• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY CHALLENGE 4

I wonder how long we will have to wait for the game to be released on PC? It worries me a bit that they didn't mention anything.

It is mind boggling how the advertising could be this bad.

I wonder how long we will have to wait for the game to be released on PC? It worries me a bit that they didn't mention anything.

It is mind boggling how the advertising could be this bad.

Usually it's a month or two wait after console release isn't it for PC? (going of historic rugby challenge releases).

It seems that somehow... the game has released in the US Nintendo Switch market:

Someone mentioned it's not out in the UK, SA, Aus and NZ though. What on Earth are they doing. (Also, wouldn't want to buy the Switch version based on that graphical hit based on screenshots. Unclear if they took those in handheld or docked mode).

It seems that somehow... the game has released in the US Nintendo Switch market:

Someone mentioned it's not out in the UK, SA, Aus and NZ though. What on Earth are they doing. (Also, wouldn't want to buy the Switch version based on that graphical hit based on screenshots. Unclear if they took those in handheld or docked mode).
Just North America apparently. I have no idea what they're trying to do here, what is the point of releasing to one niche market. Those images on the Nintendo site look absolutely awful. Zero excuse for a game looking that bad graphically in 2020.

I re-installed RC3 the other week to give it another shot - if they've not changed the gameplay for this I'm definitely not buying it.
It's just...bad. I mean RC is the best of a bad bunch, because the "Rugby **" series are borderline unplayable, but that doesn't mean they're worth £40-50 of anyones money.

I re-installed RC3 the other week to give it another shot - if they've not changed the gameplay for this I'm definitely not buying it.
It's just...bad. I mean RC is the best of a bad bunch, because the "Rugby **" series are borderline unplayable, but that doesn't mean they're worth £40-50 of anyones money.
They defo need to change gameplay (imo the best gameplay in a modern rugby game is RLL3 or 4) but if you change the sliders and stats you can get some really enjoyable games on RC3.

Only thing is that it's soooo easy

The page has gone live however as someone pointed out on Facebook there isn't actually a buy now button. Think it's a bit like the Xbox page that went live last week. I expect it will suddenly disappear like the Xbox one. The graphics do look pretty terrible on the switch version but hopefully for anyone thinking of buying these were taken from the Early Access version which may have had graphics like grass turned down

If they have improved the AI to actually defend well, I could be hyped for the Rugby Challenge 3.5 lol

Can whoever is able to play the game tomorrow please post videos on the new features, teams, player ratings etc? I would greatly appreciate it!

I will unfortunately have to wait until it is released on PC.

I don't think I'll buy it day 1. I want a guarantee it's not utterly shite first. Glad they're not delaying it again though. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
Can whoever is able to play the game tomorrow please post videos on the new features, teams, player ratings etc? I would greatly appreciate it!

I will unfortunately have to wait until it is released on PC.
This is concerning to say the least..

Attachments

• 7ACB201D-1DFF-4A2D-AC45-5D52F5E6FD47.jpeg
    7ACB201D-1DFF-4A2D-AC45-5D52F5E6FD47.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 43
I don't think we can trust reviews on rugby games. I'd rather trust the people who have played the game, i.e. rugby fans.

Latest posts