• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Challenge Gameplay Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very kind of you. Thanks very much.

marc-jacobs-mix-quilted-classic-rosen-handbags.jpg

Looks rubbish. All hope on the world cup rugby 2011 game now. Looks slow, rucks take forever. Defenders dont react to anything. Pass's look fake and seen no kicking out of hand but would not be hopeful and the player videos everytime the ball goes dead were endless. Defensive lines non-existent and tackles looks ****. Looks like Sidhe spent all their time fighting for licenses and forgot about game play, again. For the finished version I hope they start from scratch.

Can someone please update Jonah Lomu Rugby (add knock ons) and release it, it has been too long

You are Jokeing, CORRECT!!!! DID YOU EVEN SEE THE VIDEO, I AM A FAN OF BOTH GAMES BUT , DO YOU REALIZE THAT THIS VIDEO WAS TAKEN DOWN BECAUSE IT WAS PRE BUILD AMONG I AM SURE OTHER REASONS, RUCKS DID NOT TAKE TO LONG, DO YOU WATCH or PLAY UNION OR LEAGUE???? lf you looked at every breakdown, the result of the ruck was exactly as what one thought it should be. Trust me I am the biggest analyzer to ruck play and I watched every ruck formed and paused it about 4 times each. Listen, I think both games will have great things to offer and I believe they will have some things in common, while other things very different. It just seems a little shady when you are the only one thus far with a negative comment. But I guess everyone to there own opinion. This is what I thought.
Just great!!!!! Was supposed to get some work done today:) Now I will spend 90% of the day analyzing this video:) and the other 10% watching Argentina vs columbia in futbol. Some how I got the feeling this video will not last very long on you tube, don't think there was permission, personal opinion, hopefully I am wrong. I any case, SIDHE , EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, SPECTACULAR, first impression, and lucky the french that can even analyze it more. Can you say (FRENCH DICTIONARY TRANSLATION):)
Loved the breackdown, you could actually retain possesion out wide. Correct me if I am wrong, but the rucking system looked spectacular, it seemed like , and I think because it is in French, not sure, rucking works like this is (TOTAL SPECULATION) you add players to the ruck when you see you have gained advantage on a circular meter you then press another button for the final grab, if the circle meter is mostly on your side, you win the ruck, this can happen with 2 players in the ruck or 5, it seems like you have to press the aggressive button at the correct time or maybe the sytem works like this you have two options to add players fast, or aggresive two different buttons giving you options of how to enter or function in ruck, Looks very, very, realistic both pace and over all game play. French dudes, Help us out here!!!! Some translations please to confirm some stuff. Mario, please give a big thank you to the Sidhe team, you can see lots and lots of originality and work put into this game already. I will be buying both games, rw2011, and two for Sidhe's game, PC and Ps3, but gut feeling(set on by video:)) is RC will get the trophy, could be proven wrong though, . Could not been happier how the gameplay looks, this is much better then a game trailer. Would of like to see somthing for set plays and mauls, don't know if they are included, i think mauls have been confirmed?? Hopefully the final build will have this rucking mechanism.(THIS WAS A PRE BUILD!!!!!!)
Mucho Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
Meh, people can argue about it, but fact of the matter is that it did look similar to RL2

It looks 10x better than RL2, but is definitely recognisable as being made by the same people - running and passing very similar, even some of the tackles look like it too and what little I remember seeing of the side steps looks similar to the RL series
This isn't necessarily a slight on the game, as I enjoyed the RL games - just saying that it's not unlike the RL games. Hopefully it's like the RL games but with the flaws ironed out

As an aside from that, I didn't really like the look of the scrum, however I imagine when you're playing it you're focusing on the mini-game bar thing (which, again, I imagine is better in person than how it looked there...), so aren't really going to be looking at the scrum

Last edited:
Saying its like RL2, c'mon, get a grip...

Looked great I must say, passing was flat and fast and a huge improvement on the RL games.

Liked the lack of bunching that HB's games have had... when he got the run away try only a few chasers and the slow guys were left way back down the field.

Last edited:
Meh, people can argue about it, but fact of the matter is that it did look similar to RL2

It looks 10x better than RL2, but is definitely recognisable as being made by the same people - running and passing very similar, even some of the tackles look like it too and what little I remember seeing of the side steps looks similar to the RL series
This isn't necessarily a slight on the game, as I enjoyed the RL games - just saying that it's not unlike the RL games. Hopefully it's like the RL games but with the flaws ironed out

As an aside from that, I didn't really like the look of the scrum, however I imagine when you're playing it you're focusing on the mini-game bar thing (which, again, I imagine is better in person than how it looked there...), so aren't really going to be looking at the scrum

Agreed with this.

umosay, dunno about the bunching was some there but people see only what they want to see.

On a sidenote, I did like the presentation of the game e.g. the entrance and the naming of the teams.

I genuinely feel for you Mario, nobody wants to see their work exposed without permission. I hope this does not dent the game too much in terms of licenses etc and i wish you luck in the build-up to the game's release.

From a naive non-gaming-industry-point-of-view I don't understand why a licenser would remove their license because of this
Is it because it shows a lack of security or something?
I mean, they'd still have their brand exposed to a wide audience regardless of a leaked video etc.

Was it someone on the team? As it was done through the SIDHE Account... or did you get hacked?

Sorry for the probing questions, just would be interesting to know.

Sidhe deliberately put it up but it was only viewable to those that had the direct link. Someone shared this link with the general public. Apparently they shouldn't have done that.

Ahh I see... Simple mistake... You got to love the internet!

Don't tell me it was the French who shared it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts