• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY CHALLENGE 4

Apart from all the things mentioned, including all the buggy annoyances, I would really like a proper scrum. It would be a total overhaul and the chance of seeing one in a rugby game in the next 50 years is about 0.007% but imagine how great it would be seeing realistic binding, driving, opposition scrum under pressure, collapsing, popping up. Winning scrum penalties or shoving the opposition backwards and seeing their pack disintegrate or even getting a penalty try. Could be influenced by player ratings obviously, fatigue, form, momentum in the match. I can dream....

To be fair that sounds like a snooze fest to me. I get some people would really enjoy that and I don't doubt it could be interesting. But that seems like a scripting nightmare and if not done well would be boring as all hell.

I'd personally like to see the slowmo kicking removed to make dropgoals harder.

Haha not scrum collapses for resets, for penalties, so there is some point in the game to having superior power, scrummaging ratings and better prop technique, otherwise might as well be playing rugby league

#1 thing for rugby games - AI

#2 for me would be getting the physics right. Madden's gameplay has totally stagnated in the last 10 years because it depends far too heavily on animations (compare to the the 2k5 / 2k8 games which are much more fluid). I think physics is even more important for rugby as so much depends on player momentum (mass/speed) and body position. I'd love to see good integration of all of those things. Previous iterations of RC were ok, but passing and players getting sucked into animations were frustrating.

Probably a big ask considering none of these are big budget games, but that'd be my dream.

Looking forward to it.

Hoping it's a stepforward for overall rugby gameplay in general.

This press release (assuming it was sourced from Sidhe) doesn't fill me with joy...

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/...lude-super-rugby-teams-and-a-new-career-mode/

The "RaboDirect Pro12"?? It hasn't been that for a couple of years now :(
I wouldn't take anything from this article as true. Sidhe have not been involved with this game since Rugby Challenge 2. Tru Blu gave the game to Wicked Witch and I expect it to be them again. Rugby 20 has also already confirmed they have Gallagher Prem, Pro 14 and Top 14 so don't expect to see these in RC4

The one thing I don't understand is how rugby games have gone backwards since rugby 08??

The back line lined up and the game was quite fluid... so how in now 11/12 years has gameplay gone backwards??
I know there is no budget like EA but honestly how can FIFA or MADDEN look THAT GOOD every year and we can't get even 1/10th of the quality every 10 years... enough of the negative nigel all I want from RC4 is:

- getting the game play right is a must
- create, edit, download from hub EVERYTHING to do with a club just like rugby league live 4- crests, build stadiums, kit design, name,
- create, edit, download from hub custom players
- create, edit, download from hub leagues/comps
- WORLD LEAGUE (rugby 08's best feature!!!)
- career mode player/club

basically give me rugby league live 4 with 15 players, scrums lines out and rucks... and world league :)

The one thing I don't understand is how rugby games have gone backwards since rugby 08??

The back line lined up and the game was quite fluid... so how in now 11/12 years has gameplay gone backwards??
I know there is no budget like EA but honestly how can FIFA or MADDEN look THAT GOOD every year and we can't get even 1/10th of the quality every 10 years... enough of the negative nigel all I want from RC4 is:

- getting the game play right is a must
- create, edit, download from hub EVERYTHING to do with a club just like rugby league live 4- crests, build stadiums, kit design, name,
- create, edit, download from hub custom players
- create, edit, download from hub leagues/comps
- WORLD LEAGUE (rugby 08's best feature!!!)
- career mode player/club

basically give me rugby league live 4 with 15 players, scrums lines out and rucks... and world league :)

It's not just rugby - Madden may look good now, but the game is ******* dreadful. It has 1/10th of the depth of its heyday (04-08, as well as the 2K series), the gameplay has arguably regressed over the last 10 years; it's stagnated with the same crap - animation bugs and dice-roll outcomes, bad ball trajectory, bad blocking logic. All resources have flowed towards enhancing pay-to-play modes, franchise mode is so weak compared to the good old days. I hate being that person, but it's true. Used to be able to customise everything including teams, can't even do that anymore, and there's no good reason why not, I suspect a lot of it comes from exec-level decisions.

Right now, I want good gameplay and something which promises to grow into something much more - I'd buy a game which only has 8 unlicenced teams and a player/team creator if it had good gameplay and started to integrate physics well.

EB Games NZ has it listed for 12th December release. but that is likely a placeholder date.

EB Games NZ has it listed for 12th December release. but that is likely a placeholder date.

True but still we can atleast assume that the game will release around that timeframe and I find it a bit worrisome that we have seen nothing about the game.My feeling is we are getting RC3 with just a few added features and updated rosters.Same gameplay.

True but still we can atleast assume that the game will release around that timeframe and I find it a bit worrisome that we have seen nothing about the game.My feeling is we are getting RC3 with just a few added features and updated rosters.Same gameplay.

My guess is they'll have changed the engine at least. The Developers do make the Rugby League Live games and they've been getting progressively better lately.

My guess is they'll have changed the engine at least. The Developers do make the Rugby League Live games and they've been getting progressively better lately.

I would really like if they did however I don't think so .. they also made the rugby league games ? .. if so as you said that might be a positive sorry I don't really follow the league or their games but from what i have seen it looks pretty decent.but I hope you are right about the engine

I think even this might be unlikely. The two games were by two different developers. RC was Sidhe then Wicked Witch while RLL was Big Ben Interactive. Both were published by Tru Blu however Big Ben Interactive no longer deal with Tru Blu so not sure how much of RLL could be shared with another developer

I think even this might be unlikely. The two games were by two different developers. RC was Sidhe then Wicked Witch while RLL was Big Ben Interactive. Both were published by Tru Blu however Big Ben Interactive no longer deal with Tru Blu so not sure how much of RLL could be shared with another developer

If you look at the RC website however the players definitely look like they are newer models and higher resolution textures.

If you look at the RC website however the players definitely look like they are newer models and higher resolution textures.

If it has the same gameplay as RC3 I will be very disappointed I don't want another offload and insane passing fest

Bring back player form as well from rugby 08. Without form and overall player fatigue you don't ever have a reason to change you starting team.

They cannot even bring out a trailer how will they do coding for form XD

Bring back player form as well from rugby 08. Without form and overall player fatigue you don't ever have a reason to change you starting team.

Have to agree that the player models and graphics look better but not sure I see much change in the animation. Really hoping that I'm wrong. Release is two weeks tomorrow if EB Games is correct so might see something given Tru Blu track record for only beginning marketing so close to release

Latest posts