont seem to have the financial means to bypass all this. hopefully though there is a just a few months in the delay.

The game hasn't been marketed* as Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge 3 though. Only the first game was sold as a Jonah Lomu affiliated ***le IIRC?

There is the non-regional boxed edition of the game which is the "Jonah Lomu" edition, which may need to be re-done depending on contractual/rights issues as mentioned above, but none of the regional editions are branded with Lomu from what has been leaked/made public so far. Obviously we don't know the ins and outs of these things and only have minimal pre-release info to go on, so who's to say (except for the people that won't say anything - the publisher).

* I know - I could have stopped there.

ive got a feeling Lomu's death will have delayed the game by at least a few months. RIP big fella. i remember reading about how disney could not use Robin Williams voice/pre-recorded dialogue in a new aladin film as the was a clause in his will that said his name could not be used to earn a profit for X amount of time after his death. if Lomu had such a thing in his will then it could potentially spell the end of the game. if it forbids anyone from using his name for profit indefinitely then theres no way the game is being released as i would assume they would have to change all the box/disc covers, menus and potentially even in game diaglogue. Tru blue and wicked witch just dont seem to have the financial means to bypass all this. hopefully though there is a just a few months in the delay.

Mate, I feel like you have gone to the conspiracy levels there ;) .

Fact is this game has been delayed significantly before the unfortunate news of Lomu's passing. I don't think it is having much of an impact on the release of the game though. I really think the game is caught up in the microsoft/Sony process that Ross from Big Ant was talking about. If they have made their way through that, I also think they would realise with all the competition they face in the festive gaming window and no large rugby hype at the moment, that it is best to delay their release.

I'm guessing a February release date.

That sounds much more likely. Maybe even March. Smaller publishers always want to avoid the November/December window. It still doesn't excuse Tru Blu for the ridiculous lack of communication of course. Would love to freelance their PR for them, haha!

Someone was suggesting that back on page 7 from memory because the World Cup was finished and no EOYT games either.

I honestly think they need to not even think about release until the start of Super Rugby, but get it out week one or two of that. It'll be early enough that there'll still be the 6 Nations to promote it beside in the Northern Hemisphere.

Which is in that whole February-March area.

Any news?
this is on wikipedia!
[TABLE="class: infobox hproduct, width: 264"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Developer(s)[/TD]
[TD]Wicked Witch Software[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Publisher(s)[/TD]
[TD]Tru Blu Entertainment[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Platform(s)[/TD]
[TD]PlayStation 4, Xbox One,PlayStation 3, Xbox 360,Microsoft Windows[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Release date(s)[/TD]
[TD]Early 2016[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Genre(s)[/TD]
[TD]Sports/Rugby Union[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mode(s)[/TD]
[TD]Single-player, Multiplayer[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

What Scottish Cannon knows about anything could be written on an exceptionally small postage stamp.

I never said it was around March, I said it makes logical sense, and that date could be a placeholder, that is why it is called a discussion, BTW I was one of the first to play rugby challenge 3 so obviously I know something, surely, no?? haha

I never said it was around March, I said it makes logical sense, and that date could be a placeholder, that is why it is called a discussion, BTW I was one of the first to play rugby challenge 3 so obviously I know something, surely, no?? haha

Was it good? Much of an improvement on 2?

You obviously know "something", but your videos don't really work as "videos" and come across largely as clickbait with little to no information. Your "updates" would make more sense as blog posts. Why on earth you insist on recording your news and putting it against a bunch of still images I don't understand.

You obviously know "something", but your videos don't really work as "videos" and come across largely as clickbait with little to no information. Your "updates" would make more sense as blog posts. Why on earth you insist on recording your news and putting it against a bunch of still images I don't understand.

SANZAR I respect what you said, you previously called me out for clickbaiting ***les back in 2014 and I made sure that all my ***les are better directed to the information in the video, as I agreed with you to a certain extent. I however don't agree with the lack of information in the video, every news video serves a purpose, even it it is the smallest bit of information a lot of people are still interested in the developments. Also, some rc3 videos I make are talking about the game, a discussion and therefore, there is not always going to be more information in the video, as I am talking about things we already know. So the main reason that I use still images is too A) Show the evidence/source (aka if I get a reply from tru blu) people can see that it is actually from them and I didn't just type it myself, B) I could use gameplay from rc2 in the background as well, but as I no longer own the game it is hard for me to record gameplay and C) More entertaining than my bad quality vlog. Finally, of course I could do a blog but I don't like writing and would rather talk about something, unscripted. I am a youtuber, and video format is what I record myself playing games, making vlogs and do other things than just rc3 news, so I hope that clears some things up

- - - Updated - - -

Was it good? Much of an improvement on 2?

I enjoyed it bro, BE A Pro and Sevens were especially fun, but of course there were some improvements to the game that I recommended that I hope they would adjust.

BTW I was one of the first to play rugby challenge 3 so obviously I know something, surely, no?? haha

I was literally the first to play rugby 2011, this forum's name is in the credits - doesn't mean I was involved in the marketing/release of the game.

yea of course not bro, I saw a video that someone uploaded to youtube or it, but I know something about the game itself, I never claimed to be apart of marketing / release, I am just like everyone else as we search for news for the release date. I never claimed that the game was out in march, I said it makes logical sense and that march is a placeholder

Latest posts